Sending letters.

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa walked up the steps to the owlery, her parchment, quill, and ink in hand. She needed to send her family a letter and Kat needed to send some letters too. Rhyspa had only come because Kat asked her to; she would have done it for any friend if they asked. Rhyspa didn't know what to write about to her family. As she entered the room with all the owls, she called for her Snowy Owl, Seana.

"Seana," Rhyspa cooed. "Come here my darling." She saw Seana's snowy white body flying gracefully towards her. The owl landed on her outstretched arm. "Here you go," Rhyspa said, handing her one of the owl treats they had in the owlery.

Kat had made her way up to the girls dormitory to get some parchment, ink and quill. She then slowly walked down across the grounds to the owlery, tears still pooled in her bright blue eyes, but no longer flowing down her pink tinged cheeks. Kat walked up the steps of the owlery, her letter supplies in her right hand and a few owl treats in her left. She saw the Rhyspa was alread there and cracked a small smile saying, "Let's just get this over with. The sooner I get this done, the faster I can begin getting over him."

She sat down on the ground and looked around to find Lavender, her snowy owl, and spotted her sleeping up in a corner. "Lavender, come here pretty girl. I have a treat for you." Laveneder slowly roused and flew down and perched on Kat's knee. After a few gentle nudges with her beak against her owner's arm, Kat gave her bird a few treats and stroked her head gently.

Rhyspa smiled at Kat, "Do you want to write your letter first?" Rhyspa didn't know what Kat wanted to write, and they had plenty of time.

Kat thought about it and then replied, "No. You can go ahead and wirte your's to your family. I need to carefully think about what I need to write. I'll do that while you're writing yours." She began to ponder on what she would write to Makato. Though she didn't want to be mean, she wanted him to feel as miserable as she had for the last few months.

"Alright," she said. Rhyspa picked up a peice of parchment and dipped her quill in the inkpot. As she wrote the first line, Rhyspa's words flowed more freely. She wrote about her becoming a prefect, her regular class, and her electives. She told her family how much she missed them and asked her mother how her job at the Ministry was going. Rhyspa finished up the letter, sending her love to her family.

"Your turn," she said to Kat.

((I'll post the letter later on))

((okies thats cool))

Kat watched as Rhyspa practically flew through writing her letter and before she knew it, it was time for her to write hers. She took a deep breath as she dipped her quill in the ink well and put it to the paper and began writing.

Makato

I'm not really sure how to start this.  This is a hard letter for me to write, but I have to so that I can start moving on and have some sort of closure for myself.  You left so suddenly at the end of last term that I didn't really have time to let the fact that you wouldn't be around anymore settle in.  You promised you'd write, at least just to let me know that you were okay, but not one word from you.  You told me that you loved me, but I don't believe that.  You don't let the ones you love sit and wonder where you are or if you're safe.  That's not fair to me and I thought you would have understood that.  I guess the point is, I have to let you go so that I can get over you.  That's only fair to me.  I don't want to care for you anymore (though I know that will take a little bit longer), but this is a start.  I don't know where you are or if you're even alive, but I hope that this letter finds you.

Kat

<i></i>

Tears flowed steadily down Kat's cheeks, but she knew that she was doing what was best for her. For once she was going to take care of herself instead of trying to please everyone else. She sniffed and then looked at Rhyspa and said, "Well here it is. What do you think?" Kat handed the letter to her friend and waited to see what her thoughts on it were.

Rhyspa picked up Katalina's letter and read it. It really showed how Kat felt about the situation with Makato. She really didn't know how to deal with this situation, but she was doing what she thoght was best for her friend.

She looked over to Kat, to see tears streaming down her face. Rhyspa gave a comforting and encouraging smile as she said, "Kat, this is great. I hope he writes you back." Rhyspa rubbed Kat's back to comfort her. "You will get through this, Katalina Vanderhol. You are a Gryffindor. You are strong."

Kat sat there quietly while Rhyspa read through the letter. She gaev a weak, but genuine smile when her friend told her that she'd pull through because she was a Gryffindor. She looked at Ryhspa and said, "I sure hope so. And I hope it's a quick recovery time." Kat was already starting to feel somewhat better. Maybe this was just what she had been needing. Though she knew that it would honestly be a little bit before she felt completely better.

"You need a butterbeer, kiddo," Rhyspa said. "Too bad we can't go down to Brightstone village. It's not time for it yet." Rhyspa thought of other things they could do, but none came to mind. They could wait for a little while for responses, but that could take days.

Kat folded up the letter and wrote Makato's name on the front. She then called Lavender back over to her, tied the letter to her leg and said to her bird, "Makato Scry." She then turned to Rhyspa and said, "A butterbeer sounds wonderful, though I'm not really sure where to get one." Kat sat back down beside her friend. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the cold stone wall.

She sat there like that for a few moments, trying to clear her mind of all thoughts, but not being very successful she looked up and turned to Rhyspa and said, "We could head off to the sorority and grab some drinks and snacks there."

Rhyspa smiled, "That's a great idea Kat!" Rhyspa hadn't visited the Sorority since school had started, she had been very busy with her classes. "I'll bet there are some pumpkin pastey's in the fridge," she said.

"Mmm!! Pumpkin pastey's sound so good right now. I'm starving." Kat said giving a small smile, she hadn't had much of an appetite over the last few weeks and a butterbeer and a pumpkin pastey sounded like just the thing at the moment. "Now I just have to pry myself up off of this cold hard floor!" she added actually giggling a little bit. Wow I haven't laughed in a while! It's okay Kat, you can laugh now and smile and anything else that you want to do! she thought to herself. She then looked to Rhyspa and said, "Ya know, I feel like i've had the biggest weight just lifted off of my shoulders. Feels kinda good! Thanks for doing this with me, I really don't think I could have pulled together the courage to do by myself."

Rhyspa laughed with Kat, she stopped her laughing gradually after recieving several hoots and rude looks from the owls. "I think we disturbed them," Rhyspa whispered, then began giggling even more. She gave Kat a genuine smile when she said thanks. "It's not a problem, just know I'm here for anything! Be it tears, laughter, fears, or fun; I'm game for it all!"

Kat looked up at the owls and said jokingly, "Well excuse us!" She chuckled before looking at Rhyspa and saying, "Same here, you're my best friend!" She gave her friend a big smile and then turned to look out the window. It was getting dusky and chilly out. "Probably better head in before we freeze to death out here. I'll come back tomorrow and see if I have any response, though i'm not getting my hopes up." Kat stood up and dusted herself off before holding out her hand to help Rhyspa up.

Rhyspa grinned at Kat,"You're my best friend too." She took Kat's hand and got herself off the dirty Owlery floor. She held her arm out to Kat and said, "Shall we?"

Kat looped her arm through Rhyspa's and said, "Let's!" With that they took off up to the castle arm in arm.

((sorry for the minor godmod and do you want to start the thread in the sorority or do you want me too?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back