Runaway

Ezra couldn't believe the time. He hadn't spent so much time with one person since he was a teenager and actually had girlfriends. What he had shared with Lyra was so unusual but at the same time was the most at peace he had been for a long time. What was funny was that Lyra seemed so surprised with how he had been, no doubt she had gained a certain perception of him due to being so close with his brother but he was glad he had changed her mind. "Then I guess I'm lucky where you wanted to go was my bed," Ezra smirked as Lyra threaded her fingers through his. The later it got the more Ezra realised that sooner or later Lyra would leave, it wasn't like he could keep her there for good.

Lyra laughed at Ezra's words especially since what he said was true. She knew she had made the first move by going over to him in the bar yesterday evening, and she didn't regret it one bit. Lyra wasn't looking for any sort of commitment or deeper meaning, but she enjoyed spending time with Ezra. It was preferable to just another random hook up. "Very lucky." Lyra teased him as she kissed him lightly on his lips. "So, tell me something, Ezra Cade. Do you think we will ever see each other again?" she asked, still laying with his arm around her. The room was growing darker and darker. At some point, she would need to leave. She couldn't stay here forever, not that she wanted to, but it was almost as if being here was an escape from reality that she couldn't help but enjoy.
<i></i>

Ezra closed his eyes and kissed back when he felt Lyra's lips on his but it was only for a few seconds before he pulled away. She clearly liked to tease, something Ezra usually didn't tolerate, but he was breaking a lot of his usual rules with Lyra it seemed. When she asked him if he thought they would ever see each other again his first instinct was no, but she was a friend of his brothers so it was at the very least possible they'd run into each other. What Ezra found himself thinking was that wouldn't be enough. "Yes," He said without really thinking. The last thing Ezra wanted was to seem eager and it wasn't like his stance on relationships had changed but he had fun with Lyra, being with her felt good and easy and that wasn't a feeling he wanted to let go of anytime soon. "I hope so," He said calmly. Though he did have an idea of when they might see each other, he just wasn't sure if he should be the one to invite her. "Maybe sooner than expected,"

Lyra was a little surprised when Ezra answered her question affirmatively. She knew neither one of them was looking for a relationship, but it seemed Ezra had liked her company as well as she had liked his. She wasn’t interested in walking out the door and never seeing him again unlike so many others. Lyra propped her chin up on his chest to look at him. She reached up to stroke his hair. “Because you are going to shock your brother and come to our next mpatch?” she said, amusement lighting up her eyes at the thought of Ezra coming to a match. She was clearly joking with him as she would absolutely never expect him to be with her so publicly. “I would like to see you again for a repeat of last night or this morning or this afternoon.” she said, grinning.
<i></i>

Ezra laughed at Lyra's comment about him showing up to a game. The thought actually hadn't crossed his mind but now the idea had been put out there it was tempting. James would be suspicious of course, there was no way he'd believe he was there to see him. "It would be fun to see you in action," Ezra smirked. From what he could remember Lyra was an impressive player during her Hogwarts days and he could only image she had improved as she transitioned into the professional game. "Seeing James's face would be priceless," Ezra laughed. There seemed to be a sparkle in Lyra's eyes as she too imagined the amusing scenario that would unfold if Ezra turned up to their next game. Lyra listing their encounters and that she wouldn't mind meeting up again for a repeat of one of them it made him smirk. "How about all of the above," He grinned kissing her neck. "But actually I had something else in mind, I assume you're familiar with the annual Cade Christmas party?"

Lyra smirked at Ezra as he said it would be fun to see her in action. "Of course it would. I'm quite good. You should come and see for yourself." she said confidently. She knew she was a great player, and she wasn't shy about it. James would not like it if Ezra was there, but she didn't care. He'd get over it. Lyra's heart quickened once more at his kiss. It was obvious she had a physical connection to him, but she even enjoyed his company. "All of the above." she repeated with a wink to him. The former Gryffindor was surprised by his next words, but found herself nodding her head. "Naturally. I've been to it on several occasions when I dated James." she said, recalling the last one she went to where James and Maddie had walked in on Felix and Lyra in bed. It was not a moment she was particularly proud of, but it wasn't as if she would change it even if she could. She also recalled that it was Ezra that hosted the party at his house.
<i></i>

Ezra laughed, "Oh I remember how good you were, you were hard to miss while playing against you," Ezra hadn't been at Hogwarts long and Lyra may have been his brothers girlfriend at the time but she had still made an impression on him. Her answer about what they were to repeat didn't surprise him. If they could have as much fun the next time they met as they had the previous night and during the day he'd be a happy man, though he did wonder if such a day could ever really be repeated. "Don't remind me," Ezra scoffed. Lyra and James as a couple still didn't make sense in his head. Sure she had effectively ended things by sleeping with someone else but the fact remained, at one point she had chosen to call herself his girlfriend. "The unsettling memory of you and my brother being involved aside, being the party is an annual affair it is coming up again," Ezra needed to be careful how he worded his question, he didn't want Lyra to think he was invested in any particular answer. "You should come, maybe even as my guest or date or whatever," Ezra stroked his fingers along Lyra's temple. He wanted her to say yes of course, but if she didn't, he wouldn't show any signs of disappointment.

Lyra had almost forgotten that Ezra once attended school with her. She had been focused on James at the time and everything James said about Ezra had kept her from speaking to him. It surprised her to hear that Ezra remembered playing Quidditch against her. "Good to know I made such an impression on you." she smirked, kissing his lips lightly. She laughed as Ezra seemed disturbed by the thought of Lyra and James together. She stroked his face soothingly. "Don't worry. James and I never got this far. There was once it might have happened, but my aunt walked it." she told him, remembering how humiliating the moment had been. She had never really been interested in sleeping with James, and Aunt Cyndi only saved her from making that mistake out of her anger at Felix. Lyra grinned as Ezra invited her to the annual party. "As your date? Really?" she mused out loud. The blonde found that she didn't hate the idea. "I'd love that. Much better than being with my own family." she said, kissing him again. Last Christmas was the worst day of her life. Ezra was her drug of choice to numb that pain this year. Not that she was only going for that reason. Truthfully, she was looking forward to spending more time with Ezra. As the time to leave drew closer, she found herself wishing to leave less and less.
<i></i>

Ezra shrugged his shoulder slightly, Lyra had made an impression but what he wouldn't tell her was she wasn't the only one that had, she just happened to be the only one in his bed at that moment. Her story about almost sleeping with James only to be interrupted by her aunt. James had told him the same story, replacing aunt with Professor Kingsley, but it was even funnier coming from her. "James told me, though its never not funny," Ezra laughed. "He seemed almost relieved Kingsley walked in on you, I get the impression he would have regretted sleeping with you that night...he doesn't know what he's missing," Ezra teased. It had worked out for James in the end, he ended up saving himself for Maddie. "The parties never disappoint, though I look forward to having our own little after party once I kick everyone out," He grinned and kissed her tenderly. "What do you think James will say about you being my date?"

Lyra hit Ezra playfully on the chest as he laughed at her. "Don't laugh. It was humiliating. Thank god she never told my mother." the blonde said, shaking her head. It didn't shock her that James was relieved they didn't actually sleep together since Lyra felt the same way. It would have been a mistake. Felix was her first, and she'd never wish to change that. The former Gryffindor grinned at Ezra's comment. He was surprising her, and she found herself looking forward to seeing him again in just a few short days. "If it's anything like the last twenty four hours, it will be pleasurable to say the least. Let's just see if you can keep your hands to yourself until then." she said, kissing his jawline. Lyra thought about Ezra's question about James. She knew him well enough to know he wouldn't like it one bit. "With the way James feels about you, I'm sure he will not like it one bit. We are still close friends. I'm sure he will think it's his responsibility to protect me from his lying, manipulative brother that's only using me for one thing." she said, teasing Ezra. Of course, Lyra wasn't sure she believed any of those things anymore.
<i></i>

"If it helps I'm mostly laughing at James, though the thought of you struggling to cover yourself with a horrified look on your face is pretty funny," Ezra laughed and nudged Lyra back. "See your mum didn't find out and you didn't make the mistake of sleeping with that idiot, no harm no foul and you have a funny story to tell the grand kids," Ezra grinned at her. He was glad she seemed up for not only attending the party but going as his date and he was looking forward to seeing her again, he knew they'd have fun together. "You say that like you want me to keep my hands to yourself," Ezra smiled and kissed Lyra's shoulder and neck. The idea of James getting protective over Lyra was quite funny for Ezra, James had attempted to stand up to him a few times before and it had never ended well for him. The last time he and James argued over a girl James had ended up in the hospital wing. "I can handle James don't you worry," Ezra wouldn't let his brother ruin whatever was going on with Lyra. "So tell me Lyra, do you need protecting from James's lying, manipulative brother?" He teased.

"James practically pushed me into the floor. I think he was more ashamed than me." Lyra said as Ezra nudged her. Lyra's face when white and she tensed up as Ezra mentioned having a funny story for the grandkids. In the back of her head, she knew it was a common expression, but the thought sent terror through her. Children were not in any future for her. Thankfully, Ezra gave her the perfect opportunity for a distraction as he kissed her neck and shoulder. She relaxed into his arms again, hoping he hadn't noticed her little freak out. "Never. I never want you to keep your hands off of me." she said with a smirk as she slide closer to him under the thin sheet. Her legs tangled up in his. Lyra rolled her eyes at his last question. "Do I look like I need protecting, Ezra?" she asked, grinning at him again. "I can handle myself." she said confidently. She knew James and Ezra didn't get along, but she definitely didn't want to be the cause of any animosity between the two brothers.
<i></i>

Ezra seemed surprised that James let alone anyone would be ashamed to be found with Lyra but James was a strange guy, he always had been. For a brief moment the expression on Lyra's face seemed to change but it didn't last long enough for Ezra to really pick up on it. The response Lyra gave to his question was perfect, "Thats a promise I'm happy to make," He smirked and kissed as much of her as he could reach. "Hey don't look at me, James will be the one trying to protect you," Ezra laughed. "Besides, I know you can handle yourself, you seemed to handle me pretty well too," Ezra smirked.

Lyra grinned at Ezra’s promise to her. “I’ll be holding you to that, Ezra Cade.” she said playfully. She smirked at his joke. “Of course I can.” Lyra scoffed at him before kissing him on his mouth. After a few moments, she broke away. The sky outside was finally dark, and Lyra realized she had been with Ezra for an entire 24 hour period which was much longer than she anticipated. While she didn’t want to leave his bed, her stomach was beginning to growl. She needed food. “I really should be going, Ez.” Lyra said, untangling herself from him as she slipped out of bed and began to look around the room for the clothes she had been wearing last night.
<i></i>

Ezra smirked, "Technically I'll be the one doing the holding," The sky had turned completely dark which meant it had been an entire 24 hours that that he had been with Lyra. It wasn't what he had planned when he picked her up but he had enjoyed the outcome all the same. Lyra noticed the sky too and that seemed to signal to her that it was time to go. Ezra didn't want her to go but he couldn't tell her that. When she told him she should be going he sighed and sat up on the bed once Lyra had untangled from him. The shortened name was unexpected but he liked it and smiled in response. "I guess," He said scanning the room. He noticed her underwear on the floor at his side of the bed and reached for it. "You might need this," Ezra placed the underwear on the bed. "Your clothes came off pretty quick so they're probably by the door,"

Lyra grinned at Ezra as he handed her her underwear. "Yes. Thank you." she said, slipping it on. She slipped out of the room and grabbed her clothes by the front door. Ezra's memory had been better than hers, and Lyra returned to the bedroom where she started to get dressed. "I'm actually starving, and I'm going to go get something to eat. Would you like to come with me?" she asked, keeping her voice even as if she didn't care either way. Lyra hoped he'd come as she wasn't entirely ready to leave his company, but she gave him an easy out. She didn't want him to feel obligated.
<i></i>

Ezra sat back and watched Lyra get dressed, it was torture to see her covering up but unfortunately he knew their time together couldn't last forever. Once she returned to the bedroom to put her clothes on she told him she would be going out to get some food and asked if he wanted to join her. "Sure," Ezra said cooly climbing out of bed and getting dressed. The perk of them being at his place was he able to change into fresh clothes. "So where are we going?" He asked. Once Lyra was dressed they left his apartment and headed out into the evening air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back