Searching for my Star

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
It had taken Scorpius a long time to decide on whether or not to do this tonight, but he mentally slapped himself and sucked it up. He stood atop of the North tower in his usual navy blue hoodie, a little past midnight, adjusting the lens on his new blue telescope, the one Jenn had given him for Christmas, before she left without saying goodbye. He remembered when he had received it, telling her that she would have to do this with him, star gaze, but now she was gone and he hadn't been able to bring out his telescope because it was a painful reminder that his best friend was gone.

Months had passed and although things hadn't been too good for him after Jenn's unexpected departure, things were finally starting to look up for Scorpius. He couldn't remember if the 'Scorpius' constellation was prominent during this time of year, but he was going to search for it anyway.

Sam had been bored out of his tree lazing about in his dorm and it was far to late to head for the Quidditch Pitch, "Stupid Curfew" Sam muttered as he left the Hufflepuff House. He decided he may aswell go for a walk clear his head a bit. The common room much too reminded him of Jenn, he didn't know when it would start feeling the same again.

He threw on a check shirt over his white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He walked up the stairs onto the fifth corridor, to the sixth even the seventh. May aswell continue He strolled up to the north tower where he hadn't been since Kate told him she liked him. That was just unexpected and he hadn't seen much of her since.

Finally in the North Tower Sam saw his best friend -Knight- looking through a telescope, the one Jenn had given him. He really couldn't escape her. "Hey man." He said in a casual tone. "Came at a bad time eh?" Sam chuckled lightly, he hated Astronomy.

Scorpius had been hunched over his telescope, one eye closed shut, as the other looked into the lens that reflected the night sky. He loved astronomy, well more so just the idea of it, not actually studying it, he had barely passed last semester because he had lost interest in his subjects fast. He heard footsteps behind him and stood up straight, turning around just in time to see his best friend Prince there. He smiled and replied quietly, "Hey," as he stood in front of his telescope as if trying to hide it. For some reason he felt bad about letting Prince see it, he was sure it was as much a painful reminder of Jenn to him too.

Scorpius chuckled lightly when he joked that he came at a bad time, knowing that Sam hated Astronomy. "This is just for fun," he said to him but rolled his grey eyes playfully, knowing that saying that didn't make him suddenly be okay with the subject, if anything, it made Scorpius look like a nerd.

"Just for fun?" Sam laughed, "Are you kidding me? Mate, Quidditch is fun this-" He ponted his hand out the telescope, "-this is schoolwork." he teased lightly. Sam looked away from the relscope and made his way to a windowsill and sat up on it. He hadn't just hung out with Scorpius in the longest time, without there being a girl intrusion. "So how have you been?" He asked him casually.

Scorpius laughed and shook his head lightly as Sam described star gazing as schoolwork. "To each his own then," he commented softly with a playful smirk at his best friend. When he asked him how'd he'd been Scorpius sighed and looked up into the sky momentarily before returning his gaze to Prince. "I'm getting better," he admitted truthfully to him. He had finally been able to bring out the telescope Jenn gave him, for one; but Taylor was definitely the reason he had been cheering up considerably over the past few days. "And you mate?" he asked with a grin, he hoped everything was finally getting better for him too, why was their second semester like a series of unfortunate events for them?

Sam shrugged lightly, "I'm alright." he said a little dryly. "I miss Jenn a lot y'know? Its just certain moments when it hits me, Hogwarts is just weird without her." He had cared an awful lot about Jenn, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if she had told him in advance. "I just thought she'd be here, with us, all the time." He muttered. "Did I tell you I wrote to her?" he asked him not really sure if he had or not.

[Sorry Lexi, normally I'd say yes, but Knight and Sam would like their guy time now. =-P ]

Scorpius sighed softly, knowing exactly how Prince was feeling. He had gotten so used to his daily routine with Luna that he literally didn't know what to do with himself for the first couple of days after the break up. Jenn had been in Prince's house as well so he knew they had both gone through the same thing. Scorpius didn't know which was worse, having Jenn gone, or seeing Luna everyday; they were both terrible in someway. "Yeah," Scorpius said softly, agreeing with his statement of Hogwarts being weird without Jenn.

When he admitted that he wrote to her, Scorpius fixed his grey eyes on Prince, studying his expression for how he felt about that but couldn't really read his emotion on the matter. "Really?" he asked. "What did the letter say?" he asked, knowing that if Prince brought it up, it couldn't have been too personal to share with him, they were best friend's after all. "Has she written back?" he asked without waiting for a response. He bit his lip lightly, wondering if he should be writing to her too.

"Well my letter was lame. I mean, what was I supposed to write on it? 'I'm really mad...why did you leave so suddenly? Y'know?" Sam said to him. "But I have the letter she wrote back." Sam had replaced the letter she had given him before she left with the one he had received back from her. He pulled out a crinkled bit of parchment and handed it to Scorpius, still mananging to sit on the sill.
Sammy!

I miss you so much it isn't even funny! I'm so sorry for hurting you all. But I missed my family to peices and to be honest, I wasn't exactly happy at Hogwarts. Not because of any of you, it's just because of me, I don't do well without my family. It's a complicated situation but I guess after everything Owen went through I felt even more homesick then before.

With that said, I'm Hogwarts sick, does that make sense? I don't know. But I miss you, Scorpius and Hoshi. Please make sure that they know that they know that I'm sorry for leaving without a proper goodbye, but I didn't have a chance to leave. My Mom just apparated in and took me out of school without actual warning on the date so I had to leave during the play.

I saw that you wrote were instead of are, does that mean we aren't best friends anymore? I of course assumed that we weren't dating, but I want you to know that I still really like you and I miss being in your arms.

I know this seems like a sad excuse but you know what I mean. You always have, even when I didn't.

Love;
Sincerly;
Missing you;

Jenn

Sam kicked the wall with the back of his foot as he waited for Scorpius to finish reading the letter.

[Sorry for the delay.]

Scorpius took the letter that Prince held out for him. He recognized Jenna's writing and felt a faint smile grace his lips but only for a fleeting moment before his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he read the letter. He scowled when he read that she wasn't happy, he was too stubborn to be forgiving, she knew that all too well. But he knew that he couldn't be immature about this, if staying at Hogwarts was hurting her, they shoud let her go right? Scorpius let out a low whistle as he folded the letter back up carefully and handed it back to his friend. "I'm sorry mate," Scorpius said sincerely yet feeling like those words rang out pathetically. "I guess...it's best that she be happy, right?" It was as if in a way he was trying to convince himself of this as well.

[Its okay, I know how your laptop is down and all that :console: ]

Sam continued to wait in silence as Scorpius finished off reading the letter. Sam took the letter out of his hands and put it back in his pocket. "Yeah I suppose...I just wished she could be happy here is all." He said grimly. Sam had never expieranced any form of homesickness so he didn't what it felt like. It must have been bad if she had to leave.

"But, I'm done with girls. They just end up causing drama." Sam said. He had been thinking about that for awhile now but he voiced it for the first time. All the drama that had happened so far was to do with girls. He wasn't going to let it happen next year. He was sure that all girls didn't cause drama. But for now he was done with them.

Scorpius nodded his head slowly when he said he wished Jenn could've been happy here. He knew Sam was a huge part in Jenn's happiness while she was here, but he didn't feel the need to remind him so Scorpius said nothing else on the matter. "You're done with girls?" he repeated out loud, a faint smirk on his face. He then remembered all the drama that Prince had to go through at the beginning of the year with Toni and Jenna and he chuckled a little. "Okay you're right about the drama," he said after he had recalled everything. "Maybe I should say the same thing," Scorpius commented quietly, when remembering his own bit of drama with girls, but yet he couldn't bring himself to declare the same thing just yet.

He nodded, "For now anyway.." He added with a small cheeky grin. He liked no one in that way at the moment so that was a good sign. He wasn't even sure if he was over Jenn or not. He listened to Scorpius talk but it sparked something off. Sam remembered something which made him slightly confused at the quidditch pitch that he had been meaning to ask Scorpius about. "Speaking of girls mate, I saw the way you were eyeing Taylor at the match? What- Is..is there something you wanna tell me?" he asked him with a small smile.

Scorpius was definitely not expecting for Prince to bring up Taylor so his obvious reaction of a goofy grin erupting on his face gave it all away. He quickly tried to wipe the smile off his face as he coughed and ruffled his hair but if anything, those gestures made it even more obvious! Scorpius allowed a chuckle to escape his guilty face as he slowly nodded his head yes. For some reason he was afraid to admit he liked her, because he felt it was too soon since he and Luna broke up. He remembered yelling at Luna on the lawn about her needing to open up her eyes and realize she liked Angus all along, but now that he thought about it, it seemed as if his subconscious was really telling him that about Taylor. "We uhh, kinda have a date soon," Scorpius said quietly trying to keep the grin on his face at a minimum. He bit his lip and ruffled his hair again. "Is this bad?" he asked. Sam was his best friend so he valued his opinion above all others.

Sam watched Scorpius try to cover up for his grin when Sam had mentioned Taylor. He was right. But when he nodded yes, it was like Sam had no supictions and this whole idea was completely new to him. His mouth formed a small 'o' shape but the edges of his lips curled into a surprised smile. They have a date? Sam realised that his mouth was still open and he shut it quickly, biting his tongue on the way.

"Is this bad?"

Sam took a couple of seconds for the sting of his tongue to cool down a bit. He shook his head quickly, "N-no! Bad?! No." He said in quite a speed. "Its not bad at all. Just a little surprised is all." He admitted to him. Hadn't he just broke up with Luna? He asked himself, though reasoned it out. Their relationship had been rocky from the start they mustn't have been crazy about each other.

"Did yo- When did this happen?" he asked him trying to keep his voice casual. "Does anyone else know?" He asked shortly after asking the first question then prevented himself from asking anymore questions.

Scorpius glanced at Prince from the corner of his eye to notice him with his mouth open. His pause before answering the question worried Scorpius but his response quickly put him slightly more at ease. When did it happen? he repeated in his mind as if asking himself. Well he was pretty sure he had been attracted to Taylor the moment he met her in the dungeons but the moment when he realized he liked her had to be, "When I went to go visit her in the Hospital Wing," he finished his thoughts out loud to answer Sam's question. "When she had gotten hit by that weird spell," he clarified rather unecessarily. Yes, that was when he realized he like her and also when he had asked her out. Before the Quidditch game and before their outing at the Three Broomsticks.

Scorpius shook his head no when Sam asked if anyone else knew. "You're the first," he stated with a half smile, as it should be. "I don't want Luna to find out you know?" he said uneasily, ruffling his hair. "I sorta yelled at her and stuff when we broke up, now I'd just sound like a hypocrite," he mumbled ashamedly. This was the first time he was admitting and talking about the break up in detail with Sam, since Scorpius usually liked to say as little as possible about it.

"Oh okay cool." Sam said but he said it in general. What he thought about them going out. It was fine with him. He could easily get used to his twp best friends going out, it was just weird at first. But it was probably like that for when Sam went out with Jenn, or Toni. Scorpius would now be around more often aswell, he wouldn't be spending all of his time in the Ravenclaw tower which was also a big plus.

Sam was glad he was the first to know, he and Scorpius were best mates from the beginning and they were the only guys in the group. "Sure." He said understandignly, not that he would tell Luna, he hadn't even met her before. "Nah mate I wouldn't call you a hypocrite." Sam said, "Things just weren't going well and someone had to end it and it wasn't like you were falsely accusing her either. I mean, she liked Angus...right?" He asked a bit unsure, he never knew much about him and Luna so half of the stuff he had just said were guesses.

[Once again, sorry!]

A scowl appeared on Scorpius' face at the mention of Angus. Sure he had been accusing Luna of liking Angus throughout their relationship when he had unknowingly been doing the same thing with Taylor, but the fact remained that he kept his distance from Taylor as much as he could, while she and Angus were dancing together at the Yule Ball, practically about to kiss! "Yes, you're right," he replied gruffly though a smile appeared on his face. "You see this is why you're my best friend," he told Prince, a chuckle now escaping his lips. Even when he felt ashamed and like he was a jerk and hypocrite, Sam managed to turn that around and make him see things a little more clearly. He felt a little bad for not having introduced Sam to Luna but now there seemed no point, besides, it's not like he could face her now.

[No prob]

Sam rolled his eyes playfully. Usually Scorpius was the one who gave advice, Sam was terrible at it. He didn't think his advice was any good so he rarely gave it to people. But when it was his friends he at least tried. There had been silence for quite some time so Sam hopped of the windowsill and walked over to were Scorpius was standing beside the telescope. He ran his hand down it, "So anything worth seeing?" he asked him absent-mindly.

Scorpius was glad the seriousness of the conversation seemed to have died down and chuckled lightly when Sam asked if there was anything worth seeing. The entire sky was worth seeing to Scorpius! But he knew Sam didn't like Astronomy so he said, "Hold up," and leaned over his telescope with one eye shut. He messed around with the lens a bit, and tilted it different angles until it was perfect. He smiled to himself and stood up straight again. "Take a look," he said, gesturing to the blue telescope.

The telescope was centered on a constellation, his favorite one of course, Scorpius. Once Sam had taken a look he said simply, with a proud smile on his face, "That's Scorpius." He knew it was nearly impossible to see the shape right away, and that the sky probably just looked like a black canvas with white specs scattered across it; he was so used to looking up his constellation that he didn't have to think about its shape, but to others it might not have been so clear to see. "There's a really bright star that is supposed to be at the top of the body of a scorpion," he tried to explain to Sam.

Sam watched Scorpius twiddle a few knobs and lean the telescope at all sorts of angles. He then looked up at the dark sky sprinkled with shining stars. It was beautiful he had to admit. But he didn't see the need to go into detail. Then Scorpius told him to look, he sighed and looked through the lens.

Not really knowing what to look at he just scanned the whole area that was in view. Once he finished looking he pulled away from the telescope. He nodded as Scorpius explained that it was called Scorpius. Whatever it was. "Yeah..well I think I'll leave the whole star-gazing thing up to you!" He said with a small laugh and clapped him on the back. "There is none called Sam or anything is there?" he joked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back