OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
John found himself looking forward to school breaks these days. Things between him and Jane had gotten colder and colder over the last years, to the point where they now had separate bedrooms. The fact that his former mistress and the mother of his illegitimate child had died had done nothing to reduce the impact of his past actions. He wondered if it hadn't made things worse. It was probably easier for Jane to hate an alive woman than a dead one. One thing he had worried about was his daughter turning up, with nowhere else to go. He'd still never met Odette, and that was unlikely to change. He couldn't offer her a home, wouldn't, as it meant admitting his past mistakes. But to his relief, no one had come to his door with the 'news' that he had a daughter with no one else to care for her. He had never officially acknowledged her, and while Rebecca had given her his last name, it seemed like she had never officially put him down as her father either. All for the best.

Charlotte was his true daughter, and as of now, his only true child. Matthew was officially not coming back, John knew that even if he did, he would have a hard time accepting him back into the family. His son had always been weaker than he wanted him to be, and the news of his half sister had severed their bond in a way that couldn't be repaired. John had always hoped that Matthew would one day take over the company he'd built. But he should have known Matthew didn't have what it took, as disappointing as it was. Charlotte was really his only choice left, and she seemed to want to do it too, but there was a part of John that was disappointed that he wouldn't leave his legacy to a son. But he also thought it extremely unlikely that he would have any more children. It was time to face reality and invest in Charlotte as his heir. He headed over to his daughter's room and knocked on her door. "Charlotte, I'd like to speak with you."

Charlotte was back at home and what didn't felt the same as usual. No Matthew around and no full table with the four of them. No nice family diners or all. The blonde didn't exactly how to act now, she was still mad at her parents because everyone was lying to her. They thought it was better to not tell anything about what her father did at work or about a half sister that wasn't even wanted. The last thing Charlotte was glad with, but Matthew seemed to be thinking else. Charlotte had no intention of building an relationship with a half sister. He seemed to be wanting to spend more time with Odette than with her, and she was furious about that. And the drama with Diana was something that gave her an headache too, but on the other hand she had got a rose and brought it with her. It stood in her room and it was her favorite colour pink. Someone was trying to make her jealous and she was sure it was Simon. Charlotte really started to see their relationship differently. Perhaps there was more than friends? They were just ment to be. The perfect couple. And she felt happy when being with Simon. There was no one else she wanted to be with or hang out with than him.

Sitting in her room looking outside of the window with a book in front of her she saw how the rain fell down. It wasn't a good day today. But Charlotte heard someone knocking on the door and turned her head around. Than she heard her fathers voice. They had left her a bit because the face of the blonde showed everything. But she couldn't stay mad forever, not at her father. He was her big example always and she was his princess. But it was different than before, since he had broken her trust. The blonde turned her chair around and walked towards the door to open it. Her father wanted to talk to her. Charlotte was curious what it would be. She looked into the face of her dad and walked back to her chair and opened her book trying to be a bit uninterested. '' What do you want to talk about?'' She than asked and looked shortly at her father and than back to her book.

As the door opened, John stepped into the room. It was very pink, the way Charlotte liked it. He had indulged her a lot over the years, and didn't regret that, but she was growing up, and would need to be a bit more serious as she got older. He'd always thought of Matthew as the one he would rely on, and had let Charlotte do whatever she wanted. She had been his princess, but now that she was nearly an adult, something needed to change. John's eyes narrowed when his daughter walked back to her chair and started reading again. This wasn't exactly what he had in mind. "Put your book away. I have important things to discuss and I won't have a discussion with you distracted." He told her sternly. "And if you're angry with me for something, I expect you to talk to me instead of behaving like a child." He added, wondering if that was why she was ignoring him to read. She never used to be this way with him.

Charlotte wanted to let her father know, that she was no Matthew but not stupid. She read her book again and when her father acted all bossy and all Charlotte looked at her father with a frown. Discussion about what? But somehow she was interested. Ofcourse she wanted to know, but she could act a bit more interested than she actual felt and he didn't need to know. She closed her book hard and than looked at her father and put her arms over eachother. '' Discussion? I'm all ears.. I guess. Depends on what it is about.'' She than said confident and could not wait finding out what he wanted from her. Charlotte rolled her eyes for a moment. Behaving like a child? Was he want to lose her too? He should definitly go through with that behavior than. The blonde felt angry, ofcourse she had. '' Fine.'' She than said shortly and bitter. '' And I'm not a child. So don't say that, or I will be angry.'' Charlotte than added. And than put on her smile to listen to her father.

John walked into his daughter's room and took a seat on her bed. A momentary expression of annoyance crosses his face as he takes in the pink sheets and cushions surrounding him. It's hard to remain serious in such an environment. But it's what Charlotte likes, and so it's what Charlotte gets. John was glad Charlotte closed her book. He didn't like getting angry at her. John sighed at her tone. "I know you're not a child. You're nearly an adult, and I'm proud of what you've accomplished. That's why I don't want you to act like a child. Do you have a problem with me we have to discuss first?" He still wasn't sure what to make of her attitude. She didn't seem angry, but more defiant than he had expected. Maybe he had been guilty of picturing the little girl she had been, rather than the young woman she had become. He couldn't lose another child, so he had to tread carefully. "If not, I'd like to discuss your future." He said in a kinder tone.

Charlotte didn't liked her father calling her a child. She was not and she was way better than Matthew for sure. And she would prove that again. She was more than ready for the next year and getting the best grades ever. And now that Odette was gone, she had no idea where the girl would go. But she had heard that she was adopted or something. At least that ment she would never join their family. The blonde turned her chair and listened to her father. She thought about saying something to her dad, perhaps he just had to listen. And she was open and just said what was on her mind. To others too on school, when she did not like someone they could know. But her father was proud of her at least and that made her smile. He had charmed her again, she figured. '' Not specially with you. But did Matthew ever reached out again?'' Charlotte than asked. She had a feeling she already knew what the answer was, but perhaps he would suprise her. '' I just hate it that everything is different. And everybody lied to me.'' Charlotte than said and put her arms over eachother. '' That's all.'' She than said and was ready for discussing her future, she already knew what she wanted and she hoped her father would tell her that. '' But I want to discuss my future.'' Charlotte thought about telling about Simon and what she thought she felt for him, but she first wanted to know what her dad had to tell. She hoped it was good news.

John hadn't spent enough time with Charlotte, that much was clear. He hadn't expected her to still be hung up over what happened with Matthew, and he wondered if she blamed him for it. He would have to turn that around. John sighed heavily. "Unfortunately not." He said, allowing sadness to show on his face to show Charlotte they were both upset about it, that they were on the same side. "Your brother... has behaved selfishly by leaving us. Leaving you." He said softly. "But we can't force him to be in our family. We can only hope he will one day stop rebelling for no good reason." He nodded when she said she hated that things were different and that people had lied. He knew that was partly him. But he didn't regret not telling her about Odette. He only regretted that Matthew had found out. "Charlotte, I may not say it enough, but I'm very proud of you." He started. "Your brother has disappointed me, but you have not. As far as I'm concerned, you're my only other daughter. You know that." He said, not feeling anything about dismissing his first daughter. She was nothing but a mistake, honestly. "I used to have high hopes for Matthew, I wanted him to follow in my footsteps in the company. But he has made it clear that he doesn't want this opportunity." John looked at Charlotte seriously. "But I now see he isn't strong enough for it, even if he had wanted it. But you are, Charlotte. I would like you to take over from me one day."

The blonde listened as her father told her about Matthew. And for one moment she was kind of agreeing with her father again. She hated that her father won her back so quickly. It just went normally. Ofcourse he hadn't reached out to them, she was done with it. '' He is stupid. I'm sure he is spending more time with Odette. I'm glad she is away from the school this year.'' Charlotte than said quickly and frowned. She was really jealous of the attention Odette seemed to be getting from Matthew. He forgot who his REAL sister was. Now she could pretend to be an only child too. When her father said that Matthew had left her, she felt it coming as an icecube, that really was true. She nodded at her father in agreement. The blonde smiled again when he father said he was proud of her, she played with her blonde hair for a moment and looked at her father. '' I am. Who is Odette?'' The blonde than said with a grin. She hoped this would stay that way. But it didn't seemed like her father would look out for Odette soon. Because that would mean she was done with him. Ofcourse her father wanted a man to follow in his footsteps. He choose Matthew over her, she was way more smarter than he was. He was doing photo's and stupid stuff. But her father wanted her to take over. She smiled and better hoped she was not a second choice, she didn't liked that. With Simon she had to be number one too. '' I deserve this. I work hard for it. And I want it.'' The blonde than said to her father and smiled. She hugged him for a moment out of excitement. She got what she wanted and she liked it that way. '' Thanks dad. I won't let you down.'' The blonde than said with a grin. She thought of telling her father about Simon, but perhaps when they were actually dating she would. Now she was just dreaming of it, but she would play it to her hand how she wanted for sure. The first step was taken by telling Diana of the rose. She couldn't wait to return for the drama on Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back