Revenge for the Fallen

Abathyn Dalmoir

Her feet pattered over the wet concrete, through puddles, dodging broken glass. The dark alleyway seemed ominous, but to Abathyn it meant something more. Revenge, that sweet word which cropped up into every aspect of Abathyn's life. She was followed by Izaak, the one that had done so much for her poor, insane cousin. The pair were looking for someone, the one that, in Abathyn's eyes, was to blame for everything. Coming towards a bend, Abathyn held her breath. She had found him here before, now to find him again. Abathyn wasn't scared of the dark, the unknown. She thrived in these environments. Wisps of her brown hair blew from underneath her hooded sweater in the strong wind, even stronger now that they had reached the place, the darkest part of the alley.

She pushed her hair out of her face and glared at the man who dared to cross her path. Fingering her wand delicately, Abathyn chuckled, noting Izaak next to her. "Adam. How nice to see you. Let's hope you are not as foolish as you were last time." She pulled back her hood for him to see her properly, feeling less than silly for the way she was behaving. It wasn't like she hadn't been through this before, and this time she had backup.

"Out of my way. I'm done with you all." Adam said smoothly. He tried to get past, but was stopped. He looked them in the face and gripped his wand. If he was going to have to use it he would do so. It wans't like he was inexperienced with dueling. However one thing marked him as troublesome. There were two aganst him this time. "Leave me be Abathyn. You also Izaak." Adam sneered. He smiled then stepped back about three steps. Not big steps and not small steps, but regular. Just to put enough distance between them.

It was odd though. Here he found himself wandering the same street and again the meneces from hell show up. He knew they wanted him dead. He knew they would stop at nothing to make life misrable for him. All because he got a young girl pregnant. She didn't know what she was doing they said. She was only a youth they said. However they were much to ignorant to believe in the love that the two had. Well, the lost love.

"Reducto!" Adam shouted as he pointed his wand at Abathyn. His aim was dead on and he was almost positive he wouldn't miss. However, he jumped back in prepare for a counter just in case.

This series of events had been a long time coming; Melodie’s pregnancy, her upset at the altar, her torturing, it all came down to the man he planned to confront tonight. He and Abathyn, never having been described as the closest of friends, were united in this mission though and had made plans to seek him after dark. But as the afternoon pressed on, as did the sullen evening, Izaak had found himself wishing he could just stay in bed with his fiancée instead and bring some sense to Adam some other time. But he had been spared for too long, and poor Melodie deserved her justice. So he graced Alexis’ cheek with a gentle kiss and smiled to himself briefly as she reached for his pillow in his absence from the cocoon of sheets before hesitantly digging his dusty wand out from the bottom of a drawer and stepping outside to apparate into the dark alley Abathyn had told him to meet her at.

Together they strode down the shadowed alley with an air of confidence about them, knowing that two-on-one they were sure to reign victoriously. Even if Izaak was a little rusty on the magic, he had the body strength where Abathyn could take the more complex hexes, should there be any. They stepped around a corner and before him, the brunette woman tensed. Did she see something Izaak couldn’t? The young man strained his neck to catch a better look and before he knew it the man they both loathed with a passion was sneering before them. Izaak found the cheek to snort degradingly at the demand he had made; he was not going to leave Adam be, not until he understood what he had done to his friend. An incantation was shouted as he jutted his wand towards Abathyn and Izaak knew that it was only his lightning fast reactions that would save him now. “Protego!” He exclaimed as he jumped in front of Melodie’s cousin, blocking the offending spell with a thrust of his own wand. Confident that he could still master the basics, Izaak smirked over at the slightly older man before his boiling hatred began to fuel his body. “Do you even give a sh*t about what she’s going through because of you?!” He scowled as his azure eyes flashed, wild and dangerous in their burning shade of blue.

(Since silver is a bit hard to read, I won't do that xD)

As Izaak blocked the attack he replied to what he had said, "I used to. I truly used to Mr. Finch." Adam said calmly dropping his wand to his side. He started to walk backward a few steps. "However since you two have decided to keep me from her, I don't give a d*mn about the girl. Nor you two for that matter. My life can flow on without her. You guys don't want me to see my own kids. Actually those are the only 2 people I wouldn't mind seeing." Adam ranted on not caring if Izaak or Abathyn wanted to here him talk. He then took a step forward and his expression changed from smiles to a death glare. "I will see them. Infact I mean to try and take custody over them. If you try to stop me, I will take my revenge." Adam said, shifting his eyes from Izaak to Abathyn. He pointed his wand at Izaak and shouted, "Rudecto!" Then a second later he pointed it at Abathyn and shouted, "Reducto!" He again jumped back in prepare for a counter attack. "You guys better let me leave!"

"Oh, I will not let you be. Why, do you think you deserve it?" Abathyn taunted, the glinting of her dark eyes unseen in this light. Duelling in the dark was dangerous, something Abathyn remembered from the demise of Jaimee's father. Staring straight at him, Abathyn's cloak hung loosely over her shoulders, flowing to just above the dirty ground. The black fabric rippled as another gust of wind arrived. The wind distracted her, brought her back to memories of grief and loss, just as Adam cast his spell. She looked away from the blankness of the sky, so quickly that her neck clicked, raising her wand of willow. "Thanks." she muttered to Izaak, cheeks warming as she irritatedly reminded herself to pay attention to the present. This was for Melodie, and Abathyn was not going to give up. She stepped in front of Izaak and smiled menacingly. "Did you know what would happen? She's been through too much, far too much for someone of her age." she directed at Adam, preparing the grip on her wand, and her head, for a counter-attack. Protego. she thought, blocking both spells quickly, and silently. Abathyn definately preferred non-verbal magic, but she didn't have it sussed for all her spells yet. "Impedimentia." she called, all the time glaring at Adam hatefully. She was certain that it would get him, and chuckled as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Give it up. Why would we let you leave when there's business to settle?" Abathyn was obviously enjoying herself now.

Adam noticed the spell heading for him, but with his back turned to them he could not get his wand out fast enough. The Impediment Charm directly hit him and he was suddenly slowed down. It was as if every bone and muscle in his body was in slow motion. HE could not go any faster than .1 MPH. His face wore a look of terror as he had got too cocky and now it was his turn to face magic spells and such. However there was one problem with that. He was not going to be able to block them. Surely they wouldn't kill him. However he didn't know. THey hated him so much they were bound to kill him sometim or another.

Adam was to frightened to even speak. He was speachless at how they caught him off guard. Impossible, Adam thought to himself. They had actually caught him. He sowly attempted to raise his wand and utter a spell. However the words or magic would not come out. He was doomed to suffer. He was doomed to pain. They had actually caught him and now he would pay as they thought for what he did to Melodie.

Abathyn gulped as Adam was slowed down. She laughed at the sight of him, trying to move but not doing it fast enough. "Incarcerous." she muttered, bounding him and causing him to fall slowly to the ground. "You thought you would get away, didn't you." Looking at Izaak, Abathyn knew that this wasn't her decision. "Izaak, what do you want to do?" she asked him, her low voice anxiously wondering what he thought. She knew what she wanted to do, but couldn't afford to kill an auror. There'd be an uproar then. "I say we stupefy him and leave him to think about what he's done." Abathyn wouldn't tell Adam exactly what Mel was going through, she didn't want him turning up at the hospital.

(awful post sorry)

Magic had never been a strong point of Izaak’s. Perhaps if he had actually put his mind to it and channelled half as much passion into it as he did into his job for the sake of an example then he might just have topped his class. But he hadn’t, he had lacked serious incentive. So as Adam threw forward another attack, Izaak did not try to defend himself this time around with a twig of ebony. Instead wriggled back into his comfort zone and dodged the spell with a simple hop from one foot to the other; easy as pie, why would one even bother with a counterattack? If only educating Adam were as simple. Glowering across at the man he would give anything to throw a fist at, Izaak shuffled in behind Abathyn and allowed her to take charge with the words and the incantations. She was quite clearly within her element after all.

"Nice," he grinned, his voice no more than a low whisper by her shoulder as his azure eyes cast curiously over the curse Adam had been bound with. "Izaak, what do you want to do?" Contemplation took hold of the lean-bodied man as he drew a step closer to Abathyn, a step closer to his friend’s ex-fiancé. In general terms Izaak was a person that wouldn’t look to hurt a fly. But this, like all good general assumptions, had its exceptions. And there had been a total of three so far in his lifetime. The first was sparked by an estranged boyfriend of a very close friend of his back in school. The second was his bastard of a cousin, particularly when he had caught him with Alexis at the Medley. And the third was lying right here before him. Murder had never been on his mind, however angry he was not sadistic but what this pathetic man needed was a good, long hard think and a decent chance to sort his priorities out. So the suggestion Abathyn put forth hit it right on the nose. "Good idea, let the vermin keep him company. I’m sure they’ll get along just fine." Izaak sneered, feeling the Slytherin rise up within him at the bitter nature of the words. And with that he lowered his wand down to Adam, muttered the spell Abathyn had suggested simply because he was confident of its success rate and curled his hand around her shoulder in attempts to guide her away, "Let’s go Abathyn, he doesn’t deserve anymore of our time and efforts."

Inside of Adam there were many things going through his head. One, he was bound and made look fit for a fool. Two he couldn't move and the spell they casted on him didn't help that at all. Adam was stunned and he could do nothing about it. He saw them depart and sudden hapiness filled the insides of him. However he was still bound. He couldn't move and he felt blood arise from his head. When he had fallen he had hit his head with semi-great force and thus made him bleed. Presently the pain filled in and the gravel on the ground only made it worse. It gouged into the skin of his head. More blood poored from his head. More pain began to fill him and more and more as the minutes passed by. He started to panic. Perhaps he was losing to much blood. Perhaps he needed some kind of assistance immediatly or death. Whatever he needed he knew he was not going to be able to get it for some time. He had been called vermin. He had been beaten. His mental pride was gone and there was nothing he could do to kep it from slowly going away. PResently the effects of the spells put on him wore off as he finally was able to think "finite."

WHen he arose, he noticed that he had stopped bleeding. He had stopped with the gushing of blood from his head. Pain still was in him and then right as he got to his feet he knew he had made a mistake. He got up to fast. The blood(what was left) was not able to reach his brain and he fainted. He felt fast first. The last thing he heard before going away completly was a crack. A crack of a bone or of maybe a rock. In all of half an hour he had not said one word. He ahd accepted what they did to him and from that day forward began to plot some kind of revenge. A deadly kind of revenge. As he had been practicing the Crucio Curse for 4 years now(still not getting it to do what he wanted) and he was ready to use it. Ready to make Izaak and Abathyn face immortal pain and suffering. He would cast it upon Melodie to. He would make her become more ill than she already was.

Abathyn awaited Izaak's answer, about to raise her wand she watched him raise his, and say the incantation that she had suggested. She smiled in an odd glee as Izaak tried to guide her away. She didn't want to leave, leave Adam here when he could be dead, by her wand. But she had to leave, common sense prevailed and Abathyn quit her lingering and followed her cousin's friend, no aim or direction other than to get the hell out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back