Seeking Help

Logan Vacarius

Saint Mungo's Healer / Psychiatrist (In Training)
OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 12" Unyielding Cedar Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Logan Vacarius found himself in the library, with his Gryffindor robes hanging loosely on his thin body. Dark circles decorated his eyes, and he looked as though he had not slept in weeks, which was somewhat true. He was surviving on small naps because he did not want to cause distress to his friends when he had the night terrors. He could not handle more of that on him. Logan sighed as he found his way to where Daniel, the school counselor was located. He promised his Head of House that he would find some help, and speaking to the counselor was something. Logan felt as though he was going to regret this. He sat down on the chair before taking a pencil and throwing it at the door, and it was enough to make a small sound. He hoped that Daniel was here, otherwise, he would have just wasted time getting dressed for no reason. Logan bowed his head, wondering what Ailsa was doing right now. He told her that he was finally seeking professional help, but that meant that he would have less time with people in general.

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Daniel had been going for another walk through the school as he usually did, having small conversations here and there. He had been advised to keep an eye out for a certain couple of students - not that he needed to be told. He was here for a purpose, after all, and knew full well of the trouble some students had been going through. He had a cup of warm coffee in his hand and sipped away at it as he approached his office in the back of the library, and spotted the young Gryffindor that had been causing some concern to everyone, of late. He was glad to see him here. He smiled at Logan warmly, and sat down at a nearby chair in order to speak with him on more level grounds. He was a rather tall man, after all, and there was no sense in having Logan need to crane his neck.

"Afternoon, Logan," he greeted kindly. "I'm Daniel, if you didn't already know. Do you want something to drink? Water?"​

Logan looked up as the man known as Daniel Clairoux came in and sat down, before him, greeting him warmly. Logan shook his head at the offer, knowing that he would not have accepted it either way. He didn't feel up to drinking, but this man was a stranger. He didn't know if he wanted to talk about what happened to him. Logan sighed, before he stated softly, "Apparently, I have post trauma, or something. And I was told that I needed to seek help." He certainly was not lying. He needed help. Logan just did not know if he wanted to put his trust into this man. Felix and Lucius, on the other hand, he wanted to go to, but Daniel was trained for this sort of thing.

Daniel nodded as he spoke. It was a shame that it had taken this long for him to seek help - and had to be told to find it. Daniel couldn't just go about swarming students that needed help and guidance, unfortunately, and so he often had to just hope that they would find themselves here, or find someone to put their trust into. "Well, I'm glad you're here, Logan." The poor thing had had a rough time here at school. "I want you to know that everything you say to me is between us unless you otherwise wish it, and if anything does need to be told to another person, you will know about it beforehand. You're in a safe place here, do you understand?"

Logan fiddled with his hands, and looked down at them. Despite the counselor saying that everything will be between them, Logan somehow could not find the words he needed to speak. He did not know this guy. He was not there through his episodes. He didn't trust him. Logan sighed, before he said, "I figured that everything said here would be safely undisclosed but..." Logan started before he forced his speech back into his mind so figure it out. He did not want to talk to him. He finally looked up at the counselor, and forced a small smile, "Mr. Clairoux, I just don't feel comfortable talking to you about these things. Would it be okay if you extended this, and tell my Head of House that I want to talk to the nurses. They've been there with me, and I really trust Felix and Lucius." He did not want to hurt Daniel's feelings that Logan did not want to be here. But he felt more comfortable with Felix and Lucius.

Daniel began nodding immediately. Whilst he was here to hear them out, his ego wasn't at all harmed (nor did it need to be stroked), and he was much happier knowing that Logan was talking to someone. The nurses would have some semblance of training, anyway, as often physical ailments could be helped along faster if the mind was healthy, too. "That's completely fine, and understandable," Daniel replied, still smiling at the young man kindly. "If you trust the nurses, you should definitely go see them. I'm sure they'd be all too happy to help you."
<i></i>

It seemed like the counselor was understanding, and that much Logan was truly grateful for. He gave him a small, genuine, which was somewhat rare on him. Logan finally spoke, after he got on his feet so that he could head to see the nurses. They would help him more than anyone. "Thanks so much. I'll see you around, maybe." He shrugged his shoulders since he did not know if he would or not. Bowing his head slightly, Logan walked out of the area, knowing that this was just the first step to recovery.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back