Second Time

Mark Finnigan

Mark breathed in and out, while sitting on his chair at home. He had met Melodie a few days ago and suddenly felt like he knew her for years. The last time he has received Melodie's number and called her the day previous. He asked her if he could come over, or anything. Melodie agreed that he could come over to his apartment. Mark got out of his chair and walked out of his house and apparated to Melodie's apartment. He quickly walked to her door step, knocked on the door and waited impatiently for her to answer the door.

Melodie had hust finished bathing the twins and had begun dressing them when she heard a knock on the front door. She smiled, it must be Mark, she thought to herself. She gingerly placed her boys in their bassinette and walked through the hallway to the front door. She was so happy that Mark had wanted to come and visit her, and had been looking forward to it all day. As she reached the front door she took a deep breath in, put a smile on her face then opened it. "Hello Mark" she said, greeting him with a hug "Come on through"

Mark was very nervous. He had to keep fidgeting his body so that he could stay calm. He took a deep breath as he heard footsteps near the door. He was very happy to see Melodie there. " Hey there." He said smiling, giving her a hug back. " I have a present for you, and for your boys." He laughed, pulling his hands forward to show the flowers that he got for Melodie, and the teddy bears that he bought for the boys. " I just thought it would be cute, and they'd like it." He said smiling.

Melodie's smile beamed as Mark handed over a beautiful bunch of flowers and two little bears for the twins. "You didn't have to!" Melodie exclaimed "Make yourself at home and I'll get these in some water" she said, walking into the kitchen and taking out a vase. Melodie began to fill the vase with cool water as Mark wandered through to the living area. "You could give the boys their bears if you'd like, they're just over in the bassinette" she said motioning towards the corner of the lounge. She finished filling the vase and placed it on the dining table before joining Mark in the living room.

Mark smiled. " I thought it would be a nice surprise." He said happily. " I think that the twins will really like their bears, I made sure that they don't shed." Mark went to the end of the lounge and placed the teddy bears in the twins bassinette. Mark smiled and laughed as he could see the twins looking at the teddy bears as a strange item. He placed one teddy bear in both hands and made as if he were playing with them to entertain the twins. " Their looking as if they like them." He said as Melodie walked near.

"You're so thoughtful!" Melodie replied when Mark added that he made sure the bears wouldn't shed. "You're going to make a great father some day" she added as she walked towards the bassinette and stood next to Mark. The boys began to smile, in turn so did Melodie. Mark was wonderful to them and she was truely grateful for being able to meet him. "I better finish dressing them" Melodie said, remembering she hadn't got their suits on them before Mark had arrived. "Would you like to help?" she asked, looking up at Mark, she had evry faith that he would do fine with her boys.

" I thought the bears would make them happy." He said looking at their smiling faces. " It seems they do like them." He added. " I hope that I'll make a great dad." Mark nodded, most people told him that in the future they could see him as a good dad. " Sure, I'd love to help." Mark said, he was really excited to help Melodie put the twin's outfits on.

Melodie smiled at Mark and handed Aiden to him. She took Lucas and began to put on his tiny blue jumpsuit. She handed over a matching jumpsuit for Mark to put on Aiden. She watched as he changed him, he did a great job "You're a natural" Melodie said, looking over at him. She smiled at her two boys. She didn't know where she would be without them. She loved them so much and there was no way she would ever give them up.

Mark took the jumpsuit that was handed to him, he carefully put the jumpsuit on Aiden. Mark made sure that nothing would bother him, as soon as Aiden was put down. He looked over at Melodie for approval, and placed Aiden back in the bassionette. " They look so much like you." He said smiling. " They're just so adorable." He nodded.

"Thanyou" Melodie said, taking the compliment. It seemed amazing that only a few days ago she had met Mark, yet she felt like she had known him for years. "Thats great" she said, as she looked over at Aiden in his bassinette. She placed the other boy next to him and tucked them in a knitted blanket. Melodie sat down on the lumpy couch and motioned for Mark to join her. She took a breath in and savoured the peace and quiet of the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back