Samantha
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Unyielding Aspen Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
(Open after Ruben!)

It was a nice and sunny day and the wind blew through Sklyar's hair, tangling it behind her as she walked through the park. She had been visiting some of her extended family alongside her brother and parents, but after a week of constantly being asked how it was going at school, or what she did in her spare time, she'd had enough and couldn't stand lying to them another minute. It was times like this when she thought that being a muggleborn was really hard, since she couldn't let anyone except her immediate family know that she was a witch and could do magic, and had to keep making up various excuses for the other people instead. So she'd left them for the day with the excuse that she wanted to go do some shopping by herself and made the day trip to Brightstone Village instead, which was thankfully only an hour away from where her extended family lived. She'd hoped to find some of her friends here, or at least someone she knew who she could talk to, without having to constantly worry she'd accidentally say something about the magical world to them. But she'd found no one, so she'd decided to go to the park to clear her head, since the outdoors always helped her.

She'd been walking through the park for only a few minutes when she finally saw someone. It was the same boy she'd met here a whole year ago! She'd seen him around school, but other than that hadn't really talked to him, although if she remembered right, the time they'd met here had been quite fun. Racking her brains to try and remember what his name was, it finally came to her. "Hey, Ruben!" she called out to him, waving at him to come and join her. She was glad she'd found someone she could talk to, even if it hadn't been one of her initial go-to friends, but at the same time, at least they could catch up after a whole year.

Ruben decided to hang out at Brightstone, he didn't went there with any specific purpose but as he found himsef there he decided to check some stores. He entered a few but the only thing he bought was candy, sour candies. There was something in the mix between sour and sweet that he liked, he would get shivers as soon as he would eat one which was a weird sensation but one that he enjoyed.
His feet brought him to the park for some odd reason, he was looking around while eating his candies when he heard his name and looked to the person who had called him. It was the same blonde girl from the previous year, Ruben actually found that odd. He had seen her around the school but she was mostly with the same group of girls, Blake who was known for her clothes who are extremely excessive for an twelve years old, Harper who Ruben had met last year in the train and two other girls that he didn't know, they all seemed really close which could be explained by the fact that they were all in the same house.
"Hey!" he said getting closer to the girl "Kind of odd how we never meet at Hogwarts but keep meeting here" he added with a small chuckle and putting a sour candy in his mouth. "Want some?" he said extending the candy bag.

Skylar smiled as Ruben joined her, pleased to have someone she could talk to that was magic too. "I know right, I mean we share classes but never actually talk, and then we always seem to meet here." she added with a laugh when he mentioned how they never met in school but had met at the park twice now. She grinned as he offered her a lolly from his bag, "Sure, I'll take one thanks!" and grabbed a lolly at random. She glanced down at it and noticed she'd chosen a yellow one. Lemon maybe? She popped it in her mouth and immediately her eyes opened wide as she tasted the sourness. "Oh wow I did not expect it to be this sour!!" she said with a laugh as she chewed on it. She'd loved these lollies as a child but they had always been much less sour. Maybe it was magically enhanced to be even stronger? She wasn't sure but she loved it nonetheless, and secretly wondered whether Ruben might offer her another one later on.

With the lolly still in her mouth, she began walking through the park again. "I can't believe we're going to be third years this year, where have the past two years gone?!" she wondered aloud, realising how quickly the years were going. She still had plenty of years to go, but even that seemed less than when she'd first arrived and been sorted into Gryffindor. Back then every class had been new to her, including flying which was unfortunately only for a year. But then that reminded her of something. "Wait, you're on the Slytherin Quidditch Team right?" she was sure she'd seen him with them a few times, although she suspected he was an alternate. "How is it? Is it hard? And what position do you have?" she couldn't stop the questions as they tumbled out of her, but she always got so excited when it came to the magical sport. She wished she'd gotten onto the Gryffindor team but the Chaser positions were all filled up when she'd tried out. Maybe this year would be different though, and she was determined to try out again.

The Slytherin boy laughed at Skylar's reaction, a pretty common one but still funny nonetheless. "Yeah, sorry about that. Sour candies are my favourite" he said half chuckling "even though sometimes you can caught off guard" he added referring to the girl's reaction.
Ruben had to nod at her statement, the past two years have gone by quicker than any other year and even though he wasn't exactly about to leave Hogwarts that time was approaching at an alarming pace. Then, while he was still processing and remembering some memories from the previous years the girl quickly changed the topic. "Yeah I am, I mean, I was" he said only to be inquired after, the questions were coming so fast that he just waited for the girl to be done with all the questions and he would answer them all after, hopefully he wouldn't forgetting any. "Well, Quidditch is pretty fun. I loved meeting new people and just being a part of something. It was really cool, I'm gonna be trying out this year again. I mean... I don't know if it's really hard, Blake and I would occasionally practice so I'd like to think it wasn't that hard because he was helping me out. And I played alternate seeker, which, if I ever make it to the main team... it's gonna be a tough spot since I'll have to keep up with Blake's winning streak" he said answering all of Skylar's questions, except for this last bit where he kind of vented, probably not to the best person since Sky was a Gryffindor and the last thing she wanted was that Slytherin kept winning all the time.

Skylar laughed a bit as Ruben apologised about the sour candies, "There's no need to apologise, I love them!" she countered, her mouth still tingly from the sourness. She smiled when she heard him answering all her questions about Quidditch, she knew there were definitely a lot since she'd bombarded him with them, but he did a surprisingly good job at answering all of them. Her happy smile faltered a bit when he said he'd have to keep up with Blake's winning streak though, since it brought back memories of Gryffindor losing in the finals. "Yeah yeah, no need to brag about winning again this year!" she grinned, shrugging the disappointing memory off. She knew the Gryffindor team was just as good, if not better, than the Slytherin team, and she was sure that next year would finally be their year. "But wow, Seeker? That must be a tough position to play, the whole game basically relies on you..." she said, lost in her own thoughts. She'd always wanted to be a chaser since she thought that it would be fun working together with the others, and definitely not as much pressure as seeker, but she definitely admired those who chose that position. Realising that the last sentence she'd said probably wasn't the best for Ruben's confidence, she quickly added, "But I'm sure you're a great seeker! Next year will be your year for sure!" she wasn't sure which year the current Slytherin seeker was, but she assumed he'd be near graduating stage, which likely meant Ruben would take his spot.

Ruben was walking and looking down and when Sky told him that she liked the candies he just lifted his head a bit a turned it to her giving her a small grin. When the girl mentioned Slytherin winning the boy just laughed "I wasn't going to. Torturing you with traumatic memories is not my thing" he said with a smile.
What Skylar said about being a seeker had crossed his mind a few times, the whole game was depending on them so the pressure was definitely on. Practices are one thing, Ruben never really felt anything but excitement during practices but on the day of his house's first game he woke up feeling unsettled, he barely had eaten breakfast and almost threw up several times and even though he would love to play during that game he was praying that he didn't needed to. During the second game he wasn't feeling as bad but still quite nervous. Nevertheless he tried to sound confident and said "I'm one of the best seekers at school, should have seen me during practices", he didn't wanna sound to cocky or braggy but his practices didn't went terribly so he would consider that a win considering his competition during practices was the Blake Irons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back