Searching

Lucinda Dalton

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Just as Landon had asked her, Lucy had walked to the Seventh Floor corridor, looking forward to their next adventure. Anything less frightening than breaking in and out of the Restricted Section was, of course, much more pleasant, so whatever it was they were doing, she hoped it didn't involve any espionage action. At least, not too much.
Dressed simply in her Ravenclaw uniform, Lucy brushed her fingers through her long, messy hair, as she leaned against the window and waited for Landon to meet her. It felt like she hadn't seen him in ages, even if they had seen each other in Transfiguration, and spoken occaisionally at meals. Still, she had to miss out on seeing him a lot, considering they were in different houses. She hated how best friends always had to be kept apart. I suppose that makes spending time with them more meaningful, she thought, her lips twitching in to a small smile, as she waited.

Landon had not bothered to change out of his uniform and so rushed from the common room- where he had been doing his homework- and to the corridor.
He spotted the familiar fair haired girl he thought the world of standing where he had asked her.
Landon, trying to look casual and not as flustered as he was- having just rushed an essay on Potions- smoothed down his hair and smiled as he walked to Lucy.
"I should hope you know why I asked you here? Well, have you heard of the Room of Requirement?"
Landon's eyes lit up.

"The Room of Requirement..." she repeated, taking a moment for the recognition to hit. "Oh! Yeah, I've heard stories about it. Apparently people used to know where it was, but now it's nearly impossible to find," she added, biting her lip absently as she thought about it. "Are we going to look for it?" she asked, her eyes lighting up as the realisation hit her. A hunt for the Room of Requirement. Much better than breaking in to the Restricted Section. Of course, Lucy didn't mind what she was doing. As long as she was with Landon, she was happy.

Landon saw that spark in Lucy's eye. That one that cheered him on and made him do dangerous things. He grinned broadly. "Naturally. I thought it might be nice to have a place to hide away from the rest of the world where we could just.. study." Landon turned a little pink.
He had been going to say 'be together' but felt it too intimate conversation for that particular moment.
"Currently I have nothing to go by as to its whereabouts- What I do know is where it used to be." Landon smiled at Lucy and slapped his hand against the hard stone wall.
"I was talking to some older students last year- They told me where it was and how to access it.. But of course that is very little help. I can only suppose it's not here."
Landon heaved a sigh. This adventure was going to be a long one and the task ahead seemed daunting.

"Right then," Landon said, his eyes suddenly bright- after all, it didn't matter if they found the room or not as Landon was getting to spend more time with Lucy. "Shall we start?"

"I like the sound of that," she said with a small smile. Studying, or simply relaxing and hanging out. Lucy didn't mind. She watched as he slapped his palm against the wall, nodding in recognition. She remembered hearing that the Room of Requirement was quite a popular place to go to, and often groups would have meetings there...until one day, it disappeared, having clearly moved on. "I guess it has to be somewhere in the castle," she shrugged. "Cuts it down somewhat, it's not like we have to go out to the gardens or anything," she added, somewhat redundantly.
"Alright, let's go," Lucy agreed, happily. Even if it took all day, even if they didn't find it, at least she was getting to spend time with Landon, and that was all that mattered. She almost felt tempted to take his hand, but she wasn't sure how that would look or how he'd react to that, so she didn't. "Lead the way."

Landon nodded and took out a magnifying glass and a tweed hat which he pulled onto his head.
He had been reading some muggle books and one of his favorites was Sherlock Holmes. He wondered if Lucy would get the 'joke'.
"Right then," Landon said, leading them around the Seventh floor corridor, tapping walls and looking for slight marks which would give him clues. "I strongly doubt that the room will be up here.. I have a feeling that if anything then it will have moved downwards. Surely that would be logical as most people will believe it to have moved upwards.. I wonder if the room chose to move or if it was moved? It would really help if we could gather information on the subject.."
Landon turned to Lucy and smiled. "To the library?"

Lucy burst in to a fit of giggles when Landon took out the tweed hat and magnifying glass. "Elementary, my dear Watson," she managed to splutter out, before calming down slightly. "I have to ask, have you been carrying those around in case such an opportunity arose?" Lucy, of course, being muggle born, got the reference straight away. "Um, tha...that hat suits you," she added, blushing profusely. She had to admit, Landon was cute with or without the hat. "But yeah, why would the room have gone to a tower, where there is less room? Surely it would be in a normal corridor, just like this one, right?" she blurted, not sure if her logic was correct - though in her mind, it was. "The library it is," she agreed, beginning to walk towards the stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back