Second Years Lesson One (Gryffindor & Hufflepuff)

Mallory was both relieved and nervous to be back. Peter was sleeping soundly in the baby rocker by her desk, charmed so that the noise of the students wouldn't disturb him. She had set up the classroom again the way she liked, giving it a quick cleaning that morning before arranging her desk. Amara was curled up with Maxim underneath her large oak desk, fast asleep as well (as if she'd gone and spelled all her little minions to rest, when really it had just been a long night) and all of Mallory’s notes and lesson plans were arranged neatly on the desk itself, turned to face out to the rows of seats so she could sit and still supervise her students while being able to watch her son.

She had decorated the desk with a line of flowers, most of them shorter, creating a small barrier along the edge of the desk that she could still see over. She had taken care getting dressed that morning, her light powder blue robes swishing gently around her feet and her dark mahogany hair pulled back in a braided chignon. Peter was thankfully a calmer baby, dramatic when he wanted to be, but fascinated with watching her to the point where she could get ready for the day.

She rose from her desk as the students filed in, smiling kindly as the last of them settled in their seats. She clapped her hands lightly to get their attention, looking over the fresh young faces of the second years. “Dobroye utro, good morning my dears,” She greeted gently, her Russian accent a more subtle but still there. “My name is Professor Mallory Grayveson, and I’ll be your Professor until fifth year,” She raised a hand, the chalk raising to write out her name in an elegant script behind her. "And for those curious," She smiled. "This is my son, Peter. He'll be joining us for lessons until he's a bit older."

Feeling a little more confident after her first lesson had gone well, her stance was more relaxed as she turned back to her second-year students. “Today's lesson is fairly simple, my dears. We’ll be covering the cleaning charm. Repeat after me; Scourgify." She went over the wand movement and the spell twice, making sure everyone saw. "I have a list here, of the charms we’ll cover this semester. Today, I would like you to go over this chapter and try the charm here in class.

Mallory waved her hand, and dirtied dishes appeared in front of each student. “I am right here, of course, if you have any questions or need any assistance. For extra credit, if you wish, you can write a short essay on the different ways you can use this charm. It doesn’t have to be much, a few paragraphs at least, but do put some thought into it, dears.” She encouraged, smiling warmly at her students as she moved to sit at her desk, the reading list appearing on the board. “I do have paper copies of this list, if you would like to gather one on your way out today,” She added, settling into her seat and smiling as she felt Amara twining around her legs. “My office is open, my dears, from breakfast until dinner every day, so feel free to stop by and see me.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blackboard:
Cleaning Charm
Locking Charm
Unlocking Charm
Repairing Charm
Repelling Charm
Homenum Revelio

~Roleplay the lesson for full marks
~Write a short essay (No more than 100 words) about what a cleaning charm would be good for, to earn yourself 5 additional house points.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back