Sailing A Boat

Proserpina Laurent

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Eessence of Dragon's Whisker
Despite her small size, Proserpina had crafted a little toy boat from some wood that she had found close to the Forbidden forest. It had taken her quite some time, but she managed to make it. Smiling, the Hufflepuff got dressed as she was anxious to try out her brand new toy! Maybe her dad would be proud to have her own little means of entertaining herself. Proserpina made sure that she had her wand with her as she exited the Hufflepuff House, not seeing anyone that she really wanted to talk to on the way down toward the lakefront where she would test out her new crafted toy. It was Spring, and she was dressed like she was ready for Summer, but she did not care at all, she just wanted to have some fun with her toy, and to see if it would float. Though she had on her bathing suit underneath her clothing in case it would float out too far, and she would have to go out after it. Proserpina finally made her way to the first floor, probably getting weird looks from others, but did she care? Proserpina was making herself do other things instead of classes, could she be blamed? Proserpina did not think that her twin sister would have been interested in something like that, but she could always ask her later on, but she wanted to make sure that the boat would even work! She wanted to make sure that it would work. Her wand had not been used since class, but she was good to go in her own special opinion. She was just a few steps away from being in the precious sunlight, where the birds would be chirping and the wind would be blowing in her golden locks that were currently in loose curls.

Finally, her flip flops landed on green grass as she went onto the lawn, feeling rather free from the walls of the school. About time too because she missed being outside. And it was breezy too. Everything looked so perfect! Squealing in delight, she rushed down to where the lakefront was, her brown eyes looking forward as she could see what the lake looked like from here. The reflection of the sky shone brilliantly upon hte rippling surface of the water. Finally, she had arrived to the lakefront where she slipped her shoes off and she stepped into the lake, not wadding in over her ankles. The Hufflepuff blonde held the boat in her nimble fingers before she took a step from the water. She bent down and set the wooden boat onto the water. The waves of the lake caused the boat to float, and then drift off into the shallow end of the lake. She smiled, and she was glad that it did not sink. Proserpina smiled and she stood up straight, before she hopped on the sand a few times in order to release some of her excitement. Her first handmade toy had actually worked and it was sailing! Proserpina looked ahead as she did not pay any other attention to the people around her. She did not care what they thought of this peppy, bright young girl who had playing with a small boat. She was a third year, she did not lose her inner childhood activities. She loved to color still, and she loved to draw cartoons. She loved to read and write too, but most of all, she loved to work with making things, especially toys. It could be something she could go into, but she had magic. Proserpina didn't think too much on her future though. She could think about it later.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Romaine Snow bit his lip as he exited the castle. He was supposed to be working on homework that was due tomorrow. But Romaine rarely ever did his homework on time. He was a procrastinator to the max. Why do something now when it could always be done later too? 'If I was better at bullying others I could always get someone else to do my homework for me. Or maybe if I made some really nice friends....oh but I rarely get along with smart kids. This just blows man.' Romaine sighed. He hated school. It wasn't really his thing. It never had been. Nor was Quidditch. Romaine wasn't really good for anything that involved being at Hogwarts. Romaine was more or less just biding his time until he was able to Graduate from Hogwarts and get out into the world. Romaine wasn't even really sure what he was going to do once he Graduated. 'I need to find something I'm talented at.' Romaine stepped out onto the grass and started walk toward the lakefront. He was willing to go anywhere that got him away from where his homework was. Maybe if he relaxed for a couple of hours he'd be more willing to start some of it tonight. Or not. Either way it didn't matter. Romaine could care less about his grades. He stayed out of trouble and he attended lessons. He hoped they wouldn't expect much more from him until then either. The lakefront was mostly abandoned. There were a few students wandering around, but none that Romaine really knew by name or anything. So he ignored them. He was here to clear his own mind of all the junk that was floating around within there. If that was possible. Chances were that it wasn't but, he could give it a solid effort at least.

Romaine lingered by the edge of the lakefront for a moment. Then his eyes rested on something in the water. It was a little boy. 'Oh boy. This is going to be awesome.' Romaine smirked to himself. Romaine was fifteen years old. But his maturity level was still not as high asit could be. So of course he wanted to sink it. Romaine wanted to sink that toy boat really bad. So he was going to. Some way or another, that boat was going to sink into the lake below. Romaine had a pretty decent throwing arm, so he figured aiming at it with rocks would be the easiest bet he had to sinking it. He wasn't the most accurate with the wand, however, so he didn't bother to even consider that method. Romaine lingered over the shore and gathered a handful of semi-heavy stones into his arms. He had about six or seven when his arms were full. He was happy that it was close enough too. Romaine took one of the rocks, pull his arm back and tossed the rock. It missed the boat by a couple of inches. So he threw another one. The second rock also missed the boat. Romaine finally thought of a different angle to throw the rock in before he once again retracted his arm, and hurled that one into the air. This time, the rock hit the boat dead on. The sail shattered and water began to fill the toy boat. "YEAH!" Romaine cheered happily, jumping up and down the entire time it sank. He was so happy that he had hit it. Seeing the boat sink into the lake made his day. Even if it sounded a little mean, Romaine was pretty sure that whomever made it could make another one. It looked easy enough.​
<i>
</i>

The Hufflepuff's brown eyes widened ever so slightly when she saw something hit the surface around her boat. Was that a fish or something? Proserpina didn't know what it was, but it happened again, and again, and again. Proserpina was still sitting on the ground, but she didn't want to get up either. It had to be a fish or something, since the lake did have rather large fish. Perhaps a mermaid was amazed with what she had made. Proserpina felt a glow, but then her face melted away into horror and shock when she first saw a rock fly into the air, and hit the water. Someone was throwing rocks at her boat! How could they? Before she had a chance to turn around to see who it was, the boat was destroyed, her beautiful, hand crafted creation! Her cheeks flushed with a red hue, and she could feel her blood pressure rising. She had a temper, but she never got violent and punched someone. She didn't think violence solved anything, but she was no push over. Jumping onto her feet, she turned to face the boy that was cheering, but Proserpina recognized this boy. A prefect no freaking doubt. And a Slytherin. Proserpina stomped her way up to the boy, and though he was taller than she was, seeing as she was a petite blonde, most would think she was cute, but her face spelled anything but cute unless someone thought that her glare and stuff was not at all that serious. Proserpina placed her hands on her hips and she looked at the celebrating Slytherin square in the eye, too angry to show fear considering that most older than her and had some sort of power would intimidate her. Right now, she could give a rat's ass who she was looking at that sunk her creation, her wonderful little creation.

"What in the world do you think you are doing, mister Prefect? You sunk my boat, something I made by hand!" Proserpina exclaimed in her French laced accented high pitched voice. Proserpina was just not happy, but now her anger was subsiding into sadness. She had spent a full day and night carving into the wood, just for it to be destroyed by some older bully. She wished that she had her sister's bravery, before she figured that she should just embrace the anger, and get him back. With one finger after she took her hand off of her hip, she poked the older boy in the chest, as she said, "You better go in there and get my boat back so I can fix it. Some Prefect you are, doing things that only a first year or younger would do. Professor Styx should be ashamed of you." Sure, Proserpina had her wand, mastered Accio, she could get it herself, but no, this boy had done wrong, he needed to clean up his mess. Proserpina had worked just really hard at it, and she wanted it back. The stubborn girl was not going to let him go either. She could jinx him, even if she was younger. She felt like she could take this boy. Proserpina knew quite a few spells that she had learned over the years of being in Hogwarts New Zealand. The red that had appeared on her face had faded somewhat, revealing her natural skin tone. She didn't care how he had done so, but he was going to get her boat back, one way or another. Proserpina placed both hands on her hips once more, and she was prepared to battle if necessary. Could she honestly make a prefect like this boy do what she said? Only time would tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back