Roses for a Herbology Professor

Lucia Orbon

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Curly 15" Sturdy Rowan Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Lucia had hoped it wouldn't come down to walking all the way down to the Herbology greenhouses, but she just hadn't been able to find Professor Welch in the castle earlier, so she knew this was probably the best place to find him. She walked across the lawn and over to the greenhouses, hoping she wouldn't get too dirty in her brief visit, and knocked on his door, waiting with the basket of roses behind her back so as not to spoil the surprise.

His wand ready for a possible attack from the Venomous Tentacula, Maurice waved it around to remove the dead vines still attached to the plant. Startled at the sudden knock on his door, the plant whipped him with one of its other vines. ''Ouch!'' Immobilising the plant with the freezing charm so it would be slower in its movement, the professor turned around to the door and opened it. He smiled at young student standing in from of him. ''Miss Orbon.'' He said happily. ''How can I help you?''

Lucia frowned slightly as she heard faint commotion from the other side of the door and was considering knocking again to see if everything was okay, but thankfully it didn't have to come to that as Professor Welch opened the door which must've meant it probably wasn't anything to worry about. She was pleasantly surprised to be addressed by name from the professor since he taught the older years, but she smiled brightly at it. Eduardo had always been close to the Herbology professor during his time here so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to her that Professor Welch know who she was. "Hello Professor," she greeted him with newfound fondness. "Are you okay? I thought I heard something?" For some reason, Lucy's cheeks went pink, as she suddenly didn't want the Professor to think she was eavesdropping. "Sorry - I have a rose for you!" she blurted out instead, holding out her basket of roses from behind her back and smiling. "This one's for you," she said, pulling out a yellow one and handing it over to him with a nervous smile.
Maurice,

You're an awesome friend and roommate! I love that I've met someone so like minded and fun to be around, and I'm looking forward to more years as friends!

Jon

Maurice waved the girl's concern off and smiled at her. ''Nothing to worry about, just working on something for the seventh years at the moment.'' He replied. His smile widened when Lucia pulled a yellow rose out of the basket and took it from her. ''Thank you very much,'' Maurice said, unfolding the note to read what had been written inside of it. Jon had been a great friend to him ever since the two of them met, and for that, he was grateful, especially since he eventually let the professor move in with him. Maurice made a mental note reminding himself to stop by the professor's office later today to thank him for the rose. ''Again, thank you very much, miss Orbon.'' He said, looking back up at the girl. ''Say, you wouldn't by any chance know how Eduardo is doing, would you?'' Maurice asked. He hadn't heard from his other friend in a while, so hoped that maybe she could tell him about the former Astronomy professor.

Lucy smiled as everything seemed okay with the Herbology professor and he opened his rose. As he thanked her again for the rose by addressing her as 'miss Orbon' Lucy shook her head and said, "You can call me Lucia, sir," with a smile. "Or Lucy! Whichever you prefer," she added quickly. As he asked about Eduardo Lucy smiled slightly at him. "Hmm, the last I heard of him he had gone back to Cuba I think?" she said, not too sure. "I don't know if it was permanent or not though, sorry," she said apologetic for not being able to offer more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back