Searching Continued

Lucinda Dalton

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Lucy walked in to the library, a pleasant smile etched on to her face thanks to the company currently with her. Landon - how was it that he always made her so happy? She'd never felt this with any of her friends - then again, she hadn't really had a proper friend until now. As naive as Lucy was, though, she didn't quite understand it. Perhaps one day she would find out what her feelings meant, but for now she contented herself by thinking that she and Landon were simply wonderful friends.
"So, um..." she began, a bit uncertain as to their purpose. "Where do you think we might be able to find information about the Room of Requirement?"

Landon walked with Lucy to the library, wondering where to begin of all the hundreds of books.
"Erm.." he said, turning around in circles to view the room. Where would they start looking?
"Right.." Landon said, feeling a little sick now, worried his plan to find the room- to find a way to get what he wanted- was in ashes.
"Well," he said, trying to be logical, "We should find out more about hidden rooms and secret passages."
Landon looked around again. "Aha." he said, spotting a shelf containing a few books on buildings and passages.

Landon took the books and plonked them onto a nearby table.
He was determined to find the room.
"Let us be logical," Landon said, sitting down to open a book.
"Surely there is some pattern as to which all passages and secret rooms are hidden.. It could help us narrow our search." He smiled as loosely as he thumped through several pages on Egyptian tombs.

Lucy couldn't help but smile when Landon started using logic. "You know, it's a real shame the Sorting Hat didn't put you in Ravenclaw," she muttered absently, not thinking about what she said. "But I guess you're a brave Gryffindor more than a Ravenclaw. It kinda wanted to put me in Gryffindor...but I'm not very brave." Shaking her head, Lucy opened a book, scanning the pages. "What if the room was in the dungeons or something? Out of the way and difficult to find, even for those who are looking for it? But then again, considering it was on the seventh floor corridor, logically, it could have moved down...anywhere between first and sixth floor, really. I'm not sure, just theorising here..." she rambled, leaning over to do the extremely obnoxious thing of reading over Landon's shoulder. Well, not reading over his shoulder, just leaning against him to see what was in the book he was perusing.

Landon grinned that grin he saved only for Lucy.
"I think you're right," Landon said, turning his head and realizing how close Lucy's face was to his. He paused for a moment just looking at her before feeling that he was probably being 'creepy'.
Landon turned back to look down at his book, a little red as a thought had just passed through his head. Now he needed the right moment.
"That would be logic for you- Building theories, destroying other theories." He was furiously turning the pages of the book he had to hide his pinkened cheeks.
"I doubt, like you, that it will be in the dungeon.. So perhaps it would be best to start with the first floor- Although I have a feeling it may be on the second, third or fourth floor- Just a feeling of course but it would be easier and make much more sense to work from the bottom upwards.."
Had Landon really been paying attention to himself, he would realize how awkward his next string of words would be.
"..Which reminds me.. Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"
He turned from his book and looked Lucy full in the face.

Lucy couldn't help but grin. The girl who so rarely smiled back home...she always smiled when Landon was around. He just had that effect on her. "Logic's always like that. Makes you more confused than when you started, when you try to reason with things," she said with a giggle, as she looked down at the book she was skimming through. She listened to Landon theorise, nodding her head in agreement, but when he asked her to the Yule Ball, it caught her off guard for a moment. Having just nodded, she realised what he had said. "Really?" she asked, wanting to make sure he had meant it, her eyes meeting his. Lucy had never planned on going to the Yule Ball, indeed she had wanted to avoid it for as long as possible, perhaps only going in seventh year if she had to. But going with Landon...she knew there was only one answer to that question, and it was the only answer she wanted to give. "Yes. Of course!" she said, beaming.

Landon felt his heart flutter.
Not only had Lucy said yes to him but she had done it with something like excitement.
"Brilliant!" Landon said, grinning again.
He had not exactly planned to do things in such a way as he had- He'd imagined it more 'dinner and a movie' style of inviting.
But things had gone well.
"Right then," Landon said, unable to take his eyes off Lucy, slamming the heavy book he had shut straight on his hand. "Aah.." Landon said as quietly as possible as he pulled his hand from the book and placed everything back onto the shelves.
"We should go to the first floor- Our adventure begins."

A blush creeping on to her cheeks, Lucy continued to gaze at Landon, with a small, shy smile. She hadn't ever pictured herself going to the Yule Ball. She was too much of a loner, too frumpy, not beautiful like all the other girls. Now she'd have to find a dress, she'd have to...what did it matter? She was going to have a great time with her best friend, who happened to make her heart skip a beat whenever he smiled at her...Biting her lip, Lucy placed the couple of books she had grabbed back on to the shelves, before looking back at Landon. "Right," she nodded, as she gently took the hand she had vaguely noticed him slamming between the pages of the book in her own, and led him out of the library and towards the stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back