Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Tristan was relaxing on the couch in Morgase's flat, just having put Erik down to bed. He was quite surprised as he heard a tapping at the window, and upon closer inspection, he found it to be a barn owl, one that he recognized from before.

Finding it hard to believe, he let the owl inside, which shook itself off of the cold weather. There was no name on the envelope, but knowing it was for him, he ripped it open, surprised that he was even getting a letter.

Dad,
How is Erik doing?  Hell, I don't even know why I'm writing you.  Just don't hurt Harper.  I'm a prefect, by the way.
Estrella

Quite taken aback by the letter, Tristan found some parchment and wondered what in the world he was going to write back. By the randomness in her letter, she seemed just as clueless as he was about why she had written it in the first place. Was she trying to reach out to him? Was it possible, after all that had happened?

In a rather neat scrawl he started to write back, just going with it as he went along. He paused quite often during the completion of it, still in wonder.

Estrella,
I would never consider hurting an owl.  But why am I talking about owls?
I know we've never been able to talk, and I recognize that most of that is my fault.  I also apologize for the majority of my actions over the summer.

Erik has been doing fine.  He's crawling quite well now.

But not all of them, he thought, cracking his knuckles in thought of the Thomas kid.
Prefect?  That's great.  I thought prefects were fifth years and up, at least, that's how it was at Hogwarts England.  Never got to be Head Boy though; Percy Weasley stole the title.

How are your classes going?  Are you enjoying your electives?  I always found Ancient Runes to be my favorite.
With love,
Dad

Not giving much thought to the parting words of love at the end of his letter, Tristan sealed the parchment together, scrawling his daughter's name on the envelope. Were things changing? He wasn't sure. He sighed, holding the envelope in his hands and staring at it for a moment. He then gave it to Harper, was that what she was called? and watched as the disgruntled owl flew out the window. He sat back in bewilderment, lost in his thoughts, wondering also where Morgase was at.

Tristan was yet surprised to hear another tap at the window not a week later. Although he had hoped for it, wished for it whimsically, he had not expected even a hint of a reply from his daughter. He recognized the barn owl instantly, her plumage a little ruffled from the harsh Russian weather. She observed him with wary golden eyes, nipping at his hand as he did not rush to get a treat of some sort.

"A pushy one, aren't you?" he snapped, rolling his eyes as he moved into the kitchen, rummaging in the drawers to get Harper a treat. He finally found a bag, pulling a large one out and placing the paper package in its place. He moved back into the living room, sighing as he handed the owl the treat. She snapped it up greedily, her look menacing, but nonetheless satisfied.

Standing, he proceeded to open the letter with a rather ornate letter opener, the blade sharpened positively and true to the point.

Dad,
Has Erik said anything yet?  Exactly, how old is he?

Apparently, Prefects have been appointed as early as third years here.  I haven't been able to do much with it though; kids in my school don't act up all the time.  I mean, there's the stupid relationship drama, but I prefer not to get into it.  Waste of time, as I see it.

My classes are going rather well.  I'm finding that I like Arithmancy quite a lot, even though the Professor seems to lack a personality of any kind.  Ancient Runes is alright; I like the subject a lot more than I like the Professor.  Care of Magical Creatures is a tad boring, as we haven't gotten outside to do anything besides go look around the Magical Menagerie. It smelled rather bad.

Other than that, I don't have much to say.  I've been working for a while now, and business is kinda slow. I got sick and missed the Ravenclaw Quidditch match.  Can you tell me honestly, can I trust this so-called 'Grandfather' or not?
Estrella

Odd that she would ask me that question, Tristan thought to himself as he read the last bit. Especially considering that she hasn't seemed to have any kind of trust in me at all.

He set the open letter down on the coffee table, figuring that he would respond to it later. Estrella had obviously given a lot more thought into this last letter. He moved into the kitchen, getting himself a glass of water and wondering where Morgase could be at. Erik, as far as he knew, was sound asleep in the spare room that had been set aside for him.

Morgase walked in through the front door wearing a rather smug look on her unusally tan face. She walked into the kitchen and smirked at the sight of Tristan drinking a glass of water. "Hello there," she said smoothyly, waltzing up to him and giving him a small kiss on the lips. "How are you?"

Tristan kissed her back quickly, smirking. "I have been well." He raised his eyebrow. "Yourself? Have you been down South?"

Morgase's expression turned to one of confusion. "South? I do not know what you mean, but I have been well. Is Erik sleeping?" She walked out of the kitchen and into the living room as she removed her coat.

"I thought you might have gone somewhere South during the day. You have quite a lovely tan." He smirked, following into the living room after her, but not too quickly. "Erik has been sleeping for a while now. He was extremely crabby earlier; I think he was just tired and hungry. I fed him a bottle and he fell right asleep."

[Bear in mind they are in Russia, and neither grew up in the United States. Although I supose the Middle East might be a good place to get a tan, I do not believe that that term would hold the same meaning to a Witch who grew up in England as a muggle in the United States.]

"Oh," Morgase said with surprise and stopped, looking down at her tanned arm. "I was gathering ingredients." She looked back to Tristan with a smile on her face. "Did anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

((Hmm, I see your point. Being raised where I am, I naturally do that. Believe it or not, when I read the Harry Potter books in the fourth grade I thought the Harry Potter books were set out in like California. Talk about being narrow minded. :oy:
Which part of Russia are they in anyways? More European, near Moscow, or in the Asian part?))

"Not of a rather moving sort, but my daughter replied to yet her second letter," Tristan said, waving his hand to the opened letter on the table. "I can not begin to understand why, but she has begun to write me recently." He smiled. "I would like to think she is trying to reconnect with me, but I cannot get my hopes up too high." He was unable to stop smiling at Morgase, looking her over in amusement. She really was gorgeous. "So, what ingredients have you been gathering? Working on a new potion?"

[I was thinking more toward Moscow and St. Petersburg.]

"Just some of the usual ingredients, nothing major or exciting. No new potions right now. So, you are getting letters from Estrella? Well, while I agree you should not get your hopes too high, that is still exciting, no?" Morgase walked over to Tristan and gave him a small kiss before making her way to the cabinet.

"I see," Tristan replied, nodding as she explained the basic ingredients, having no idea what they were, as he was never adept at potions. He was just as inclined to burn a hole through one than make a successful potion. He had not been good at brewing at all in school; one of his faults that he made up with for his skills in other classes, notably Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts.

He smiled weakly, kissing her back softly and looking at her longingly as she pulled away. "It is exciting that I am actually having some positive contact with my daughter for the first time in eight years."

He looked out at the window, fogged over with the cold of the Russian autumn. "So, has your daughter contacted you yet?" he asked aimlessly, looking out the window as he did so. He could tell already, this was going to be a frigid winter. And, if he was right, would be much worse than Britain or America could offer up.

Morgase walked back over toward where Tristan was and then into the kitchen. "Yes, actually. I wrote Sophia and she responded the next day. She is coming here for the winter break and bringing a friend with her." As she was speaking Morgase was searching through the cabinets for something to eat.

Tristan suddenly became alarmed. "Would I have to leave for that week then?" he inquired, raising his eyebrow. He knew that Sophia's friends were probably Estrella's friends, or, he could only guess, and that might mean that he would either have to leave or come up with some really good lies.

"That is really up to you," Morgase replied calmly. She could sense Tristan's worry, but did not become alarmed herself. "I should say, rather, she said a friend is supposed to be coming. I wrote her back telling her that she should make sure her friend's parents are completely all right with everything. Besides, I have a store of Polyjuice Potion if you need."

Tristan thought about it for a moment, and sighed. "Well, we should figure out who this friend is before I go to using Polyjuice, but what has to be done shall be done." He smiled weakly. "I am starting to think that using Polyjuice in my case would probably be smart. At least, for going in public. Of course, I do not want to exhaust your stores doing so." He grinned suavely. "Or wear out those beautiful hands of yours."

Morgase smirked at Tristan. "It is no matter, really. I have plenty of ingredients and my hands are well trained. Perhaps Sophia will tell me more of this friend in her next letter."

Tristan smirked back at Morgase, a mischievious glint in his eye. "Perhaps," he replied, eyeing her exquisite form none too gentlemanlike, and finally, his eyes averted up to her face. In a sudden movement that surprised even himself, he moved forward slowly, cupping her face with his hands and kissing her lips softly, hoping that the suddenness would not disturb her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back