Reunited with Family

Victor Dodge

OOC First Name
Lovi
Wand
Ivy Wand Gargoyle tooth 15 inches
It had been awhile since Victor had last seen Vicxen, his sister. She had developed a lot and had started looking more grown up. She had gotten taller, but not as tall as Victor. The first thing she said when she entered his small temporary apartment was that it was ugly. The comment killed Victor's pride as a guardian. As a brother, it just made him less happy to see. "I am going to put you stuff in your temporary room." he said putting emphasis on the word temporary. When Victor came back Vicxen was placing a frying pan on the stove, and cutting up mushrooms. The kitchen and living room were together so he could easily see what she was doing. "I hate mushrooms Pigeon. Can't you cook something else?" he whined while falling on the couch. He waited for his sister's response.

Vicxen didn't talk much when Victor picked her up from the train station in Europe and then they apparated to his 'temporary place' as he said. Her cheeks were puffy from all the crying she had done on the train. "Mom is dead now. I barely have anyone to go to now." she thought sadly when the ended up at the front door of her brothers apartment . As she walked in she was suprised at how comfortable and luxorious the place looked. Of course, she wasn't going to admit this to Victor. "This place is horrible. You couldn't have gotten something with more style?" she lied. Vicxen let Victor take her things to her temporary room. She headed to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. She was suprised her brother even had one of these. They grew up with many Muggle contraptions, so they were like a neccesity for them. She found mushrooms, red and green bell peppers and chicken. She rinsed off the vegetables and accio'd the frying pan and placed it on the stove. She them performed a spell that would start chopping the mushrooms. There wasn't a cutting board so she just used a paper towel. She heard Victor call to her. Pigeon? "Pigeon? Why are you calling me a bird? I know I am named after a reindeer, but come on now. You aren't that stupid right? And no, I am keeping the mushrooms." she said.

Victor gulped. He never sctually called his sister Pigeon when she was with him before. It must've slipped. "Pigeons and doves are signs of peace. You are a pretty peaceful person if I think about it." Victor explained himself. He was really worried that Vicxen was going to hurt herself cooking the way she was. his sister wasn't very skilled at using magic and cooking at the same time. Sure, she had gotten better, but It still worried him that she'd do something wrong. Victor got up from the couch and said, "Let me help you." he walked into the kitchen and waited for his sister to tell him what she needed help with.

"When you think? You must not think often then." Vicxen replied. She didn't think It was a very smart explanation, but this was her brother she was talking about. He is plenty smart when he wanted to be. Like when he played Quidditch. She may not have been able to make it to his games when he attended Durmstrang, but she was positive he was an exceptional player. He had told her he tried out for a professional team but, she never asked whether he had made it. "Well, the veggies are pretty much already cut. I just want to thaw and marinate the chicken legs. Thawing will take awhile, so just put them in the sink and run warm water over them. Make sure you wash you hands first." Vicxen put all the chopped vegetables on a plate and put them in the fridge. "I have been meaning to ask about your tryouts. Did you make the team?" she asked as she watched her brother head to the sink to do his task.

"Thinking is the most dangerous sport ever. " Victor joked. Victor walked over to the sink and washed his hands. He then took the bag of chicken legs, set It in the sink and turned on the water so they could thaw. 'Should I get a owl to put them in?' He thought in his head. "Get me a bowl please, Vic?" he asked still staring intensely at the running water and chicken legs. He did not hear her ask about his tryouts. 'I should invite Johanna over!' His friend did seem curious about meeting his sister. "Do you want me to invite a friend of mine over for dinner?" he asked, looking at his sister and waiting for a response.

Victor didn't hear her ask about tryouts. He was too focused on the task given to him. 'Does he want to impress me with this thawing skills?' Vicxen thought. She got a large plastic container and pushed her brother out of the way. She filled the container with warm water, turned the water off and set the chicken in the container. She left the container in the sink. "A friend? You have friends? That is a surprise." she laughed. She made it seem like she didn't care, but she really did. Her brother refrained from bringing any friends he had over to the house when he attended Durmstrang. He was really sensitive about the topic of friends for some reason. He used to always avoid the topic. It surprised Vicxen that he even brought up the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back