Sad News

Larissa Sedgwick

OOC First Name
Beth / Bethy
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Larissa had not recieved her letter at breakfast but during a brief visit to the Owlery.
A beautiful snowy white owl, swooped through the window and perched on a high up shelf.
"Hello," Larissa said to the owl whos leg had something tied to it, "You look like Mum's owl."
The owl hooted and blinked.
Larissa reached up towards the shelf and gently lifted the owl down.
The owl peered into her eyes curiously before sticking out its leg for her to untie the letter.
The moment Larissa had taken the letter from the owl, it stretched its beautiful white wings and flew back through the window.
Larissa un-rolled the parchment and stared at the letter for a moment;
Dear Larissa,
I didn't want you to be in front of anybody else because I know you hate to show your emotion.
I hope that Snowball got to you in secret.
First of all; I am afraid I cannot come and see you as I have to make certain 'arrangements'.
Secondly; Your brother went missing just before the full moon- The St. Mungo's staff don't know when he left but he was signed out.
And finally, my darling; Your father was looking for Davmorn and found him.
I'm sorry to not be able to tell you this in person.
We are all very sad and I will come and collect you if you want me to.
The funeral is at the weekend.
Please don't cry Larissa: We can cope as we are.
Yours lovingly,
L.Sedgwick
[/color]

Larissa blinked at the letter, a tear ran down her cheek and blotched the paper.
She had always hated her mum being so formal about everything.
So her father was dead and her brother was a killer.
Larissa stopped crying for a moment as she thought of something her father had once said; "One day, one of you kids is going to kill me."
She remembered the way he had smiled about it and said he would prefer to die at the hand of his offspring than a Death Eater.
But soon the tears were marbles rolling down Larissa's pale cheeks.

Arianna quickly walked up the steps to the owlery, and grinned remembering her conversations with Taylor and Tala last night, and the staring contest with Tala.
She entered the owlery, ready to pick out an owl to send to her paents, but instead she saw a girl that looked like a first year standing there, holding a letter, tears sliding down her face. Arianna's smile vanished, and walked slowly towards the girl. "What's wrong?" she asked in her kindest voice.

Larissa wiped her eyes.
She turned to face the girl who had just entered.
"It's my dad," She started to sniff again as tears reclaimed her cheeks, "he was killed."
Larissa turned her head away and let her long blonde hair draw a curtain round her face.
She felt angry at her brother and her father- She wasn't feeling bad about hating her brother right now but she felt a sudden pang of guilt when she felt a strong hatred towards her father.

Larissa sighed and decided she needed to see Liberty.
She gave the girl a watery smile and left for the Library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back