Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Dear Sapphire,

Hi Sapph how are you? I don't write lots of letters so if I spell something wrong just ignore it. I am near Brightstone at the moment but I will be going home soon, so if you want to hang out we should do it this week or next week. I am missing you. I can't write much because I'm in the post office but I promis I will send a longer letter next time. Please send your owl back. I am paying for this one and it's looking at me really mean.

Love
Mervyn x

Sapphire sat in the window of her room. She had her headphones in, listening to a new CD, when she was startled by a strange owl. She blinked at the thing, surprised. Who in the world...? It hooed impatiently at her. She shook her head, gently removing the letter from it's leg. She didn't recognize the handwriting. The owl hooed again. She looked up at it. "I... Ah, do you want a treat?"

She had barely finished speaking when the strange owl screeched and took off in a huff of feathers. Sapph threw an arm up to cover her eyes, and when she lowered it again she was greeted with an indignant looking Stone sitting in on her leg instead. She laughed. "Bit jealous are we?" She asked the owl. He turned his head away, ignoring her.

She shook her head, smiling. She opened the letter and began to read. Aw. This is sweet. Who...? She saw the name at the bottom of the letter and her heart nearly stopped. She turned bright red. Mervyn? Missing you? Love? She couldn't help but smile. She hopped out of the window and hurried to her dresser, startling Stone. Before long she was sitting cross-legged on her bed, scribbling furiously.

Merv,

I'm not any good at the letter thing. You can ask Nyx. He always sends these essays on his life- I swear, I learn more about the idiot through letters than I do being with him.

I'm bored out of my skull here. I'm really tempted to go and see you. Should've asked me before I left. As it is I promised this old man in town I'd help him at his dumb store over break. Remember my Ravenclaw? She won't let me be either. I'm supposed to go over to her dumb Inn and help her with some dumb project. Where do you live? I'm stuck here... Maybe you could swing by Kira's place? I'm there a bunch anyway. I could try to get away early... Kira didn't even know I existed until we ended up at school. How long will you be there?

Not like I miss you or nothin'. That's a lie. This is harder than writing to Onyx. I'll make you a deal. I'll ignore the spelling if you ignore that I'm an idiot. So just... Hurry and write back so I don't die of boredom. Yeah?

The owl is Stone. Onyx named him. Ignore the pun. Careful, he's got an attitude. Leave it to me to buy the sarcastic bird.

I miss your stupid face.

Sapphire

Dear Sapphire,

Sorry this is written on the back of a menu, I couldn't find anything else in my room to write on. I'm staying at [address] until the 5th of August. It's kind of boring here as well but the shops are OK - I got you a present because I forgot to get you something for your birthday (sorry). I know it was ages ago but I wanted to get you something anyway. You'll have to wait and see what it is but I think you'll like it. I can defan definatly (I don't know how to spell that haha) come to Kira's, maybe at the weekend? If your going to be there then. Don't worry about your letter because it was much better than mine.

My face is lovely I don't know what you mean.

Love
Mervyn x

PS your owl is really nice, but my cat almost killed him so I shut the cat in the bathroom and now he's crying. Hope Stone's leg is OK.

Merv

The food looks good there. Is it decent? What is your favorite food, anyway? I really like fried chicken and french fries. Not that I have them very often. Still good though. Have you ever tried peanut butter cinnamon cookies? They're delicious. Ugh, going off on food. This is what happens when you send me a menu.

Moving on. Don't worry about my birthday, loony. Until school started no one's ever bothered with it. If Onyx wasn't around I still wouldn't bother with it. If I cared you forgot I would have said so when you didn't mention it when you helped me with Onyx's chess set. Speaking of birthdays though, when's yours? Besides, I'd like anything if it was from you.

I think Kira knows. About you- er, us, something. Apparently blushin' like a cherry and reading a menu is suspicious. What do I tell her? Should I tell her? What would I even say? I'm not really good at this am I?

Don't mind me. Maybe I'm loony. Talking to you is hard- I thought letters would be easier but I still

Kira's Inn is only a fifteen minute drive- I can get there in an hour if I'm not already. Just... Show up, yeah?

Also, you have a cat?

Sapph

Ps I sorta do like your face

Dear Sapph,

The food is OK, I haven't tried much but the soup is good and the waitress brings me extra rolls for free. Peanut butter is disgusting, I don't think we can go out with each other any more. And I dunno what cinnamon is.

I just asked Leda what cinnamon is (I'm at work) and she says it's tree bark? Why would you put tree bark in your cookies? Anyway I forgot to answer your question. I like anything with chocolate in it (no tree bark).

I already bought your present now so you'll have to take it. My birthday was last month but I was sick in bed all day that day which is why I never saw you. Don't worry though, I don't want anything. You can tell Kira we're going out, if you want, but only if you want. It's not really a secret I just don't want Onyx to think I only asked you out because of him. I can't come until Saturday because I'm busy but I'll see you then : )

Yes I have a cat, she comes to school with me but she doesn't like me very much so I never see her unless she wants something or if she gets cold and then I usually find her in my bed.

Love
Mervyn x

Merv

More peanut butter for me then. Cinnamon is a spice, you cave troll. Try it before you insult it please. :) Chocolate? Like fudge? Kira made some this morning but I couldn't try it for her. Cavity. Help me out? Share with Leda.

How is Leda? I'm still mad at myself for that stupid Quidditch match. Does she know we're dating? How's work?

Since your birthday was last month I'll trade you presents when you get it. Saturday seems forever away though.

I think the stupid Ravenclaw already knows. She found me this morning and said, "You smile like a fool half the time Stone shows up." And then she proceeded to ask a hundred questions, every one about you.

As for the Onyx thing... If you haven't grown bored with me by the end of the summer I might have an idea.

Sapph

(A little box with six pieces of fudge comes with Stone.)

Dear Sapphire,

Thank you for the fudge, it was amazing. I might have forgot to share with Leda but she'll never know. Kira is a good cook, please say thank you to her from me. Leda is good just busy as well. She knows we're going out because I told her accidently the other day so don't worry about Kira knowing. I'm glad my letters make you smile : )

OK I won't send any more letters until Saturday. I really want to see you again, this week is going on forever.

Love
Mervyn xx

Stone arrives, looking for Mervyn. He seems upset. The note he has has a hint of dried blood in the corner.

Merv

Not this weekend. Somethings come up. Sorry. Next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back