Safe and Sound

Azolla Loncar

OOC First Name
Alexis
Azolla decided that this summer she would stay at Hogwarts because she had a feeling that Amaryllis was staying in New York City and wouldn't want to go and visit her so to wish her family an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Years she walked up to the Owlrey only to find that the family owl that was normally resting in the cage at Hogwarts was not there. Azolla hadn't sent anything there way so she could only assume that the owl was stretching her wings and getting a mouse for herself so she waited as she had nothing in particular to do. As she waited she began writing a letter to the woman who didn't know who she was any longer - her lovely Gran.

Amy and Zo,

I've been putting off writing this letter but before you read it in the prophet I figured I should tell you first. Gran has died. Spare me the fake words of encouragement and just come home so we can give her a service because even if she didn't remember us we remember her and I just can't handle being in the house by myself anymore. Laelia can do as she pleases but I'm not finishing up at Hogwarts Scotland either, I can already feel the looks of pity cast down towards me from people who knew nothing about her so I will be going to Hogwarts with you, Azolla, at least for the rest of the year.

Gran is being buried beside Grandpa so someone please write Ed because I can't stomach his poop right now. He needs to pay for it because we all know that we don't have it even if he will hang it over our heads claiming that he cared about her most when he abandoned Gran, Laelia and I. Whatever, we'll talk soon... just come home.

Larkspur.

Life had been bliss since Amaryllis' graduation, leaving Slytherin and Hogwarts New Zealand behind had been a mixed bag for the eighteen year old, she hadn't known how to feel about it or whether she would be able to make it in the magical world, but all of this had changed after meeting Avrille. There had been a change in Amy's manner, though she was still bubbly, she had a darker side that she didn't let show, though it had accounted for her absence in relation to her family. She sent fewer and fewer owls to her sister Zo and had lost all contact with her brother and grandmother. It had been wrong of her, but in a whirlwind move to New York to live with her girlfriend Jennifer and being able to train with the Death Eaters, Amy had lost sight of what she valued, her family had slipped off of her radar, that was until this morning. Waking up in Jennifer's bed to tapping on the window, Amaryllis rose and rubbed her eyes, pulling on a robe over her underwear as she stepped out of bed and into the bedroom, retrieving the message from the owl that had been trying to grab her sleepy attention. Taking it in her hand she read it over and sunk into the bed, curling her legs up and biting her lip as she finished reading over the scrawl of her brother's handwriting. The letter was blunt, but all of it true, Amaryllis felt a pang as she pulled out the parchment to muster up a personal reply to only Larkspur.

Lark,
I haven't been around and I have no excuse, I have been a terrible sister and an even worse granddaughter. Even if Gran didn't remember us, we remember her and I can't believe I wasn't there with her when it happened. I'm coming home immediately and will do whatever I can to bring Ed with me.
I'm so sorry,
Amy.

Tying up the letter and sending it off, Amy almost felt a tear prick at her eye, but lately she hadn't been so emotional so she shook it off and pulled on her clothes, scribbling down a note for Jennifer, explaining her sudden disappearance. The last thing Amaryllis wanted was to lose the only person who still cared for her, her girlfriend. She tucked her wand into her pocket and found her other room mate Kalani. "Lani, can you give this to Jenn when she gets back?" she asked, leaving the New York apartment and apparating back home, where she should have been all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back