Running into an old friend

Aphrodite Fox

OOC First Name
Zoe
Wand
12" Ebony Wand with Kelpie Hair core
Aphrodite was stocking up on some supplied for a certain potion she wanted to make, so she was slowly pacing through Bleak Street, to find the right 'hagglers' with the ingredients she needed. She had agreed to meet some, scum, as she would call them in the area, and she was impatiently waiting at the corner, tapping her black pump on the cold stone ground. She looked at her watch, and groaned. He's late, why did I ever trust this scum? She thought to herself, as she scowled at a homeless wizard tried to 'pick her up'. She was wearing a crimson red pencil skirt, black blouse and a white cloak on top. She stuck out like a sore thumb, very much, but she knew she was fashionable, and looked great, so she didn't mind.

Thorine Dolohov looked positively breathtaking, dangerous and vital all in one instance. Her pregnancy was progressing smoothly, she glowed as radiate as any expectant mother. The fact that her raging hormones on this particular baby led her to commit some vile crimes on behalf of her DE brethren was the only indication that this pregnancy was not in any way normal.

Returning from the midwife sequestered at the very end of Bleak Street, Thorine refused point blank to go to St. Mungo's. Vile institution of do-gooders were going no where near her body or her baby. As she walked through the street, with her light silver grey robe flowing about her and her matching gown revealing her growing bump, she all but glided through the street. A smile crossed her face, though to some it might appear like a sneer.

"As I live and breath Aphrodite?" she walked closer to the woman she had not seen since leaving Blackthorn in England some years ago now, "What brings you here to New Zealand old friend?"

Aphrodite was tapping her foot, and rolled her eyes impatiently as she waited for the person, and a small chill went down her back as she heard a recognizable voice, but one that she hadn't heard for years. She turned around to see a pregnant old friend of hers, and her eyes lit up for the first time in weeks. "Thorine, if it isn't in the flesh and blood. Pregnant again?" She asked, a small, genuine smile appearing across her red lips.

She walked towards her, being careful not to let her heels slip into the cracks of the cobbled ground. "Well, I took a teaching job at Hogwarts, not too long ago, but had to leave for personal reasons." Aphrodite explained, as she brushed her hair back. "Now, I just roam the streets, as a potion maker for various clients." She said, with a malicious grin. "How about you? Is this not your second pregnancy?" She asked, curiously, eagerness in her eyes. It was nice to catch up with a friend. As a Death Eater, it was difficult to find a real friend, and Aphrodite had considered Thorine as much of a friend as a Death Eater could trust the other.

The years had been very kind to Aphrodite she still looked stunning as always. Thorine briefly wondered if she were concocting some sort of potions to help her sustain her beauty but did not comment on her thoughts aloud.
"Second pregnancy, good grief no. This is my third actually. I have a boy and girl already" and had just found out what the baby inside her would be also. A knowing secret smile played across her mouth. She would most certainly have to meet with Asparuh soon.

Somehow she did not like the idea of the only female friend she had, if that was what Aphrodite could be called wondering the streets like some kind of vagabond. She was a DE for crying out loud, where was her self respect. The woman was one of the best potion makers that Thorine had ever known.

"I hope they are at least respectable clients" she said her smile falling just short of a sneer, respectable of course to Thorine meaning no mixed bloods whatsoever.

"Are you finished up for the day?" not having anything else to be rushing home for as her other two children were being well cared for, Thorine felt like enjoying the company of someone other than a house elf or a child or a squib for that matter. Arnost of course was a different matter but he was busy and would not be at the house at this time.

Aphrodite was surprised, how much had she missed? She decided it would be best to keep her mouth shut about her own pregnancy; well, the pregnancy she wasn't sure that existed or not. She could easily get the results immediately, but for the first time she was scared to see if she was pregnant or not. She knew that being a Death Eater, she probably wouldn't be able to raise her child 'normally', though none the less, she would love it no matter what.

"Wow, you've kept yourself busy." Aphrodite joked, hoping Thorine wouldn't actually take any offense to that. She tooked a look around one last time, and sighed. He wasn't going to show, and she didn't really care. "Well, he is a nobody, which is why I went to him. Since he isn't going to show, he won't get my business, and I'll ensure he'll pay for being late." Aphrodite said maliciously. She'd make sure he never got any business ever again. Though the normal response would be to kill him, torture him to the least, she was feeling kind, for once.

"I'm done for the day, would you like to go and get something to eat?" She asked kindly. She hadn't had a normal conversation, that wasn't faked in a long time. Probably the last time that she'd seen Thorine. With the thought that Thorine was pregnant again, Aphrodite couldn't help but think of her own stomach, as she felt a little queasiness come up. Lowering her voice to a near whisper, she confided to her friend, somewhat embarassed, "Is motherhood worth it? I think I may be expecting sooner than I'd want." She kept her eyes intense, but she was very scared of her future, especially since the father was still a student.

Thorine felt the way of sudden anger hit her hard, this usually happened during this pregnancy and by now she could tell the signs very well. She concentrated hard attempting while Aphrodite spoke to link with her unborn childs mind and quieten the rage that seemed to build within. She did not know what possessed her baby to behave this way and the midwife had also been at a loss, never before had she come up against a pregnancy that almost corrupted the mother. Not that Thorine had needed much in the way of corruption but all the midwife could say on the matter was the child was positively evil. Thorine's reaction to that had of course been to send the vile woman sprawling like a wet cloth up against the wall. Evil her child may be but that was no reason to say it out loud. The child had not had the best start had it, conceived as it had been. There were no feelings lost between the childs parents, who could careless if one survived or the other died.

She smiled realizing that Aphrodite had been speaking all the while but now that her child was finally quiet she turned her full attention to her old friend.
"I think the restuarant down here is good enough actually" she indicated the way, smiling when her old friend told her of her own possible news.

"Ah motherhood most definitely worth it but make sure you get a reputable nanny" she warned her as she turned to walk in the direction of the Poison Ater presuming that Aphrodite would join her.

Aphrodite hadn't fully noticed that Thorine was slightly distracted, for her old friend was doing a great job of hiding it. "Yes, let's go to the Poison Ater. Though, I think that in good sports, I'll get myself a non-alcoholic beverage as well." She winked to the pregnant Death Eater. As she was headed to the restaurant, being led by Thorine. It was nice to let loose a little, and not have to be on guard one hundred percent of the time. Though she was very aware of her surroundings, she could feel more relaxed with Thorine, as opposed to another Death Eater, or a random stranger. She hadn't even been in this state of relaxation with Yakov, on the night they met.

"How old are your two other children?" Aphrodite inquired curiously, as she just approached the restaurant. She could hear the echoing of their steps in the cobbled alleyway behind them, and found it oddly quiet in Bleak Street, but shook it off. They were both well-taught in the Dark Magic and could protect themselves should anything pop out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back