Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Unyielding Holly Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
((Pink rose, open after Daphne))

Thankfully, Tomas knew the next person on the list and, rather than shouting her name out loud, headed over to the Ravenclaw table to see if she was by any chance there. ''Hey Sophie, I've got a rose here for you,'' the Gryffindor said as he approached the Head Girl. ''Looks like you've got yourself an admirer,'' he added, pointing his index finger at the pink rose in his bucket. ''Want to guess who it is?''

Sophie didn't expect much from Valentine's day this year. It would be her last year of seeing everyone running around and delivering roses, but she didn't really expect to get any. Maybe one from Caro, as she had sent her friend one too. She had sent Gabriel one as well, but hadn't signed it. She figured that this small act wouldn't have any consequences, but it was the closest she was likely to get to admitting anything to him. So when Tomas stopped at the Ravenclaw table and started to talk to her, Sophie was surprised, and a little annoyed. His words made her freeze, and she looked at the pink rose and then at his face. A faint blush spread over her cheeks, and she held out her hand. "I believe it's your job to give it to me, not ask me stupid questions." She said. "Did you read the note?" She added, wondering if he was implying that he had.

He handed her the pink rose and shrugged at the response. ''By the fact that you haven't answered me yet, I thinking that you might have an inkling of who it's from, don't you?'' Tomas replied. ''Of course I read it,'' he said, deciding that he would tease her about it to see if she would blush even more. ''It was very, very cute.''

Dear Sophie

I loved dancing with you at the Yule Ball. I hope you go to the valentines dance with me?

And be my valentine?

-Gabriel

Sophie glared at Tomas, wondering why he was being so annoying about this. "I don't." She snapped, "if you need to know." She looked at the pink rose, her heart beating quickly. What she truly thought this was was a prank, and Tomas wasn't helping matters. She got to her feet when he said he read it. "What?!" She said loudly. "You read the note?" She held the note close, but kept it folded for now, too occupied with this new information. She glared at him. "That's private!" She wanted to read it, but wouldn't do that in front of him.

He backed away from Sophie when she got to her feet. ''Oh yeah, it was really emotional. I think I almost cried when I read it,'' the Gryffindor said with a smirk, obviously exaggerating because he didn't know what the note said at all. ''You may want to consider your opinion of this person, to be honest. It was really soppy,'' he continued. ''Anyway, I've got to go, good luck with that.'' the boy nodded at the note in her hand.

Sophie was infuriated by this breach in privacy, at least... until Tomas went on. His tone made it clear to her that he hadn't actually read it, especially when he didn't mention a name. Annoyed with herself for falling for such a stupid joke, she scowled. "Whoever put you in charge of this is clearly stupid!" She snapped at him, then turned away without acknowledging him further. She finally opened the note, and froze when she saw who it was from. Her cheeks, already pink from this ordeal, flushed a bright red. Oh. Gabriel had really sent her a rose, and he wanted to go to the ball with her. It was almost impossible to believe. Sophie wondered vaguely if this wasn't some sort of prank, but it was too specific. Nobody knew she liked him, right? She stared at the note in shock, trying to comprehend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back