OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Daniel wasn't looking forward to the school year being over. He didn't really want to go back home and have to face his Dad again. It was wonderful having his sister, Samantha, at school, even though they didn't really see each other. He had come down to the lake to think about how he was going to cope over the holidays, since Sam and himself weren't allowed to tell their youngest sister about magic. To pass the time while he thought, he began to balance rocks on top of each other. He didn't realise how long he had been doing until he found himself building a third tower. He stopped and grinned at them. How funny that even while being surrounded by magical, he was still doing stuff without it.

Emma had been bored, as all Iris was making her do these days was study for the exams. She knew it was necessary, but she also knew it was boring. SO Emma was now avoiding her sister a bit by going outside to the lake. She had half a mind to jump into the water, but knew it was probably pretty cold by now so she didn't. Instead, she spotted a boy who was making a tower of rocks. Emma paused, then skipped over to him. "What are you doing?" She asked, recognizing him from her classes. "Are you trying to build the highest tower? Bet I could beat you."

Daniel looked up at the sound of a voice. He grinned at the sound of a competition."You're on!" He motioned to the ground in front of him."Daniel," he said, holding his hand out."I've seen you in class." He felt that meeting people in his classes was the only way he met people. And he didn't even really get close to them, since they had to work."Have you made rock towers before?" he asked, half hoping she hadn't. He liked the idea of a challenge, beating someone who had experience, but also liked the idea of teaching someone something new.

Emma grinned happily as the boy immediately accepted her challenge. She shook his hand. "I'm Emma." She said, nodding. "I've seen you too." She informed him. Emma shrugged when the boy asked if she had made rock towers before. "Yeah, loads." She lied, starting to gather rocks. But when she started building, she realized quickly that it wasn't as easy as she had thought. The rocks didn't really want to stack, and they kept falling. "With different rocks, though." She said hurriedly.

Daniel grinned when Emma said that she had made rock towers before."Not many people have. I find it's a nice pass time." He pulled down the towers he had already made, and began to find a nice rock for his base. Emma seemed to be having trouble, and said that she normally used different rocks. He laughed."Yes, it's hard using new rocks. These ones are a lot rougher than the ones I use at home." He began to stack his rocks slowly, hoping to give Emma some time.

Emma regretted her lie a little as the boy seemed happy to hear she liked making it too. "Well, I have once or twice." She admitted, which was a lot more truthful. She looked over at what the boy was doing, and then tried to copy him by using a larger one for the base. This time, it went a little better. "So do you do this when you're bored, then?" She asked him, as the boy had said it was a nice way to pass the time.

Daniel laughed and nodded."It's a strange hobby, but yeah. It's a nice distraction from stuff." He didn't really want to get into why he had was doing it today, so answered briefly."Most often in the bush near my house, but it's kinda hard to find nice rocks there. Do you have a favourite spot for rocks?" He hadn't thought about the fact the reason Emma was struggling because she hadn't really done it before.

Emma was slowly growing bored with the rocks, and wondered why the boy thought they were so interesting. She shrugged, tossing one in the air and catching it again. "Distraction from what, like... homework?" She asked him. "Oh, not really." She said as he asked if she had a favorite spot for rocks. "This isn't exactly my hobby." She added, wrinkling her nose. "What's the tallest rock tower you've ever built?"

Daniel shrugged. He didn't really want to express his annoyance towards his Dad to a new person."Uh, yeah... Homework sometimes." He chuckled when she said that rock tower building wasn't her hobby."My sisters think I'm crazy for doing it." He thought about the question."Maybe fifteen rocks high? But a lot of them were big rocks, so that made it easier."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back