Serendipity

Jennifer Wilkonson

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Jennifer was relieved to be let out from Hogwarts, even if it was only for the weekend. And although this time she was not meeting with Matthew she was alright with that, there would be no way she could make a fool of herself again, or she didn't think there was and the less she embarrassed herself in front of him the better.

Surprisingly, Jenn didn't ask Jessie to hang out with her on this day. She felt it would be a good idea to spend this time alone. Something in the back of her mind told her that it would be very serendipitous for her if such actions were taken, so they were. The blonde girl let her hair stay relaxed as it blew in the warming breeze that spring provided herself and the rest of the New Zealander's. She wore a simple blouse that she felt it wasn't even worth gazing over in the mirror before she left her dorm room but jeans that made up for it by making her leg seem longer then it already was.

All in all, Jenny thought it would be a good day, or she hoped it would be, as she walked along the Brightstone Streets.

Matthew Reed knew it was one of those Brightstone weekends for the Hogwarts students and so he planned to meet up with Jessica. It never really hit him how accustomed he was to having his sister around, he also didn't expect how much he'd miss the girl who really annoyed the crap out of him at times. Jessica being at Hogwarts really didn't allow the two sibings to keep in contact, only by means of Owls. As Matthew walked into the village of Brightstone a thought struck him, what if he ran into Jenny? What if Jessica had secretly invited Jenny, unknown to Jenny's feelings for him and his own feelings for her? Matthew stopped in his tracks as he thought about the situation at hand.

After that late-night talk with Jenny, things changed for the soon-to-be seventeen year old. Matthew finally recognised his feelings for the girl and he really wasn't sure what to do with them. The obivous step was to break up with Kadie, he knew it wasn't fair on her, even if he wasn't going to do anything about his feelings towards Jenny. After that painul breakeup a sense of relief hit Matthew. He found himself thinking freely of Jenny without having the guilt of the girlfriend. Yet, Matthew was still confused by the whole situation. Jenny had clearly stated her feelings towards him which was bloody fantastic in one sense but in another, it was a complete disaster. Would it be right to date his younger sister's best friend? Would it be right to date Jenny? It could either ruin everything....or simply make things a whole lot better?

Matthew shook his head, he didn't have to think about this now. It wasn't like he was meeting up with Jenny, well, the last he heard he wasn't. Matthew shoved his hands deep into his jeans pockets and continued his casual walk through the crowd. His mind wandered to the band, the stress was beginning to take hold of him. Things were getting rough now, he found it difficult and tiring to keep in contact with his bandmates, there was only so much of the Floo Network that he could hande aswell. The fact that he was also struggling to write was just making matters worse. As he these thoughts took hold of him, it wasn't hard to spot Jenny amongst the crowd goers. Matthew paused, everything seemed to come to a standstill. Typical, Matthew thought with annoyance before subconsciencously calling out, "Jenny!?" What the hell are you doing? He asked himself fustratedly, he could have easily snuck past her and headed off to meet Jess! But something told him otherwise, something told him that maybe he didn't have to run away all the time?

Jenny turned her head as her nickname was called, but not in the way it was usually said. It was spoken with annoyence and it caused her to flinch. She knew it was Matthew, how could he still be mad at her for her feelings towards him. It wasn't as if she was making passes at him or anything of the sort, she just couldn't stand to lie to him any longer, besides he was the one that asked right? "Matty?" she asked quietly as she turned towards him, her cheeks blooming as she fawned over him.

"What's up?" Jenn asked as she fiddled with her fingers as she looked deep into his wonderful blue eyes. It took all of her strength not to wrap her arms around him and kiss him like she so desperately wanted to, or to tell him how she felt but of course, she wouldn't. Matthew would probably push her away and she would be made a fool of again, she simply couldn't stand it again.

Matthew continued to walk towards Jenny all the while questioning why he was doing this. How could she draw him to her so much? It was like a reflex, when he saw Jenny he felt the need to be beside her. He had to be near her. When she asked what was up he shrugged a little, lazily not really knowing what to say. Did he tell her about Kadie? His feelings towards her? Or prehaps just get the stress of the band of his chest? "Not much." He lied, "...you?" Matthew couldn't believe this was happening. How now he was lying to Jenny, how things were extremely awkward between them. Yet, he found it too hard to take his eyes of her, it was awkward as hell but he just couldn't bring himself to separate from her. The adoration in his blue eyes were clear, no matter how much he tried to cover it.

Jenny chewed down as Matthew acted so aloofly towards her. She didn't understand exactly how he could do this when she had told him that she really liked him only a few months ago. Did he not care at all? Was he still with that unworthy Kadie? She hoped not. Even if he wasn't with her, he was far too good for her and she would stick by it. "Brightstone Weekend. Err, figured I'd get out of the school. I feel kind of suffocated by loneliness," she admitted, frowning softly before looking down at her feet with a straight face. How could he be so cruel to her, teasing her with that glint in his eyes that she noticed but wasn't sure what it was for.

After a moment of silence she looked back up at Matthew and flashed him a fake smile before she said, "I'm going to go now. Shopping to do." She shrugged her shoulders before turning at her heels and slowly walking in the opposite direction, hoping that he would stop her, even if it was to say something hurtful towards her.

Matthew watched as she looked away from him yet his eyes were still glued to her. He sighed silently wanting nothing more to take her in his arms and hold her close to him. He wanted to be able to kiss her with all the passion that he felt towards her. But he knew that he couldn't, even if she wanted to too. And then, it seemed as he was lost in thought she walked away from him. He couldn't take it. He couldn't let her walk away from him, not today. He opened his mouth to say something, but what exactly he didn't know? "...I..emm.." he began in a quiet tone that he knew she probably couldn't hear, "..I broke up with Kadie!" He called out, this time loud enough so that she could hear. His fingers interlocked at the back of his head. He paused, and although he looked still, his heart was beating rapidly against his chest. He couldn't control what he felt for Jenn anymore and he knew that if she came any closer, that he wouldn't be able to control himself. Morally, he hoped she wouldn't come closer and that she would just walk away. However, his heart thought differently...

"I broke up with Kadie!" She stopped walking sharply and turned around to face Matthew. She smiled shyly at him, her heart pounded against her chest just as hard as it had the day she had told him what she felt for him. She took a step towards him and hoped he would walk towards her and do what she was afraid to do right now. "I told you," she said in a near whisper, knowing that he would be able to know what she was saying even if he couldn't hear her. He was too good for Kadie, too good for her but she hoped he would be able to look past that.

Matthew looked up from the pavement to see Jenny turn around, at this point Matthew couldn't control himself. His heart was now making the decisions and he closed the distance between the two in three short strides. His heart raced rapidly with every step he took. He had to fight to urge to kiss her as she stood so close in front of him. His eyes watched her carefully, studying every tiny detail on her beautiful face. Matthew took a very small step closer towards her. They were so close now that he was sure she could feel the warmth of his breath, all the while his eyes glued to hers. And then, with great gentleness Matthew brushed a piece of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear, his hand lingered in her hair while the other cupped the back of her head easily. Slowly, Matthew leaned in towards Jenny even though he knew what the consequences would be he didn't care. He yearned for Jenny, he never felt this way about anyone before, he wasn't going to mess this up. He promised himself that he wouldn't. His eyelids slid over his eyes as his lips brushed past hers softly. And then, with all of the utmost passion he felt for her, he kissed her.

Jenny watched as he closed the distance between them, breathing in and out deeply she studied his face. She felt as if she would have a heart attack when Matthew stood closer to her. Her arms rested on his as he held her close to him, she wanted him so badly and with every second passing she found herself inching closer to him, her eyes flicking from his eyes to his lips then back again before her eyes slowly closed as their lips touched gently. This was complete and utter bliss, all of the bad, everything made up for it all. She could feel herself smile wider then she had ever before between the moment of the loving brush and the passionate kiss they shared.

As their lips melded together, Jenn slid her hand up through his hair lovingly and after what felt like hours and yet still too short, she broke her lips from his. She smiled softly and gently rubbed her nose along his. "Matty," she whispered quietly, letting him know exactly what was going through her mind without actually saying it.

Towards the end of their kiss Matthew began to smile. It was perfect! Everything was falling so perfectly into place for the pair of teenagers. This was what he wanted all along. Jenny was what he wanted and he wasn't going to let her go. As she rubbed her nose against his, he lowered his arms and took her in a loving hug. His arms were wrapped around the small of her back and he pulled her closer to him. Matthew rested his head on top of hers breathing in her scent slowly befpre gently kissing the the top of her head. "You have no idea how much you mean to me." He whispered quietly to her, forgetting about the crowd of shoppers, or the fact that Jessica was waiting. He finally had Jenny in his arms and the thing was he didn't feel any guilt about it. He didn't care what anyone would think about him and Jenny. She was all the mattered to him.

Jenny smiled as Matthew told her that she had no idea what she meant to him. She didn't want to admit it but she was sure that she did know because how could you kiss someone like that and not know what they felt about you. She kissed his cheek gently and smiled. "I think you do know what you mean to me," she teased softly, before letting out a soft sigh. She put her hand on his cheek and smiled. "Best day ever," she said between giving him soft kisses on his lips.

Jenny put a hand on Matthew's cheek and ran her thumb over it softly. She couldn't believe that for a long time they had thought of each other as friends. God they had been wrong because this was complete and utter perfection. When Sir Thomas More said that Utopia was a fictional island, he was wrong. Or in this moment she felt he was because she had not ever been happier in her life and she knew it was just because the Reeds moved to the tiny country of New Zealand. At this moment this was Utopia.

"Best day ever," Those three short words really summed up everything. Matthew couldn't think of a time where he was happier. Nor could he think of a time that he ever cared so much about one person. The fact that this all happened in the one day really made it deserve the title. Matt turned his face into the palm of Jenny's hand that was resting on his cheek and kissed it before breaking into a rather large smile. He smiled at her and even though it was just a simple gesture, that one smile showed everything: how he felt about Jenny, how he felt right there and then and how he would never ever mess this up. His hands moved up to her ribs as he leaned in once more to kiss her. Their lips fitted perfectly with each other, like it was faith, like everything else that had happened that day. Running into Jenny? Finally being able to tell her how he felt about her? Was it all just coincidence or was it more? He pulled away slowly but pecked her lips a couple of times playfully before completely pulling away, "Lucky we ran into each other today..eh?" He whispered to her humourously.

[Awh Louise is so cute and I'm such a dork]

Jenny's cheeks flushed as Matthew kissed the palm of her hand and she smiled shyly at him, knowing all too well that what she had imagined happening between them was never this good. Her stomach flipped as he leaned closer to her again, his hands sliding up her slim figure. She could feel her heart turn to butter as their lips touched once more. She giggled as the pecked at one another's lips before they pulled away from one another completely. "It's lucky you can point me out from a crowd," she teased quietly.

Matthew chuckled softly, "Hmm...lucky me." He raised an eyebrow playfully, leaving a handsome expression on his face. Matthew felt that he really was lucky, he now shared this wonderful thing with Jenny. Jenny! A girl that he really didn't deserve especially how he had treated her over the Winter holidays. Whilst twirling a strand of her soft blonde hair a vibration occured in the back pocket of his jeans followed by the loud ringing of his muggle mobile phone. Matthew sighed impatiently, he didn't really want to take but knew that it could be something important. "Sorry..." He mumbled to Jenny quietly before reaching into his pocket and pulled out the phone, "Its Jess..." Matthew announced just remembering he was supposed to be meeting up with her. "I better take this." He added quickly, his blue eyes flicking up at Jenny as he put the phone to his ear.

"Hey." He said simply, "Where the hell are you?" "Eh.." He began looking away from Jenny, to the street that was becoming more and more deserted. "I'm on my way.." he said with great disappointment, he knew that this would be his only chance to see his sister. But it would also be his only chance to see Jenny. "I..eh I got a little sidetracked." He said turning back to Jenny again with a small smile. "Yeah well I don't have all day, so get your butt back on track and get over here" and with that she had hung up. Flipping his phone down slowly he sighed. "I had arranged to meet up with Jess today. I really don't want to leave you though.." He said and took her hand gently. How things had changed in just a short amount of time, Matthew was dying to go and see Jess earlier that and was trying to avoid Jenny at all costs and now, he wanted to be with no one else but Jenny.

Jenny laughed quietly with Matthew, that hadn't been exactly what she had meant. She felt like she was the truly lucky one so she kissed his cheek. As he twirled her blonde hair, she blushed softly before she heard a cell phone ring and she thought it was hers for a second before remembering that she had it turned off and in her trunk at school. "No worry," she said as she played with his hair absentmindedly but she pulled away from him as he said it was Jess.

Jenn knew that her best friend knew what she felt when it came to Matthew, but she wasn't a hundred percent if she would be pleased to see them together, not that she really cared, she was too happy to really care what other people cared, well maybe other then Matthew and possibly Sam, who despite everything, she cared very much about his opinion.

Jenny listened to Matt and she frowned to herself as he said that he was going to go somewhere else. This was the only chance that they would get to see one another and she wanted to take complete use of that time. As he looked over to her, she couldn't help but smile at him.

"Good, I don't want to leave either," Jenny said with an affectionate grin as their hands linked together. "Where are we going?" she asked curiously as she squeezed Matthew's hand lightly.

Matthew laughed lightly, "Well I guess it's settled then. I'm not meeting up with Jess." He would let her know his decision in a couple of minutes but right now he just wanted to be with Jenny. He swung their linked hands slightly as he walked up the now empty street. "I'm sure she won't mind though.." He continued, but once he heard what he had said he began to think. Would Jess mind? What would she think of this? Of course, Jess's opinion on himself and Jenny wouldn't really make a difference. What himself and Jenny had was too special to be wasted because of his sister's opinion. "Would she?" Matthew asked as he looked down at Jenny. Although Jess was his sister, Jenny was her best friend. She might have a better idea of what Jess would think of them then he would.

Jenny chewed down on her bottom lip while smiling cutely at Matthew. "Jess sounds like she is going to open up a can of whoop ass on you. Perhaps we should both go and see her?" she suggested, hoping that he wouldn't mind that she had overheard what Jess had said to him, it wasn't as if she had meant to listen in. The way she had said 'we' was not lost on Jennifer Wilkonson. The two were finally together and she felt as if this was the most natural thing in the world, in fact she was sure it was. "No, I don't think so," Jenny answered honestly. Her best friend had known about her feelings for Matthew and she seemed content with that, but what if that was only because Matt had been dating someone else at the time and she thought it would never happen. What if she got mad at her for liking Matthew?

Suddenly, Jenny's confidence felt shattered at the thought of seeing her best friend. "We like each other, it doesn't matter what Jess thinks anyway," she thought aloud, but looking to Matthew to see if she was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back