Running through hoops

Emma Meminger

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was a lavender sky, the sun was just peaking out from the trees as Emma walked along the paved roads of Brightstone Village with her dog white dog Sammy. She was about to turn a corner when her dog suddenly nuzzled out of his caller and began running in the opposite direction. "Sammy come back!" she called as she fished up her leash.

The small blond girl started running after her dog anxiously. "Sam!" she called, hopelessly. "Sam come back!" she called again, but the dog was out of sight, he had turned a corner, onto a busy street, and Emma was so helpless, her parents would be so upset with her, and she loved her dog.

[What I mean by Lavender sky]

Sam was walking slowly through Brightstone Village, he was not shopping though he was getting a break from the castle. He had decided to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas break. Especially since Ava- his cousin in which he dispised- is now living with his uncle aswell.

Sam wore a brown hat and a plain white shirt, he shoved his hands into his pockets while kicking a small stone up the sreet. He heard his name being called and turned around behind him. Only Jenn called him Sammy? But it wasn't Jenn, it was a girl not much younger than himself.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't know this girl. But she continued calling his name, "Umm-Wha-" Then Sam saw a dog, her dog run quickly around the corner. Sam looked back to the girl then decided he may aswell help out, she looked quite helpless. Sam ran through the streets and around the corner.

A few minutes later Sam returned with the dog in his arms. He loved dogs and missed his own very much, he rubbed behind the dogs ear. Vader loved that. Sam walked over to the girl and put the dog gently on the ground. Once the dog went around the corner there was a few dustbins and instincly the dog had become distracted, it made it easier for Sam to catch it. "I think this belongs to you." he said in his strong british accent and he added a warm smile.

Emma blinked once when a boy came around the corner with Sammy in his arms, she smiled brightly at him and said, "Thanks so much." She looked down at her puppy and said, "Sammy don't run off like that again." She put the collar on her dog and then stood up straight once more. Her chocolate eyes twinkled happily at the boy as she said, "I'm Emma and you're?" She sighed gently and picked up her white puppy and pet him softly as she waited for the nice boy's name.

Sam shrugged, "No worries." He then shoved his hands back in his jeans pockets. Sam then laughed, "I'm Sam." He smiled to her. "..I thought that you were calling me when you were calling your dog." Sam admitted, then storked the dog in the girls arms. "Talk about concidence eh..?" He said friendly.

Emma smiled at Sam's words and said, "Well it's lovely to meet you Sam." The small blond was tempted to call the boy Sammy because of her dog, but she decided against it, considering the boy might not like having the extra 'my' at the end of his name. Sam. Sammy. Samuel. Hmm I think I like Samuel, sounds nicer, she thought with a small shrug. "So Samuel," she began cautiously, hoping the boy wouldn't mind what she just called him. "Are you a student at Hogwarts already or are you going next year?" she asked curiously.

"Samuel?" Sam laughed, "No one has ever called me that before.." Sam didn't really mind what people called him, he was a very laid back kind of guy. "Yeah, I'm a first year Hufflepuff." Sam said happily, "I'm pressuming your attending next year?" he asked, she looked around his age so she'd have to be.

Emma blushed as Samuel laughed at her nick name for him. "I think it sounds nice," she said politely. "Yes I am," she answered. "I guess you've already learned quite a bit," she said though it was more of a question then anything. She began walking the way she was headed with her dog in her arms assuming that Samuel would come along with her.

Sam nodded, glad that he had assumed correct. "Meh!" Sam said when she said that he'd learned quite a bit. "I'm not that academic." Sam laughed at himself, he was always rushing his assignments at the last minute or scribbling any old thing down. "I usually pay attention in charms though and Defence against the Dark Arts so..yeah I've learnt a lot in those classes." He said following Emma down the street. "I play more Quidditch than I do study or any classroom assignments to that matter." Sam added quickly, the quidditch pitch was like his second home. He loved it there.

Emma smiled lightly at Samuel as he said that he wasn't that academic. When he mentioned quidditch she pursed her lips and gave him a curious look. Oh what is that, she thought trying to remember if she had read about that yet, just like she had with every other aspect of being a witch. "I can't seem to remember what that is, would you mind refreshing my memory?" she asked warmly, flashing him a smile as she did so.

Sam smiled a little to himself as a clear wave of concentration passed across her face. "Quidditch? Quidditch is.." Sam tried to think of an easy way of explaining it. "Its an extremely popular sport in the wizarding society." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black leather wallet with his intials on it. It was a gift from his father a long time ago. He flipped it open and took out a small picture of the chudley canons team- when the won the world cup. They were all moving and passing the cup amongst each other. "There." he handed it to her. "These are the best team going." he grinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back