Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Alexis had enough of the roses. She had been looking forward to this day but it seemed that it was going downhill. She fled the lower grounds of the castle and ran all the way up to the north tower. To their special place. She held back her tears as she quickly scribbled a letter, could not stop the tear dropped onto the paper. She whistled for a school owl. "Xavier.. Mackintosh..", her voice broke and the owl flew out of the window before swooping back down to the lower grounds, looking for the Hufflepuff. She sighed as she looked outside. She took out the notes, reading them again and ended up with Joshua's. She still had to find her best friend so that they could talk.

When Xavier had received a letter from Alexis asking him to meet her in the north tower the seventh year hadn’t thought much of it. Of course, he was always happy and looking forward to meeting up with his fiancé, since she was always so busy that it was difficult seeing her whenever he wanted. Or both wanted. When he had finally climbed all of those stairs, and he saw her, his smile faltered. "Hey," he said, immediately noticing how upset she looked. "Hey, what’s the matter?" he asked her softly, wrapping his arms around her. He hated seeing her this upset about something, it worried him.

The only silver lining with the notes were Simon's usual friendship note, Sully' joke note and Yvette's congratulations. At least someone was happy for them apart from Noelle. She was too absorbed in the notes that she did not notice the footsteps until she was wrapped in a set of arms. Arms that were her favorite and had always been her sanctuary. "Xav...", she snuggled in his embrace, sniffling. With him, she could be herself. Vulnerable. Like a child. "Roses...Notes...", she was too upset to form a coherent sentence.

Last edited:
So many thoughts were running through Xavier’s mind, all the possibilities of what could be upsetting Alexis. He wanted to cheer her up somehow, but he had to figure out what she was going on about, he had no idea what she was trying to say. She mentioned roses...notes...something to do with a particular rose and note? "Hey, just breathe," he said, cupping her face in his hands and making eye contact with her. "What’s up with the roses, what roses?" And more importantly, what notes?

Alexis took Xavier's advice and breathed. She met his eyes and let herself be calmed by them. That and his hands on her cheeks. After a few moments, she felt better. Smiling a little, she took the notes from her lap and passed to him. They were arranged where the anonymous ones came first, followed by Simon's, Sully's, Yvette's and lastly Joshua's.

Last edited:
((Your reply didn’t appear in my notifs apparently, or it did and I lost the link -_- ))

Xavier waited patiently as Alexis breathed and it seemed to be working, she was becoming more calm by the minute. All he wanted was for her to be okay, but he also wanted to know what was going on in that head of hers. And for that he needed to wait until she could explain a little better. He was slightly relieved when she smiled, and he took the notes from her a little hesitantly, not sure if he wanted, or even should, read them. Weren’t they supposed to be personal, or something? Then again, Alexis shared everything with him, and Xavier the same with her, and they were to be married soon. The first couple of notes were anonymous and the puff chuckled at them, glancing at Alexis. "I don’t think you should take these very seriously, we’re happy with how things are, and we know what we want and what’s best for us. I don’t know who these are from, but it’s really none of their business," he shrugged. He unfolded the next two, and smiled at them, they were heartwarming. The last one was from Joshua and Xavier tensed. He read it over a second time, then a third, and felt his jaw tighten. He was sending love notes now? Seriously?! To his fiancée. That wasn’t being a very good best friend now, was it. It wasn’t ideal for Xavier, either, he thought they were all past this. "He really loves you...like, is in love with you?" he asked Alexis quietly, referring to Joshua’s rose.

Alexis continued to stare in his eyes as Xavier browsed through the notes. It seemed her favorite guy was calm about them, even reassuring her. She nodded in agreement. "Alright.", she took them and folded them before putting them away while her fiancé read the ones signed. The Ravenclaw watched the boy's reaction when he read Joshua's note. The Puff read it, not only once or twice but three times. A subtle tense on his jaw did not escape her eyes. When he finally spoke, Alexis gently cupped his cheek and kissed him softly on the lips. "I know he loves me as his best friend.", she replied with a shrug. Gently pulling the note, she added. "Xav, will you be okay if I seek Joshua later and ask him about this? I want to know why he wrote this." As they were getting married soon, she had to ask his opinion and whatever Xavier decided, she would respect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back