Returning in hope

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam hurried to the owlery, this was something that he wanted no one to witness. Not even his best friends. Once he entered the room, he was in such a panic he had forgotten to be out of breath. He looked around hastily to where the owls were perched. Nothing. No reply. "Damn it!" Sam shouted glad no one could hear him. He was fustrated that he didn't get a reply but also sort of relieved he didn't have to face this today. Sam wasn't in the mood to return to the common room. So he paced the owlery a couple of times watching owls fly in and out of it. He eventually leaned his forehead against a windowsill, slightly banging it.

Amarante was walking around the towers when she heard someone shouted, "Damn it!" Amarante became slightly curious and she walked onwards to the owlrey where she assumed that the person was. When she reached the Owlrey she saw a Hufflepuff banging his head on the window sill. Amarante glided passed him and said, "One must not dwell on one does not have, things always turn out." Amarante's accent played on her words nicely, making her sound like an awkward seer, or something else.

Sam took his head off the windowsill, "What? When did you? How?" he stopped asking questions he realised it was..Amarante, not Tasanee he reminded himself. They met briefly on the express.

Sam looked at her. He tried not to show the confusion in his mind on his face. He hadn't heard properly and was almost definite if he did, he still wouldn't understand. "Waiting for a letter too?" he pressumed.

Amarante bowed her head gently and said, "Ni Hao Sam." Amarante shook her head gently and said, "I heard your distress as I walked along the towers." As Amarante spoke her owl appeared in the window and Amarante swiftly walked towards it and said to it, "ハローSnifeから、ニュースの明とは?" The owl cooed gently as if responding to her question and she took the letter off from her owl's leg and she said, "Thank you Snife." The bird flew off in search off food and Amarante looked at Sam and said simply, "Things always turn out.."

Sam smiled back to her, his smile was rather pathetic but he wasn't going to try an pretend he was distressed. "Oh, you think many people heard that?" he asked squinting slightly, hoping not many did. Sam nodded and turned his back to give her some privacy if she wanted to open the letter.

Amarante shook her head once and said, "It seemed that I was there alone." Amarante raised her eye brows cautiously when Sam turned his back to her and she said, "Is there a reason why you turned away?" Amarante had assumed that Sam didn't speak traditional Chinese or any of the dialects she did, never mind read them so she didn't quite get that he thought she would want privacy when she opened her letter.

Sam had thoughts buzzing through his head. He remembered vividly last time he was in the owlery. With Jenn. There fight that they had...about Toni. That brought the whole Toni problem back fresh in his mind. Though he heard Amarante's voice behind him. "Umm..sorry...what?" he turned around from the window, trying to keep his thoughts controlled usually they were so in control in bored him. "I'm sorry that I am so...I slightly confused at the moment, if your wondering." he said simply hoping this would not lead to an interrogation of sorts.

Amarante sighed softly and she climbed up onto the window sill to sit on it and she said, "Would you like someone to listen to you? I don't think I'd be very good with advice though..." Amarante shrugged her shoulders awkwardly as she set her unsettling gaze over at Sam.

Sam shrugged, he didn't praticulary want everyone to know. "I dunno. Its a long story and its complicated." he added quickly, this wasn't subtle, that he was uncomfortable with sharing his story. "Its just my parents wanted me to be...in..Slytherin." he said the last part slowly, so you could make out each syllable. "..and its clear Hufflepuffs and Slytherins, are not even remotely the same. I wrote a letter to them recently explaining what house I was in." It sounded like it wasn't a big deal. Sam shook his head, "To sum up my father in a short amount of words, he'd rather disown me than have a "Puff" for a son." There was no joking in Sam's tone.

Amarante nodded her head and leaned back slightly, not caring that there was nothing to hold her up if she lost her balance, though she didn't think she would, after all she had done intense training for both Martial Arts and Gymnastics since a very young age, all the girls in her clan had. Amarante didn't respond, thinking that Sam didn't expect her to, and she hadn't had a clue as to what she would say.

Sam smirked at her response, no response. "Ha! I thought as much." he moved away from the windows and stroked one of the owls. "I'm just waiting for a reply now." he shrugged. He knew once he got it he would want to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back