Seeing A Best Friend Again

Hillary Crespo

Hillary smiled as she walked to the lakefront with her guitar over her shoulder. She had finished the friendship bracelet for Eli and had it in her pocket because she knew that she would meet up with her best friend soon.

She tried to find a good spot to sit and play music. She found a spot with a tree to lean against and a good view of the lake. She made her way over to it and sat down when she got there. She decided to play "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. She played through the song happily. It was one of her favorites. But then again, she loved a ton of music. During the song near the beginning, she looked up and saw her best friend walking around. She could tell it was him, even though he wasn't very close to her. Her smile got even brighter and she continued to play.

When she finished, Eli was at the tree.

"Hi, Eli," Hillary said, standing up. "What's up?"

((Sorry for the title, I couldn't think of anything.))

Elijah had been in the full writing swing for a few days. He'd almost finished a whole song. It generally took this amount of time. Eli never rushed his brain when it came to writing. He was very pleased with his song. Elijah was taking a small break and coming outside, he had his guitar and was humming to himself his own song. He had writing all over his body. Classes were the best place to write. He noticed someone sitting at the tree beside the lake. He liked speaking to new people so he headed straight towards them. He noticed that it was Hillary. He hurried up and saw her playing and then heard. As amazing as ever. Elijah waited until she was finished before saying anything.

"Hey Hils." Elijah said smiling at his best friend. "Nothing much. And as wonderful as ever, I really like that song. what have you been up to?"

Elijah took the bracelet from Hillary smiling his thanks. He placed down his guitar and began to try to tie the bracelet to his wrist. Right above most of the chorus Which he had written that morning. He had written more than one Horus but it had been during breakfast that he had come up with lyrics for his chorus he was going to use. He went a little red when he couldn't tie it. He could play a guitar with perfection but he couldn't tie this.

"Can you do this for me? I can't get it." Elijah said a little embarrased. "this is beyond my abilities." Elijah gave a small laugh.

Elijah smiled as she placed it on his wrist. He liked it. It was really very nice and he liked that she had made it for him. Though he wanted it a little tighter. It would make it a little more difficult for him to take it off, and he would be constantly reminded of the friendship they had. Elijah nodded again and more closely inspected the bracelt. Before hugging his best friend. And then suddenly pulling away when he realised what he was doing. Hugging a girl, even a best friend, not his thing yet.

"Hils it's Awesome, thank you so much. In return, I shall play you my new song," Elijah said picking up his guitar and preparing. "I'm sorry if I make a mistake or stop suddenly it's still in the works."

Elijah began to play. It was a soft song wih a melodic major key. It had a strong but hidden beat. Elijah began to sing the lyrics. They were all about how Awesome hogwarts was and how lovely a school iot was, while it also spoke of a boy and a girl and there hogwarts life. The song was what he imagined for him and Hills but he would never say as such. tHe song ended on a perfect candice. It sounded good and finished and not like an 11 year old hufflepuff had written it. But all was possible at hogwarts.

"What do you think?" Eli asked

Hillary smiled as she hugged Eli back, before realizing the awkwardness. Then she felt awkward, as well and her smile showed it but then restored itself.

"It was no problem at all," she said after the song was over. "That was awesome! You should definitely write more songs!"

She had liked the melody and the lyrics. She figured out the story in it. She thought of the same thing that Eli had written it about, but she wouldn't admit that. She had been thinking about him when she wasn't anywhere near him. she had started to develop a huge crush on him. Which she wouldn't be admitting any time soon.

All though he was really liking the song he was in the midst of writing, he was unsure if others would like it. So he was a little nervouse to hear what Hils would think of it. He was glad when she said it was very good. He was glad. Another successful song. That was a good song. He wrote songs often. He just never finished them as he thought they were good but the school had put the inspiritation back into him. He smiled at His best friend, before looking to the lake. He put down the guitar and looked bak to his best friend.

"Okay Hillary, question, Do you like getting wet?" Eli asked smiling at her.

Elijah smiled brightly. Of course if Hils liked water then she wouldn't mind what Elijah was planning on doing. He flexed his hands, before giving a little laugh. He took a seat towards Hillary and lifted her from the ground, before giving his most evil of laughs and running to the lake. He threw her in when he was ankle deep. He knew for a fact the lake got deep quick, so he knew that Hillary would not hit anything. He then began to laugh hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back