Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay (Blake)
Wand
Almond Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lars had seen many portraits and landscapes on the walls of Hogwarts, and many had inspired him in his own art. But there was one on the fifth floor in a very unique style that definitely stayed with him. But more than that, he had enjoyed talking to the painting. He was hoping to spot her again today, but couldn't remember exactly where the portrait was. He walked up and down the fifth floor corridor, looking left and right at the walls as he did.

"Are you lost?" Ryan asked. He'd been watching the prefect for a little while from his spot at the foot of a suit of armor trying to figure out if maybe he was doing the same thing Ryan was. It'd make more sense than a lost prefect, that was for sure. "If you're looking for passages, I already checked all of those."

Lars looked down as he heard a nearby voice. It was a younger boy, and Lars slowed down as it became clear he was talking to him. "Uh." He said, scratching his neck. "I'm not lost. And I'm not looking for passages." He said slowly. "I was looking for a painting, a specific one."

"Oh,"Ryan sad flatly, disappointed when the prefect announced that he wasn't actually looking for secret passages. But, he was still looking for something, something that sounded a bit easier than passages right, since Ryan wasn't having much luck. "Which painting? I've been working on a map of the school I might know it," He said, standing up and brushing some cobwebs from his hair. Paintings weren't the best reference points, but when it was that or windows and moving staircases, it was better than nothing.

Lars almost felt a bit bad when he saw how disappointed the boy was, but it wasn't like he could lie. He hesitated when the boy asked which painting. "It's... a lady, mostly made with blue paint." He said, shrugging a bit. "The style is a bit... impressionist?" He said, frowning. "Or post-impressionist, I suppose." He added, then realized the boy probably had no idea what he was talking about. "She's nice." He added a little awkwardly.

Ryan scrunched up his face, trying to remember a painting like the one the prefect was describing. "Does she have like a kinda gold frame? I think I know that one," He said, vaguely remembering a blue portrait complaining when he and his friends had tried to move her once. "I don't think she's hiding any passages but there's definitely something where in that part of the hallway," He said, motioning to the prefect to follow him.

Lars nodded as the boy talked about the frame. "I think so." He said, smiling a bit. "Thanks." He added as the boy started to show him the way. He followed him, looking around as he did so. "I don't think many people pay attention to the portraits, honestly." He said quietly. "Lucky that I ran into an observant person."

Ryan nodded, trying to keep an eye on which portraits they were passing so he'd know when to stop. "I've been trying to make a map of the school. Like a proper one. It's harder than you'd think. Things keep changing," He said, pausing to inspect a portrait of an older sleeping witch. She was wearing blue robes, but Ryan didn't think it was the one either of them were thinking of so he moved on.

Lars looked down at the younger boy in surprise as he spoke about wanting to make a map. "I can imagine so." He said, pondering it. "It would also be difficult because there's hidden rooms and stuff, right?" He asked, trying to picture making a map of the castle. "Why are you making one?" He glanced at the portrait the younger boy paused in front of, but it wasn't who he was looking for. Apparently he didn't need to say so, because he moved on and Lars followed.

Ryan was rather pleased the prefect was following him without any questions, it wasn't often that his expertise was accepted whole cloth, especially from older kids. Or specifically Nicole. "It is, but that's why I want to make one. Someone has to find all of them," He said resolutely, slowing down when he spotted a trail of ants heading into a suspicious crack in the wall. He'd have to check that later. "I think the portrait you want is just down here, right?" Ryan said, motioning a bit further down the corridor where he remembered the weird framed portrait being.

Blue had been having a lazy day for once, lounging idly in her frame and enjoying the sunlight across the corridor while she could. It got so dismally dark over the winter, with the castle empty and the daylight often hampered by clouds and short days. She was almost dozing when she heard nearby chatter, happy to listen to the sounds of life from having students back at the castle.

Lars couldn't help the slightly amused smile at the boy's confidence. "Someone has to, so why not you?" He asked him, wondering if that was what he meant. He followed the boy's gaze and smiled at the sight of the painting he had been looking for. He looked back down at the small boy and hesitantly patted his shoulder. "Yes, it is. Thank you for helping me." He said quietly. Then he headed over to the Blue Lady, giving her a shy smile. "Hello." He said, waving. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Exactly," Ryan said simply, pleased that the prefect understood. He was even more pleased that he'd gotten the right portrait. It had to count for something that he was able to show a prefect around the castle already. "Why'd you wanna find this one, anyway?" He asked curiously, peering at the portrait as she perked when the prefect addressed her.

Blue looked up when one of the students addressed her, smiling when she recognized Lars. Her smile faltered when she also vaguely recognized the younger boy with him who'd caused some trouble for her in the past and she hoped he'd keep his hands to himself today. Blue was rather fond of Ravenclaws usually, but there were always a few exceptions. "Hello, Lars," She said brightly. "I'm always happy to have a chat."

Lars smiled at the boy, though the question he asked was a little rude and he rather hoped Blue hadn't heard it. "She's nice." He said quietly. "She's my friend." he then looked at the portrait again, his smile a little shy. He hoped he hadn't been presumptuous to call her a friend. "Sorry it's been a little while, the fifth year is a pretty busy one." He said apologetically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back