Returning with extra luggage...

Aspen Jones

OOC First Name
Anna
Wand
11 1/2" Asphodel, Hair from the Mane of a Kelpie (Grandmother's wand)
Please read this before posting!!

Aspen shuffled slowly along the corridor,her breath coming in wheezy gasps as she dragged her duffel bag behind her.
She paused for a moment, leaning against the wall, completely exhausted.
Aspen had just spent two glorious weeks in Holland with her sister, who was living there with their grandparents. Before her trip, Aspen hadn't seen her Oma and Opa since she was 3 months old.
Every day, the highest temperature only just got over freezing point, and the canals and rivers running through Amsterdam had been completely frozen over, and the streets crowded by huge piles of snow that had accumulated during the long, cold nights.
And then there had been the celebrations. Although Aspen had missed sinterklaas, the Dutch equivalent of Christmas, her grandparents had postponed their family's present exchanging, just for her. And then Elissiana had somehow managed to convince them to celebrate Christmas, too. All the festivities had involved traditional Dutch food, of course, such as oliebollen, all of it delicious, warm and rich.
The downside of all this was something Aspen was only discovering now. All the delicious, rich food had been good, but the weight she had gained because of it was not.
Aspen slid to the ground, then groaned, moving slightly on the floor, trying to find a position in which her jeans wouldn't cut into her flesh.
She pulled her bag closer to her, and open the top pocket.
The contents spilled out, brightly coloured packets full of Dutch sweets and cookies littering the floor. She selected one and ripped it open, breathing a sigh of relief before grabbing a handful of small chocolates, shoving them inelegantly into her mouth.

'This really isn't helping,' she thought. 'But what am I supposed to do with all these presents? And they taste so good!'
She sighed again, patting her bloated stomach.

(O.O.C. Okay, basically looking for someone to come in and start taunting Aspen about being podgy. Although, if you would like to be nice to her, you may be rewarded with Dutch licorice, or something of the sort.)

After an hour of so or studying with her friends, Alyssa decided that she was tired of reading the ugly colored text in her textbooks and told the group she was heading out for a stroll around the school. She wasn't sure if she was just bored or really didn't see the point of studying, but she had to get out of there and fast. During her Christmas break, she had spent her time in New York City with her aunt while she attended to some business, and she had to admit that they had some amazing clothing styles there. The Outfit she was wearing now had even come from there. As Alyssa made her way down the hall she heard a noise which sounded like someone opening something, probably a package of food or something that was probably gross sounding, seeing as nothing good food-wise should come out of a package really.

Soon Alyssa was within range to see who was making the noise and froze in her spot. Her stomach churned roughly as she watched a young girl devour a bunch of sweets with the speed that only a swine could manage. "Oh my god...ew!" The words flew past her lips as she pitifully watched the young girl shove some small chocolates into her mouth. It was one thing that she was someone who cared very much about her appearance, but this girl didn't see to care at all about how fast she was indulging in those sweets. "Do you even realize how many calories your taking in right now, cause I'm sure your jeans are." Alyssa stepped closer to the girl and put her hands on her thin waist as she pretty much stared the girl down, this was just not exceptable.

Aspen paused with her hand halfway to her mouth. There was chocolate smeared around her lips, and a splodge of melted chocolate on her shirt, both of which she was oblivious to.
An older student stood before her, a stick thin girl dressed in clothes WAY too fancy to come from anywhere in New Zealand.
'Although,' she admitted silently. 'It does look a lot better than a swanndri and gumboots.'
She hiccuped slightly, and attempted to hide the chocolates in her hand behind her as the girl said something about calories.
Aspen struggled to her feet, her tight jeans making any fast movement altogether impossible. Even standing, the older girl was at least a head taller with her heels on, a pair of killer sparkly things that seemed to make her skinny legs even skinnier and longer than they were. Aspen looked down at her own feet, clad in a pair of third or fourth hand sneakers, the sole peeling away from the upper, and the edges coated in mud. She sighed. There really was no comparison in style here.
She raised her head to stare the other girl in the eye.
"What the hell are calories?" she asked, completely perplexed. She'd heard the older girls at her muggle gymnastic club talk about them, but none of her coaches had ever explained to her what they were.

The young girls poor sense of fashion didn't seem to really help her case in Alyssa's eyes either, if Alyssa had to wear that she's probably start crying and demand to be taken to the nearest shopping mall immediately so she could fix her wardrobe. But seeing as she thankfully wasn't, she would just have to try her best to ignore the ugly clothing and work towards explaining to this poor girl what calories were. "Calories are what make you gain weight. Which you seem to have no problem doing actually." Alyssa shrugged her shoulders and glanced down at her perfectly manicured nails before she glanced back up and let her herself cringe mentally.

Adverting her crystal blue eyes she resisted the urge to gag. "By the way, you have chocolate like...everywhere." She pointed to her own face hoping the girl would catch her drift and figure out that she had chocolate on her face. The clothing was already bad enough, so she wouldn't bother to tell her that there was chocolate on that too.

Aspen stared at the girl. Calories.. gaining weight...
In a flash, it all clicked together for the 11 year old. She was getting fat. All the time spent training, keeping fit, and healthy and skinny. It had all been wasted in the space of 3 weeks.
The older girl's voice brought Aspen out of her train of thought. She raised her hand to her face to brush away the chocolate that she had indicated, and was shocked to find it mixed with tears.
Her voice was almost inaudible, cracking slightly as she tried to stop it from trembling noticeably.
"Are you... c-calling me... fat?"

((O.O.C. Could you say something really mean? I'm needing Aspen as emotionally scarred as possible. o_O ))

//Sure, I can try at least.//

Alyssa rolled her crystal blue eyes and crossed her arms over her chest when the girl finally got a clue and understood what she was trying to say, yet there was still some confusion and she didn't know what else to say but to just spill out in plain English. "Yes, I'm calling you fat." She sneered before she plainly flicked some of her silvery blonde hair away from her face, usually she wasn't this mean to people. But this girl pretty much asked for it by the way she shoved food into her face like it was going out of style.

"I could even call you a cow if you prefer, or I could even say that the entire floor rumbles when you walk. Get it now, your carrying extra luggage m'dear!" She snorted and unfolded her arms so he could gesture with her hands that she was getting annoyed. Had this girl really ever heard of jogging and a proper diet before? From the looks of her choice of food and tight jeans, apparently not.

Aspen looked down, hiding her face from the girl so she couldn't see the pain that flashed across it. The tears that had been brewing behind her eyelids spilled over, rolling down to the end of her nose and dripping off. A few weeks before, the tears would have splashed onto the floor. Now, they plopped onto the fabric of Aspen's t-shirt that strained around her middle, creating a dark pattern or abstract shapes. A few weeks before, Aspen would've told the girl where to shove her nasty, spiteful ideas. But now, Aspen had gone soft, mentally and physically, and all she could stammer out was:
"Y-you don't have t-to be so mean."
Because Aspen knew. She knew that the other girl was telling the truth, and the truth hurt more than the insults ever would.

((OOC I hope that its ok if I join if not I will vanish))

Eden was taking a walk up the the Gryffindor Tower to vist her boyfriend Tohoru for a bit before going to study. Hitting the landing she saw one of the glam squad members and what seemed to be a scared little first year Eden took her Koshiba Charm and pulled it out. Flicking her wand out from where it was hidden. Eden steped into the light. "What seems to be the problem Alyssa? Cant find a bathroom to throw up in or something with your anorexic self?" Turning to the first year Eden softed her voice. "What seems to be the problem the super thin Slytherin freak being mean to you?" Eden glared back at the older girl she wanted to attack a glam squad freak for as long as she had been her and this was turing out to be her chance.

Alyssa rolled her eyes at the young girl's blubbering and could almost say she felt a little bad for the young girl, but being nice and lying to her wasn't going to teach anyone anything here. "Would you prefer I lie and let you continue to do hrm to your body?" In a cruel way, Alyssa almost felt like a teacher, someone had to teach this girl about the harms of excessive junk food and no exercise. Placing her hands on her waist once more she was about to say something else when she heard a really annoying voice, she didn't recognize who owned it but whoever it was, had a really annoying voice. Casting her crystal blue eyes onto whoever it was she realized that she didn't know who this person was..at all.

"I'm sorry, and you are? Cause I don't talk to really ugly strangers." She shrugged her shoulders and let her gaze return to the young girl, then back onto the new girl. Obviously she was an idiot for not only just jumping in, but attempting to attack a much older student, she wasn't going to retort back about being called anorexic. She knew she wasn't but wasn't going to bother arguing with someone she didn't know or care about.

"I think the girl would like it if you left her alone. You glam squad freak you think because your part-veela and in Slytherin that means your the best of the best but your not. Im so fed up with you and the rest of you freaks. Why dont you just lay off and go do whatever it is you freaks like to do." Eden closed her eyes she was getting madder and madder by the second she wanted to make fun of the first year herself but her promise to Professor Black stoped her from doing that so she had no choice but to stand up for the girl.

Aspen observed the argument happening before her.
She appreciated the new stranger standing up for her, but she really didn't see the point. She turned to her and gave her a shaky smile.
'It's okay,' she said. 'She's just telling me what I needed to hear.'
She raised her head to look the new girl in the eye.
'I'm fat, and she's not anorexic. She's just slim,' Aspen gave a wistful sigh. 'Like I used to be.'

((Could one of you possibly yell at Aspen? Coz I'm hoping to get her really upset, and then she splits her pants and runs off. No, seriously. I'm feeling a slightly comic moment coming on...))
((And sorry for the lameness of the above. Just woke up.))

At least the younger girl had enough common sense to tell the newer Slytherin that needed to can her mouth, the girl was less of an idiot than she pegged her to be but she still wasn't getting of easy either. With an annoyed sigh Alyssa casted her gaze from the Slytherin back to the young girl, "STOP WHINING AND JUST FIX IT THEN!" Maybe yelling at the girl would knock some sense into her, because otherwise she wasn't getting the whole issue here. Alyssa would almost offer to help the girl by giving her diet tips or something, but she wasn't sure that would really help the girl as she didn't know if she was a vegetarian or not. Giving the young girl one last brutal stare she fixed her gaze ontot he other girl, whom she still didn't know the name of. 'Must be no one important if I can't recall who she is.' She thought smugly to herself as she turned her body to face the girl and snottily crossed arms over her chest.

"Your worse than chubby over here. So can you like...be quiet?" She sneered and flicked some of hair away from her face, just because she was Part-Veela, didn't mean she thought she was the best. Alyssa prided herself in the way she looked, and looked down on others who didn't, it wasn't like she thought she was the best. Everyone else started that label on their own without her help. "If your so fed up, why are you still talking to be anyways?" No wonder he brother got fed up with people quickly, the Slytherin house needed a few bricks to the head to chill them out a bit, this girl surely needed a few because she sounded as if she didn't even know what she was talking about.

Turning on the younger girl she screamed. "If you dont like the way you look than do something about it. If you need help than ask its not hard!" Letting out a breath Eden turned on the older girl. "You did not just tell a Koshiba to be like quiet. I will teach you to fear me and my family this a promise you half breed freak." Rushing the girl Eden grabed her by her hair yanking her down to her level and throwing a punch aiming for her face.

Aspen jumped as the older girl yelled at her. Her bottom lip began to quiver, again, and her eyes filled with tears. She crouched down and began to pack everything back into her bag, muttering all the while.
'I'll... just... be... going then... Not wanted here, obviously.'
She kept her tear streaked face turned away from the others as they continued arguing.
Finally, all the packets of food on the floor had been returned to Aspen's bag, and she stood up, then bent over to pick up the bag.
Her jeans gave way. With a huge tearing sound, they ripped along the seam in the back. Aspen gasped, and straightened up, mortified.

Eden stoped what she was doing when she heard the rip. Taking off her sweatshirt she tossed it at the younger girl before turning back to her follow house mate grabbing her by her hair once again.

Aspen was running, if that's what you could call it. She was moving as fast as she could with a rip in her pants. Even so, she was halfway down the corridor by the time the older girls noticed; one of them tried to throw her a sweatshirt.
Tears made seeing her way difficult, and she almost ran past the portrait to the common room. She paused only to say the password, before squeezing through the portrait hole. She didn't stop moving until she was lying on her bed, her tears muffled by the thick blankets.

o.o.c. Aspen has gone here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7233514/1/

Watching some young girl walk by with ripped pants Theodore gave her the oddest look before he shook his head and walked over to the girl that seemed a little too eager to beat up on his sister and use some language that he really didn't agree with. "Hey. Keep your filthy hands off my sister." Theodore replied in a moody tone, crossing his arms over his chest. He was pissed off greatly, he hated that word half-breed so much that is blood boiled at the very mention of it. Walking over to the girl he made sure that she wasn't touching Alyssa before he grabbed his sister by the arm and pulled her back towards him. "And just so you know, my father says your family is just a joke. Now go away." Theodore hissed and flicked his hair back before he nudged his sister to let her know he was ready to leave, he didn't want to deal with anyone's crap today. Especially not their's.

//Okay, grabbing Alyssa's hair would be godmodding her, which isn't allowed. So I'm going to ignore the hair grabbing part all together.//

Eden spun around. "How would your father know anything about the Koshiba? I have better things to do right now so be thankful that I dont put you and your half-breed sister in the place where you belong." Turning on her heel Eden stomped down the hallway where the girl had ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back