Second Years, Lesson Four

Landon paced the Greenhouse patiently for his students to arrive. He leaned against the desk with his Mandrake in front of him, and once everyone arrived he began his lesson straight away. "Hey guys! Settle down and we'll check on our Mandrakes." The professor waved his wand and the doors shut. "Retrieve your journal and writing utensils." After his eyes saw every quill, ink, and journal out, he continued, "Your Mandrake is in their shortest stage - Childhood. They tend to giggle more and play games in this stage. They require greater amounts of water, food, and a bit more sun. Now, look at the leaves. They are becoming more flamboyant in not only colour, but texture. They now have more of a velvety texture. Be sure to touch them gently if you wish." Landon's fingers softly traced the leaves of his root. The Mandrake giggled, as expected.

"Now then, I will give you some time to play with your mandrakes. When you are done, remember to give them food and water. Remember how we fed them last lesson to make sure they can reach the food. Once they are full, put them into sunlight so they can soak up some rays. I'll be walking around, looking at your progress, if you have any questions. Once you are finished, you may be dismissed." Landon finished explaining as he started walking around the greenhouse. He surveyed all of his students as they started their recordings and helped a couple of people that needed it, whether it be with finding them a place to keep their mandrake for the night or giving them ideas of what to write in their journals. He rather enjoyed helping his students and smiled and waved goodbye to them at the end of his lesson, glad that the lesson was pretty successful.

-----

Assignment: RP the lesson. Feel free to RP Landon going around and helping your character as well. Don't forget to write your next journal entry too as this is a requirement for full marks.

Violet was halfway through the semester now and she was happy about this. As much as she was excited for classes during the first week, she was definitely not excited for them now and was counting down the days until the completion of the semester. Classes soon became tiring, and also repetitive, and she just hoped the professors had some variety this week as she began heading to her classes.

Violet entered the Herbology greenhouse, not looking forward to seeing her mandrake again. She sat herself beside it as the professor spoke to the class. They wouldn't be doing anything special that lesson, rather just observing their mandrake and feeding it and watering it as they did last time. The only difference was that now their leaves felt a little different. The velvety texture was quite an odd feeling. Violet gave her mandrake some pellets and watered it before moving it to an area that was half shade and half sun. She felt this was the most perfect place for it as she was worried that her mandrake had too much sun over the last week. When she was done with her mandrake and was dismissed, she quickly headed back to the castle.

Violet Owens-Rosemary
Ravenclaw Second Year
Herbology Lesson #4
Diary Entry #3

My mandrake's leaves feel more velvety now which is weird. It is currently in its childhood stage.
I gave it some more food and water. I hope it's being fed more than once a week though...
I thought I gave it too much sun last week so I have moved it into a slightly less sunny spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back