Sammael and Edvard's new apartment

A

Anonymous

Edvard walked into the apartment that he and Sammael had recently aquired through less than moral means. It was a very good gothic interior put in with modern comforts. One would feel like Edgar Allen Poe was right in the next room with a raven on his shoulder. The two of them had taken over a few floors of the upscale apartment building and were considering taking the rest. The redesign of the interior had taken a few days of grueling work, but it was well worth it. The entryway opened into a staircase downwards into a antechamber. It was about 3 stories tall and quite large and impressive.

Edvard walked over to an enourmous fireplace on the side of the giant room. There was a large bonfire roaring inside. He grabbed a bottle of his favorite scotch from the disturbingly chilled marble mantlepiece and poured some into a glass he had picked up from the same mantlepiece. He took a small swig, excellent, he thought. The room yet needed some decoration, but he was done with most of the work for now. It was a rather unpleasant day outside in downtown Auckland, thus Edvard was eager to get by the warm fire with a good drink. He pulled out his wand and conjured a large leather chair infront of the fire and sat down, sipping his scotch. This place had an atmosphere, to him and Sammael it would be rather pleasant, but it would not be to everybody's liking. Sammael should be getting back from work anytime now, he thought, he wished to discuss some final touches on the upper levels.

[Terribly sorry it took me so long to reply. Please exuse my forgetfullness.]

Sammael strode into the apartment through the front door, his golden eyes taking in his surrounding with pleasure. In turning his head he noticed Edvard sitting in a rather comfortable looking leather chair and sipping what appeared to be brandy.

"I think I am going to like it here," he said as he withdrew his wand from his left pocket. With a flourish he conjured a chair quite similar to Edvard's and sat down. "I must say you have excellent taste my friend, excellent taste." Sammael's eyes once again began roaming about the apartment.

Edvard turned as Sammael sat by him, "I thought you would appreciate, Sammael. There are still some decorations to finish up on, as you can tell by this room," he waved around the rather spartan area around them. "This should prove to be a good base of operations." He gave a mischeivious smile, "I've got some plans for the bottom floors, however. But they shall have to be very well concealed from average company. Oh, would like anything to drink? We are sitting nearby a veritable Fort Knox of high quality ethanol based beverages."

"No thank you. I am trying to cut back on my drinking." Sammael released a sigh and turned from the fire to Edvard. "I know this is a rather foolish question to ask you, but what do you know about teenage girls?"<i></i>

Edvard was in the middle of a sip when Sammael spoke, and as such he almost choked on his scotch from laughter. "A little trouble with your daughter, I take it?" Edvard asked rhetorically before continuing, "Not much, not much." He shook his head chuckling, "I was quite withdrawn as a teenager. What seems to be the trouble?"

Sammael could not help but smirk at Edvard as he choked. "Yes, I am having some trouble with Sophia. I need her to trust me, which I am fairly certain she does not."

[How old is Edvard?]

Edvard pondered, "That's a toughie. For any relationship, but especially a father-daughter one." He took a sip of his scotch and peered into the fire, "Spying on her certainly won't help, though," he said pointedly, "What are your plans for her over the summer? Is she going to Scandinavia?"

{{He is about 30 or 31 years old. I haven't gotten a proper date yet.}}

"No, spying certainly has not helped as of yet. As for the summer I was planning on having her stay at Drage Herrogard. Far will probably be much more proficient in dealing with her than I have been.

"I am sure he will let you visit her though," Sammael added with a smirk.

[Here is a Timeline to help give you an idea of where we are in relation to the books.]

Edvard grinned evily, "What are you insinuating, Sammael?" He took another sip of his scotch before continuing, "If you're trying to gain her trust, having her go to Norway for the summer will not accomplish anything. She will probably be more frustrated that she has to go all the way there to live with her great-uncle whom she has never met."

Sammael let out a sigh and looked at Edvard. "Well, she will know him as her grandfather. I am not sure that my father will allow me to keep her here. He has his own ideas as to what is best, and I would be quite foolish to defy him. Besides, do you really want to host a teenage girl in this apartment all summer?"

Edvard thought for a moment, "That is true. Disembodied heads could be a bit traumatizing to her. She'd have to be broken in first." He pondered without missing a beat. "Does Valcan think he's the Godfather or something?" Edvard asked before realizing that Sammael most likely had not seen that movie. Or any other movie for that matter. "A mafia kingpin type of thing," he added quickly.

"Godfather?" Sammael inquired with confusion. "Mafia kingpin?" In addition to not recogning the term Godfather for what Edvard was trying to say, Sammael also had never heard the expression kingpin, as he had never been bowling in his life. He did, however, know the word king. "I suppose you could say something like that."

"It's a muggle move," Edvard explained, "About the Italian mafia in the United States." He took a sip of his drink, "Why are you so keen on getting on your daughter's good side, anyway? Trying to keep her out of Morgase's hands?"

Sammael shook his head, too tired to try and grasp what Edvard was talking about.

"Sophia is much easier to handle when she is cooperative. She has been thus far for the most part. I do not want Far to go chasing after her or anything. Tristan's daughter has been very uncooperative, and she has gotten herself beaten for it quite a few times. I will not stand to see my daughter abused in such a way. If I have her trust, I can protect her. It is much harder to do so if she is busy defying me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back