'' Goodmorning everyone.'' Noel than greeted his students with an friendly smile. ''You may recall that I told you to bring your wands with you to class this week,'' Noel started once everyone was seated. '' We will be practicing our first jinx this week. Before we start, I want to remind everyone that there will be no fooling around while your wands are drawn. Ignore that rule and you will find yourself dusting off old books in the library for the entire semester. Good, now that that's out of the way, we can begin! I need a volunteer for a demonstration.'' He smiled as a few hands went up in the air. ''I'll be casting a jinx on you.'' As he thought, some lowered their hands while others seemed more excited. '' You are in good hands. I'll reverse it afterwards, so there is nothing to worry about.'' He picked one of the students who still had their hands raised and called them forward. ''If you could stand facing the class, please, thank you.'' He rolled up his sleeves and continued. ''The Jelly-Legs Jinx does what you would expect it to do. It causes your target's legs to wobble like jelly.'' With a reassuring smile aimed at the student volunteer, Noel raised his wand, waved it and said the incantation. ''Locomotor Wibbly!'' He watched as the volunteer found themselves fighting to keep their balance. Once the class had a moment to take in the effects of the jinx, Noel lifted his wand again to cast the counter-charm. ''Thank you. Five extra points for your house,'' he said, sending the student back to their seat. ''There will be similar opportunities during the semester, so now would be the time to tell me whether you would be comfortable with volunteering or not. Come see me after class if you want to talk about it.''

Prank-jinxes like the Jelly-Legs Jinx and others were almost inevitable at a magic school. Some in this class would likely practice them on others outside of this classroom, so he thought it best to have them practice these kinds of spells in a safe environment instead. Though it would be fun to have a student dust off an entire section of the library. They would without a doubt learn their lesson after two dozen or so books. ''For the rest of the time, I want you to pair up with someone else and practice the Jelly-Legs Jinx. Again, the incantation is Locomotor Wibbly.'' Noel then shared the counter-charm with them so that they could reverse the jinx themselves. ''You may also practice Stupefy and Protego once you've done the Jelly-Legs Jinx a couple of times. Good luck.'' He than walked around the classroom to make sure everything was going safe.

Roleplay the lesson. If you choose to roleplay with each other be sure to include tags! You can also tag @Professor Noel Waldgrave if you like some interaction. I try my best to respond.

Extra credit to the first student who volunteers for the demonstration!

Magne was enjoying his second year so far, it had only been a couple of weeks, but his level of understanding, and not having to constantly ask for people to speak more slowly was making the transition to the new year group easier. His english was far far from perfect but it was at a point now when he felt comfortable having conversations, it was just more stilted. He gathered up what he would need, making sure that he had the homework he’d done from the first week and then headed to his class.

Magne walked into the defence against the dark arts classroom and took his usual spot in the room. His gaze moved to the professor at the front of the classroom as he got started, not that surprised that the focus of the lesson was more on what they’d be doing, but thankfully instead of a lecture they were going to be practicing the spell. He watched as someone volunteered to have the spell done on them and Magne leaned forward to get a closer look at what was being done. With that then the professor then allowed them to get started. He paired up with someone and began practicing the spells back and forth, doing this until the professor let them leave. He got pretty good at the spell once he had figured out how best to pronounce it.

Cyrus was glad he was getting back in the swing of things. So far, he had done pretty well at being more social. He should tell Ruth, he also wondered how she was doing in Slytherin. She had looked fine at a distance at least. Cyrus took his seat in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom and listened as the professor told them they'd learn their first jinx today. Cyrus hesitated before raising his hand to volunteer. He knew he might regret i, and he kind of did regret it the moment he stood in front of the class. He hadn't thought of all those eyes on him and he lowered his gaze. The professor cast a spell and Cyrus yelped as he nearly lost is balance, he struggled to stay upright, eventually grabbing the professor's arm. He flushed, embarrassed. When the spell was reversed, he rushed back to his place. He was definitely never volunteering again.

Unfortunately, they now had to pair up and practice the spell. Cyrus wasn't really keen to experience that again, but he knew he had to. He paired up with Magne and practiced back and forth with him until they both managed the spells. He still felt vaguely wobbly when the lesson was over and he walked out of the classroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back