Seeing is Believing

Maddie shrugged, not knowing what to attempt to say. She pointed to herself, and brought her hand from her neck to her mouth, indicating her breathing. She waved her hands around again, feeling stupid, and went back to the surface for more air. Above the water she rubbed her eyes. Normally she couldn't stand it, but today was different.

Sam walked by the Lakefront clearing his head of all thoughts. The lake seemed a good place to lose them. Though he was slightly disappointed when he spotted two girls in the water. One he vaguely recognised the other not so much. They seemed to be talking to something other than themselves? Sam walked briskly over to them. When he saw a creature of sorts. Sam stood gobsmacked when he realised what it was.

Maddie looked over to the side of the lake, a saw someone new. She smiled. "Hi" she said, before returning under the water.

Storm chuckled slightly at Maddie before realizing another human had approached, a boy this time. He swam past Maddie and indicated for her to follow. Storm leapt up from the water, showing the boy in it.
He fell back in and swam in a circle before resurfacing to see if he had gotten the boy.

Larissa raced towards the surface so fast that when she broke it she flew from the water and hit the grass with a THUD.

Maddie followed storm, and burst out laughing when he tried to splash him, almost choking herself. She exposed herself to oxygen, and waited to see what the boy would do, and if he had been targeted succesfully. She felt somthing flow past her, and watched as the Sltherin flew past her and landed back on land.

Sam watched with a confused expression at the merman as he lept in the air. He got splashed more drenched as the merman jumped in the air. Sam jumped back instinctively. He then said in a dazed expression. "Sam Prince."

(OOC: btw beth on thurs after school i got fotbal match..im only takin part cz ma friend wud b on her own tho lol)

Maddie smiled again at sam. "Nice to meet you, I'm Maddie" she said. She noticed he was surprized by the merman. "Are you alright?" she asked, try not to laugh at his dripping hair.

Storm chuckled, knowing the water had got the boy. He swam up closer and put his hands on the shore. He did the same gesture he did to Maddie, trying to get him to come in with them so he could talk. Storm drifted back under the water and waited the see if he came in.

Maddie called up. "Come on! It's not that bad you know!" she said, half-smiling. She party wanted to go back under, but she wanted to be able to talk first.

Larissa crawled along the grass to her feet.
She turned back to look at the others before picking up her shoes and carrying them back up to the castle.

Storm continued to swim under the water, spinning in a circle every now and again, boredly waiting for the humans to come in.

Maddie got out the lake, and wandered over to sam. "Are you coming in or what?" she asked, she looked back to see the merman waiting, and she shivered in the cool breeze. "If you don't ill pull you in anyway" she said grinning.

"Right...yeah..I'm..umm.." Sam said taking off his battered converse. He took off his trousers leaving his boxers. Sam then mumbeled. "Coming..." he said and walked in slowly. Once he was in deep enough he took a deep breath and went under water....

Maddie went back over to the side and jumped in, instantly relieved she was out of the cold. She looked around for Storm. Her blond hair was fanning out behind her and her jeans were becoming heavy again. Damn! she thought, i knew had to get out for somthing, but she left it.

Storm smiled as the boy entered the water.
"Hello, I'm Storm, And you are?" He said in his musical tone.

Ceratus had been cooking happily in the kitchens when word came around, as it always did, that a mermaid...or merman per say had been sighted by the children.
He thought this odd, seeing as though the normally kept to themselves. Though...as more and more kids started talking about it, He thought At least it will give me something to do.

So giving his friends a small wave he stepped back, snapped his fingers, and disappeared.

He appeared on the bank to see students standing near the water and was about to go ask them what was going on before he saw the merman. He was slightly surprised, not because it was a merman, he lived in the castle. Of course he knew there were merpeople in the lake and had even seen some. but not this close to shore.

So, he just stood there wondering what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back