Roses and a friend maybe

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Note: this is set BEFORE Angela got into any trouble

Angela walked through the grounds, not really going anywhere in particular. it was a beautiful, but chilly day out, and she wished she had worn another shirt. She hadn't really ever been out in cold weather, since back home she stayed inside all the time; so she didn't know what 'dress appropriately' meant. So instead of bundling up like most people would, she only wore a brown dress and brown boots. She was glad she had decided against open-toed shoes at least.

As she walked through the lawn, she saw something that caught her attention. She made her way through the grass, over to possibly the most beautiful thing she had ever seen; a rosebush. She had seen roses before, but this was different, these were more vivid, more real. She delicately leaned down and sniffed one, careful not to touch the scarlet petals. It would be dying soon, and she knew it. The wind rustled through the leaves, and her hair, causing her to shiver a bit. She probably wouldn't be so cold if she had someone there to converse with. Someone to take her mind off the wind...

Jareth had discovered his 'secret' only a few days prior.
He was in fact part goblin. But he wasn't the only one in the school- Artemis was one too.
Jareth, who was feeling more confident about his identity, decided to take a stroll by the lakefront.
He made sure to wear something warm and set off on his walk.

As Jareth moved towards the lakefront, he noticed another girl.
She was sniffing the roses.
Jareth walked towards her, his hands in his pockets and his eyes focussed, almost smiling.
"Hello," he said cheerfully once he was close to the girl. "Lovely day, isn't it?"
The icy breeze hammered at Jareth's face.

Angela shivered as another blast of wind hit her. She needed warmer cloths, maybe she would write to Sarah about it. That's when she heard the voice, though it was cheery it still gave her the creeps. She turned to see the boy who had spoke and nodded in agreement. "A bit chilly though.

She looked him over, from his light blond hair, to his short stature. He didn't look familiar, but still had that air of familiarity. She shrugged in her mind, she had probably seen him around the school somewhere. Then she noticed that he was smarter then her, he was dressed warmly. She attempted a big grin, but her teeth chattered a little.

"I'm Angela." She said politely, always introducing herself to people she met.

"I'm Jareth." He smiled, noticing Angela's teeth were chattering slightly.
"You must be freezing." Jareth said, wanting to take off his thick jumper to give to her.
Jareth hated people to be cold in his presence.. Especially since what he was made him feel a little uneasy.

He had felt Angela's eyes on him. Jareth knew most people would notice he was shorter than most first years and, sadly, this was as tall as Jareth would be getting.
His mind told him to stay quiet but Jareth's heart roared to him. He had to be brave now. He could no more help being part goblin than muggle-borns could help having magical abilities.
"I'm part goblin." Jareth said, his eyes not making contact with Angela's at first. "And if you don't like it," he looked up at this point, "Then that's your own problem."

She smiled when he introduced herself. Maybe he wasn't going to be as mean as he looked. When his eyes met hers she looked to the ground. But when he spoke her eyes immediately shot back to his. Part goblin? she had never heard of being part goblin. Stupidly she said. "I don't see how i could have a problem with you being part-goblin, when i have no clue what that means."

Sure she had heard of goblins, but how could you be part goblin? But now that she thought about it, it made sense. After all, even at her new height of 5'1", he was still a lot shorter then her. She wondered if he shrunk, or was always that small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back