Schoolwide day of Chill

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Wednesday was a Slytherin day off so Hoshi thought it was about time for a school wide day of relaxation. She got the word out to her friends what she was doing. She knew that they may or may not have class so they where free to go but after if they whated they could put thier books down and join her out here. Word must have spread fast after that. Hoshi set up a blanket near the edge of the lake and layed there. She was in a skimpyish bathing suit in black and red. The jewel at her navel was the same inky black. A pair of sunglasses over her eyes made her look a bit like the super star she was often discribed as.

Hoshi had worked hard for that reputation though there where a few dents in it. She didn't know how many more warnings she would get before the year was out. She was also sure that with exams so close, her friends would like a day of fun before frying thier brains with books. Hoshi sighed and reached over to the cooler that she suffed full of cold bottles of butter beer. The cooler looked normal enough but there was a charm on it that made it so ice was not nessery. Hoshi thought they where good hot or cold because they always had the same affect. The pleasent warmth that made one feel good all over. She probobly should be studying too but after thaking a swig out of the cold bottle she couldn't be bothered. Hoshi was perfictly happy just laying back in the sun making lazyness into an art.

Soft, tapping footsteps disturbed the peaceful tranquility that had settled over the grass. Chirping and the calls of birds in the distance blotted out his movement. The crinkling and crackling of frost being squashed delicately under light footsteps made an ever so slight noise. Listless, obsidian black orbs scanned the horizon; Henric Lee moved forward, cloak fluttering, his long black hair flowed about as a slight gale washed over him. Closing his eyes briefly, he opened them again and came up silently behind Hoshi. "You're alone. That's unusual, isn't it?" His calm, contemplating voice mused.

The unusual wind that picked up on such a hot day could only mean one thing in Hoshi's book. "Never for long. Your here." She said casually then took another sip from her butter beer bottle. She didn't even look back at who it could be. She wished for a moment that it would turn into Demon Sake so she could pass out from it and not have to talk Henric but it couldn't be helped. She could use that numbing feeling that her father used to need in the evening. "What's a creature of darkness doing out in such a bright and sunny day?" She asked as a sort of a stab. The distaine that Hoshi felt at the moment was genuine this time. Too much had gone on to have to deal with the stone boy in the usual manner.

"Is that how you talk to someone whose been away from school because he was handling tough family issues back home?" Henric replied silkily, swooping forward, his cloak fluttering, his cold breath running along her neck as he appeared by her side with slow, deliberate footsteps. "I heard someone got in a bit of a mess." He mused, raising his pale fingers up to the sky and letting a bird perch on it, before he flicked his index up and allowed the bird to fly away unscathed. "A little bird told me." He commented lightly before she could ask how he knew.

Hoshi looked up from her postition on the blanket. Henric still had the skill to make the hair in the back of her neck stand on end. Thankfuy the goosebumps stayed at bay. With the little amount of clothes she was wareing goosebumbs would have stood out like blemishes on that porsilane skin. "Should I be expressing pity?" She replyed again her voice hold nothing more than mild boredem. Hoshi proped herself up on her elbows after putting the half empty butterbeer bottle at her side. Her copper colored hair drapped behind her like a sliken sheet. "If that bird's name is Isabella Chaos I'll soon have her head." She said rolling her eyes behind the large sunglasses. The fight that they had gotten into was still freash in her head. Hoshi wasn't going after the school for doubting her. She was going after the sorce for planing the seeds of that doubt in the first place. Hoshi thought for a moment. "Wait that buisness your talking about doesn't have anything to do with Kagyou-chan does it?" She asked. Hoshi hated to admit it but she had gotten a fondness for the girl after fighting her. She was good and she had a backbone to back up the fluff she spoted at school.

There was a slight pause, then the reply came simply - "Yes." With two hands rising up, he brought them to her shoulders and indicated slight pressure upon his palms, to make her sit down. He blinked for a moment, glancing up into the skies, then lowered his gaze to her. "Sometimes." He begun softly, "We have to get lost to find ourselves." Slowly, he let his arms hang around her neck in some sort of embrace. "You come here as one." His eyes flashed with something she could not see, for it disappeared too fast. "You leave here as another." On that enigmatic note, he begun chuckling, not too bothered by the stares passerbys were throwing in their direction.

Hoshi sat up and canted her head. She took off her sunglasses though the gap in Henric's arms in order to study him properly. "OK who are you and what happened to the unfazable Mr. Wax I was growing used to?" She asked. There was a joking edge to her voice as if she where making light of the situation but there was nothing light about the way her heart was hammering. He went away shortly after they came back to school for the summer. Hoshi had noticed but hadn't shown that she noticed. Her friends never talked about Henric for the very reason that Hoshi would shut down and stop talking until the subjet was changed. Long after that would happen they still didn't mention Henric and Hoshi was all to happy to pretend that she didn't miss him. Hoshi was now wondering what had happened to Henric while he was away to make him touch her like this. Last they truly talked Henric couldn't even put his hand on her chin let alone embrace her.

A throaty, chuckling laugh rang from his throat and seemed to echo across the air. "My family decided..." He commented lightly, "... That they had a sufficient grip over me, without needing to poison me and my emotions." He raised his head to the air, then his arms moved around her neck and pulled her closer to him without her consent. "This freedom is painful." He murmured into her ear; Henric raised his pale hand to her face, and slid it slowly down her lips. "I'm not a princely person. I think you know that; I'm very sadistic, and sharing the pain makes me smile." At the end of the sentence, he paused, then started laughing, laughter that wasn't dry and hollow, but seemed to resonate with some sort of secret dark humour.

Hoshi had to bite her lip to keep from laughing weakly herself. Henric seemed very happy indeed. Or at least happer than she had ever seen him. It had always been hard, even for Hoshi who payed the most attention to him, to decipher Henric's emotions. She placed her hand on his wrist and kissed Henric's fingers. "I know. You told me this once before. I told you that I had seen it in when your mask cracked the first time. You told me hurting those girls made you happy. It made me laught too." She said admitting her own cruelty. "Your not a princely person yet you are a prince. A prince of darkness." She said. A sultry sort of half smile spread on Hoshi's lips as she turned her head towards his.

His lips were constantly affixed in his usual cold smile. "And that is why you should stay away from me." He raised a pale finger, and placed it upon her forehead. "Far, far away." His cloak fluttered in the wind as he straightened and let his hands clap onto her shoulders. "Because there's only one girl I won't hurt, and you know who that is." Gently, as he massaged her shoulders, he whispered, "But you won't listen, I think. You'll continue to come closer even though you know it's bad for you."

A silent pause, then a sly grin, followed by hoarse chuckling.

"I like that... It's a bit of a gamble. Don't you think?"

Hoshi scoffed goodnaturedly as she leaned back a bit against Henric. "When do I ever listen to anything anyone tells me, even when it'd for my own good?" She said. Hoshi knew the moment she realized what she felt for Henric that she should have walked away right then and there but it was already too late. She couldn't leave him alone. Even if she tryed. "It is. One that I've lost many times before. Youv'e hurt me but I guess I'm a masocest." She said. Hoshi let out a sigh and looked up at the sky not really seeing it though. "How is Kagyou-chan? She dissapered along with you." She asked suddenly. If anyone would know why the girl had left it was Henric.

"Some things are better left untouched and unknown." Henric whispered into his ear in a teasing, satanic fashion. he lowered his head and murmured, "Sometimes we have to get lost to find ourselves." He raised his head to the her. "She came here as the Clan Heiress. She left as Kagyou Wu. That's all you need to know." He moved away from her and turned, a faint hint of his usual facade of smiles touching his lips. "For now." With that, he disappeared through the forestation.

Hoshi leaned back and watched Henric leave. She really was getting to enjoy this because she layed back on the beach blanket with a laughing smile on her face. Well it was good to know that Kagyou was ok. Atleast that what she thought that meant. I haven't given up on anything before Henric Lee. I will never give up on you. She thought as she let the bright sunshine play across her cream colored skin. It wouldn't get any color with little amount of sun but it felt good. She realized how crazed she sounded even in her own mind. She didn't care anymore. Hoshi had been accused of being crazy before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back