Review Time

Sophia watched expressionless as Professor Manteia checked both her and Bruin's wands for prior spells. When asked if Bruin needed to join her in his office she blinked her golden eyes, considering. If Bruin were to come he could at least hear and understand what had happened. However, this was her fault, and she did not want Professor Manteia to think Bruin had any hand in setting the fire. The only thing he had done was make her mad, which was not a crime.

"No Professor, I do not think it is necessary for Bruin to join us." After saying that Sophia shot Bruin a glance in an attempt to let him know she would explain later.

Professor Manteia assessed Sophia's response and gave the Gryffindor boy a slow, appraising look. He could not yet ascertain what role the boy had in this incident, but knew where to find him if need be. "Very well. Please gather your things and meet me in my office." Professor Manteia commanded before leaving. <i></i>

"Yes Professor," Sophia said compliantly and watched him leave. She then turned to Bruin with an apologetic look before beginning to pack her things up. What a mess she thought to herself, wishing she could go back in time and not get angry, or better yet have been born to a different father.

Bruin caught Sophia's glance and was relieved that he would not have to face Manteia, although he couldn't help but feel kind of cowardly for not at least going with Sophia for moral support. However, it was evident that she did not want him to go and he was learning that it didn't pay to upset her.

Bruin waited until Professor Manteia was out of earshot. "Listen, I'm sorry...are you sure you don't want me to come? I will if you need me to.", Bruin stated sincerely.

Sophia looked up at Bruin with a blank expression. "You can come with me, but I want to be the only one in Professor Manteia's office. I just...I don't want you to get in trouble for this. I promise I will explain later." With a short, soft smile Sophia looked away from Bruin and picked up her messenger bag, slinging it over her right shoulder and across her torso. With a flip of her long black hair she turned and swiftly left the Library.

Bruin stood firmly rooted to the spot as Sophia gathered up her things. He had no idea what purpose it would serve for him to walk with her to Professor Manteia's office and decided he needed a change of clothes and to go and clean up a little. "Oh, alright...I'll talk to you later then, I guess. Good luck with Manteia.", he managed as Sophia headed off.

Bruin packed up his own stuff more slowly, trying to make some sense of what had just happened. He was beginning to think that he should just keep his mouth shut for awhile as it seemed to keep getting him in trouble. Bruin took a quick look around to make sure he hadn't left anything and that no one was watching what had just occurred, sighed deeply, and trudged off to Gryffindor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back