Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 13 3/8" Core of Basilisk Fang and Venom with a special handle
Fenrir had been acting strangely. Aleyha sighed and she set him down, but to her surprise, he slithered off in a rush. Aleyha's head cocked to the side, but she walked ahead trying to keep up with her snake. Her new necklace fit perfectly around her neck. Something Theodore had given her, and she adored it. Of course, he had to know that she loved snakes. She was in fact a Parselmouth. Aleyha thought that the dungeons were awfully quiet today. Her thoughts ran rapid in her mind, until Fenrir was getting too far ahead of her than she thought was a safe distance. "Fenrir! Get back here!" The snake did not listen though. He kept on. But it wasn't until he stopped in front of an older girl. Aleyha skid to a stop, and heard him hiss, "I smell similar blood..." Aleyha thought that he would be lying, but that is when she realized. Fenrir did not let anyone around him, except those kin to her.

Cassandra had spending yet another lonely day wandering about the dungeons. She wasn't exactly social, tired of aimlessly wandering she had started a map, about the same time she had broken up with Josiah. Whenever she didn't have classes she was usually down here, always marking new places to hide things or herself in. Marking which areas were dangerous and whatnot. But today she was simply biding her time. She didn't have the time nor the patience to work with the map and although she had a small mountain of homework she couldn't go to the library for some books to use to study. Josiah worked on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Days that Cassandra now was never seen on the entire fourth floor.

She was about to head out to the quidditch pitch for an afternoon fly when a long green snake slithered up to her. It stared her right in the eyes and it was the slightest bit unnerving, not that it was a snake. She just wasn't used to much eye contact. She heard a hiss from farther away and the snake infront of her responded to it. To her surprise it was a tiny blonde girl hissing at it, Parselmouth. she thought, a bit envious at that moment. She looked down at the snake again, then up to the girl. The snake was regal looking and absolutely beautiful, it seemed pretty smart too. "You have excellent taste in snakes." she commented, deciding not to say anything about the Parselmouth ability she had not been graced with.

Aleyha narrowed her eyes at the girl, but approached her nonetheless. Aleyha bent down to pick up the snake, and Fenrir wrapped around her neck naturally. Her slytherin outfit graced her body, and she continued to stare at the older girl with her blood-red eyes. Something seemed off about this older Slytherin. Aleyha nodded, "Um, thanks." Aleyha continued, "His name is Fenrir. And I'm Aleyha Devearux." Aleyha didn't smile, just because something here was just not right. This girl made Aleyha nervous, in a bad way. Aleyha sighed and she inquired, "Who are you?"

Cassandra watched as the smaller girl approached her cautiously, when she got closer she noticed the girls eyes were a deep blood red. Something that interested Cassandra rather than give her the chills as it would weaker minded people. Pairing this with her impossibly light hair and skin Cassandra assumed she was albino. The girls mouth opened and this time it was English that escaped, rather than the hissing that had been heard mere moments before. Unneeded thanks, a slightly wary introduction, and an inquiry as to her Identity.

It didn't take Cassandra long to size up the situation. The girls snake took a liking to Cassandra and the girl, Aleyha as she introduced herself, was wondering why. It seemed the snake didn't take to just anybody, of course not. Snakes weren't known for being teddy bears after all. Not wasting any time she quickly responded to the tiny blonde. "Hello Aleyha, I'm Cassandra Nott." Cassandra answered calmly, making no movement closer to or away from the girl and her beautiful snake, now draped around her neck.

Aleyha could not get over this weird feeling. And the fact that Fenrir took an immediate like to her, that was just weird. And what he said. Similar blood. Were they related? Aleyha acknowledged the older girl's name, but because she was only around the Zhefarovich's for their pure-blood line, she did not recognize the Nott name. "Lovely to meet you then," Though her words may not have been sincere, but her eyes spelled confusion. Fenrir liked her immediately, and yet, she was a complete stranger. Not seen around the school, whereas Aleyha was getting well-known. After a moment of silence, Aleyha asked, "By any chance, are you a pure-blood or descended from them?"

"Likewise." she responded with a nod, her voice not showing sincerity but not dislike either. simply a voice that was used for people she didn't have an opinion on yet. Slightly monotone but not enough to offend most, not that she would really care about offending most people anyways. But someone with the gift of parselmouth got a bit of respect for getting lucky in the gene pool. Plus it pretty much automatically meant she wasn't a muggle born seeing as the gift was passed genetically from wizarding folk.

When asked point blank if her blood was pure Cassandra got a small wave of nostalgia. That reminded herself of her at around that age, the girl couldn't be any older than thirteen. Cassandra had been fiercely proud of her family and had flaunted it before coming to HNZ to fly under the radar. Feeling her inner pride swell up she said, "Yes I am, I assume by your curiousity that you are too...?" she trailed off before ending, "Though the Devearux name isn't a familiar one if that's the case." she ended, speaking more to herself than Aleyha, but not quite low enough to be considered murmuring.

OOC: Okay, I had the reply typed out for a few days, and thought I replied, but I guess not. XD

Aleyha shook her head, “I am not pure-blood, but I have descended from them. The Devearux’s are a disgrace, and when I get old enough, I will be glad to have gotten rid of my name.” Aleyha was getting married to a Snow, so that wouldn’t bother her much. After all, she liked Theodore. A lot. Aleyha barely had any muggle blood in her, and it came from her mother’s side, her real mother’s. Though she had no idea how far back it went though. Aleyha narrowed her eyes at Cassandra and she inquired, “Are you related to the Zhefarovich’s by any chance? You kind of have their characteristics… Even the eyes, but yours are a little lighter.” Aleyha shifted uncomfortably, yet being in Cassandra’s presence, it gave her a sense of security.

Cassandra stood infront of the girl, towering over her at least a foot. She was silent as the younger one talked, watching her gaze, it was unwary. She had never really caused people around her to be comfortable. Her appearance, the icy edge to her tone, and eyes that seemed to be piercing your skull with their gaze even though they seemed to have gotten even lighter during her time with Josiah. Those things with her elevated height made people tend to stray from her. Both of her parents oozed charisma and she often wondered why she didn't seem to pick that up.

Cassandra nodded, "A disgrace you say? Well that really is a shame, to have proud pure blood roots tainted by a filthy name." she said, feeling a bit sorry for the girl, though there wasn't pity in her voice. She was fortunate to have the Nott name rather than the Crabbe one of her mother, they were almost laughing stocks amongst the pure bloods. Though neither had produced a squib in atleast seven generations, and the Notts had no known blood traitors. Which was another thing to be proud of, if Cassandra had ever decided to go flaunting again that is, which she wouldn't. It only brought trouble to yourself in the end.

When asked if she was a descendant of the mighty Zhefarovich family Cassandra shook her head. "No Zhefarovich blood runs through my veins, well, not close enough to trace anyways. But I do respect the family either way." she answered "My eyes weren't always this light... They change, it's odd but I haven't really thought anything of it." she added, not knowing how this information tied her in even closer to the typical Zhefarovich descendant. Only her long raven colored tresses set her apart from a perfect description of what a Zhefarovich should physically be.

Aleyha nodded, “I hate the woman who adopted me as a child. When she died, I danced in the rain I was so happy.” Aleyha shrugged, but soon she wouldn’t care. She wanted to have the Zhefarovich last name, but that could not be changed right now. Not unless she found out whether or not Prodan is her real dad. She was almost positive it wasn’t. He seemed too nice to be her dad. Aleyha sighed silently. Aleyha felt a little disappointed that Cassandra was not in relation, but when she said the last part, it helped with her suspicions. “If your eyes change and get darker depending on the light or attitude, then you might be. But, I don’t know.” Aleyha would have really been shocked if this girl had the eye trait, and blonde hair, but she didn’t. Then again, Asparuh’s father had black hair.

To most that statement probably would have set off alarms in their mind but Cassandra just nodded, she didn't hate her own parents but saw how it would definitely be possible. When told about the eyes bit tying into the Zhefarovich family Cassandra gave a small shrug. "I don't know if they change with any certain attitude or lighting. I've never really paid too much attention to it." she answered nonchalantly, "Do they look dark down here? I'm curious now..." she said looking at the girls ruby eyes, not knowing that her eyes were actually not the light melted silver they usually were in normal light but a stormy tone, mirroring her cousin Hades's orbs due to the darker dungeon lighting. Made to look even darker due to her skin, which was nearly as pale as the albinos.

Aleyha figured as much. Those who had the trait usually did not notice it unless someone else points it out to them. Someone just could not feel their eyes changing colors. It was just impossible. Aleyha shrugged, “I don’t think you can notice it without watching in a mirror all the time. It is because of other’s observations.” Aleyha then did as Cassandra said, without even thinking which was odd and unusual for Aleyha. Aleyha narrowed her eyes, staring into those ever familiar stormy orbs. Aleyha’s eyes widened, and she muttered, “You…you… You look like um, my cousin, Hades! Those dark eyes. Stormy.” Aleyha wished she had a mirror to show the girl but she didn’t. She was not like a girly girl that carried around such items. “Um, that makes me wonder. I have one person to confirm this. You know Professor Styx, right?” If someone that could answer questions, it was him. Even though this could just be a childish perception, but still. Aleyha was way too pumped for this girl to be one of her relatives. She seemed to be much more worthy than her other ones.

Cassandra nodded at Aleyhas statement as this was very true. One couldn't very feel the color of their eyes changing, how could you? It was impossible, something they both knew. But Cassandra didn't carry a mirror with her and something told her that the girl infront of her was not so vain as to keep one with her at all times either, so she didn't bother asking when the girl reacted the way she did. Normally she wouldn't have went on the girls word alone but the look on her face made it clear she wasn't lying. Twelve year olds weren't exactly the best of liars anyways. Cassandra personally thought this whole thing was a bit of a long shot, bump into a random girl in the dungeons whos your long lost cousin or something? Very unlikely. "Erm... I know him as well as a student knows a professor I suppose." she answered flatly, not knowing how Professor Styx tied into this sudden web. Laughing inside at the irony of her answer when she had gotten to know a certain staff member very well.

Aleyha knew it was a long shot, and she laughed, "Oh um, he is my uncle. Or I think he is. Well, he is the Head of the Zhefarovich family. He should have a copy of the real family tree because of the whole him being a Head." Aleyha reached out and grabbed Cassandra by the hand. "Let's go to his office, and see for ourselves." Aleyha did not give Cassandra much of an option, but it still had to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back