Romance and Death

Sellina De Graaf

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 inches Blackthorn wand with Unicorn hair core
Lina sat at the bench swing on their rented cottage house near Brightstone village trying to read a book she'd read a thousand times. Their nanny seems to have gone crazy as she yelled her brother's name again. What have he done again? Lina rolled her eyes as she closed her book and stood up from the bench. The teenager have seen this ridiculousness since their nanny was hired 7 years ago, the same time they were adopted. Sellina closed her eyes and took a deep breath and then opened one eye when the screen door opened. Her little sister, adopted 3 years after, was peaking by the screen door. "Zosia, what's wrong?" Lina asked in Frisian, another language used in The Netherlands. The little girl came running to her as their nanny came running out with a wand, "Madame, your sister ze doezn't want to eat 'er breakfast." Their nanny explained.

Sellina looked at their nanny nonchalantly and walked out with Zosia. She wants to hex the old witch so many times but can't as finding a witch nanny is pretty much a work load. It's not like Mary Poppins will just appear out of nowhere. "Would you like to go to the park?" She asked her little sister. Zosia nodded and Sellina took her there. She let her play at the playground while she took a bench near it to keep an eye on her. With her book with her, she continued to read a poem by Edgar Allan Poe, one of her favorite authors of all time.

Ewan liked going to the park in the Brightstone weekends. It made him forget how busy he sometimes was with homework and especially now with the exams being soon. The Ravenclaw boy had studied extra hard for them this year, he wanted to make his father and sister proud with the progress he made this, and last, semester. But today the only thing Ewan wanted to do was to relax and not think about the exams for the first day in weeks. So with that thought in his mind, and with a book under his arm the boy made his way to the Brightsone village and eventually to the park. He expected there to be more people than two people since it was a pretty beautiful day so far, but much his surprise there wasn't. Ewan sat down on a bench opposite of the girl who was reading a book, opened his book and turned to the page he left and began to read, looking over his book at the girl every now and then, trying to figure out what she was reading.

The Fall morning breeze was yet to be felt as the sun shine brightly at the park. Thankfully, she was wearing her beach hat, to cover her face in case the sun started beating her skin. Lina kept looking at her sister every now and then to make sure no one bother her or bully her. Her expression the same, her poker face seems to be her trademark since she was a child. It was as if her happiness has been sucked from her. "Voorzichtig, Zosia!" Lina shouted to her little sister who was about to do the monkey bars. Though, having a resting b*tch face, like others would tell her, she's loving to her siblings and would look out after them if they make a mess. "Zosia, always be careful or Ma and Pa will not let you go outside again." She reminded her. Lina's Dutch accent thick despite not being a Dutch, she and her brother had to learn the accent to keep their identity.

Making sure her sister is okay, Sellina went back to her book and began to be engross on one of the poem she's reading. Minutes past, Sellina felt someone looking at her and when she can't help but be annoyed, she said, "You know, it's not polite to look at someone like that. They will think you're planning something bad to them." She flipped another page and continued to read the next poem. "Creepy." Lina muttered under her breath in Dutch. Surely whoever is looking at her doesn't speak Dutch. She just hope so.

Ewan turned to page 32 when he heard the girl on the other bench speak in a weird language. The Ravenclaw stopped reading and repeated the word in his head now that he was curious to know in what kind of language the girl opposite of him spoke in. He didn't know it and had never heard it before. Ewan squinted his eyes in the hope that it was going to help him figure out in what language the girl spoke to the little girl - though he failed because he couldn't recongnize it at all. Not able to recongnize it, Ewan continued reading his father's copy of 'Theft of Swords', which turned out to be quite a nice read. Ewan looked up as he heard a voice and saw that it was coming from the girl on the other bench.''Funny you think i was looking at you.'' Ewan said with a small smile. Normally he wouldn't say something like this, especially not to a girl, but she thought he was looking at her when he was actually looking at her book to see if he knew it or not.

Sellina looked up from her book to the person who she assume, is looking at her. Then she tried looking for other people within the vicinity but no one was there besides her, her sister and the guy sitting across from her. Looking back at the guy, Sellina smiled sarcastically. "Surely you're not looking at the cover of my book ..." She trailed off while she closed her book and raised it a little and faced the guy with the title in bold big letters. It read 'The Essential Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe'. "Not everyone appreciates good writing now a days, so, I assume you're looking at me." Even wizarding children had been slave by the muggle world's social media, all of her friends have all the means of electronics, thank Merlin they can live without them while in school.

The teenager then notice he has a book too but couldn't quite make out the title. He looks decent enough not to be a pervert but then again, you never know. Lina searched for Zosia again with her eyes and found her sitting by some rose bushes. She shook her head and was about to go back to her reading when she remembered the guy peeking on her. "Oh and stop peeking at people, it's kind of creepy. You could have ask the title of my book nicely ... if that was really you're looking at." She finally said and went back to her book. This time raising the book on her face, revealing much more of the title on the front.

Ewan smiled at the girl when she replied back. ''I actually was.'' he said while reading the title. He had never read anything from Edgar Allan Poe but knew that his father liked reading something from the man from time to time. The boy grinned when she said she'd assume he was looking at her rather than her book. ''Well most people don't read much nowadays.'' Ewan told her while he finished reading another page of Theft of Swords and looked at the girl again. He was still a bit curious to know in what language she spoke ealier and now that they were talking, thought that it'd be smart to ask it now. ''Hey, so, ehh.. J-just out of curiosity, what language were you speaking in earlier? I have never heard it before.'' The Ravenclaw asked hoping she wouldn't mind him asking this. At what the girl told him next he shook his head slightly and chuckled whilst whispering something to himself.

She could feel her cheeks burning when she heard the guy's answer, nonetheless, it's still creepy. Sellina cleared her throat, book still on her face, covering her embarrassment. "Yeah, right." She muttered. Sick of every guys pick up lines. She continued to read on until the guy asked her about her dialect which surprised her and at the same time relived that he can't understand whatever she just muttered. Sellina pulled down her book and closed it, placing it beside her on the bench. "Dutch ... I was speaking Dutch. I guess you've never met anyone up north except English people?" She answered. And she guess too that not many from The Netherlands come to this little island. Sellina is already bored and tired of just sitting around, the only place they can go is within the wizarding world and there are not much to see here.

from the left corner of her eye she could tell Zosia is coming up and got surprise when she came up to the guy and gave him roses. How in the world did she got the roses? Sellina thought to herself, there were thorns in the flower. "Zosia, what did I tell you about strangers?" Lina asked the little kid. She just rolled her eyes when the kid looked and smiled at her. "By the way, why are you asking? Are you a spy of some sort because I have rights too. And I could hex you if you are one, I have one mean dueling skill so yeah." Lina wasn't scaring the guy but she is good at dueling. She frowned though when for the first time she's talking to a guy, a real conversation with a guy. One nerdy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back