Return to Fortunes Folly

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked back to the forest early the following morning. She had slept badly the night before and had blamed alot of things for this. One being Brian another being herself and the other being the unexplainable reason why the centaurs had not shown up to tackle her. When she was an ordinary girl one of them had felt compelled to point his arrow at her but now? Now they didn't even come near her and she wanted to know why?

She was no longer afraid of the forest as she had been in the weeks directly after her attack. She figured she was probably the scariest thing in there any how. Andromeda plunged in allowing her eyes time to adjust. She inhaled the aroma of the forest, the dead foliage around her feet, the warm bark from the trees, the leaves and animals. She smelt it all and it thrilled her. Andromeda began to run again, she enjoyed this flight of hers this time. She felt it had a definite purpose unlike her crazed run of yesterday. When she got to the same spot as the day before she stopped again and looked about her.

She knew something was different today, someone or something was near. Andromeda put her hands wide as she had the day before she carried no wand with her.
"Show yourself!" she shouted and waited.

Vico had heard some reports of a meddlesome girl the night prior, however the centaurs who were guarding their portion of the forest only kept a watchful eye and decided it best not to engage the girl as she seemed no real threat and was more likely to get herself killed without their help. However, her coming back today only upset Vico. There seemed no need for her to come back and if this continued she could very well pose a threat to his own, and his tribe's well being. As such he put his quiver around his back and set an arrow in his bow, which he kept relaxed at his side. He then obtained a sword and sheath which he never wore and moved towards the area of the forest where the girl had been reported as having been the night before.

He stayed a hundred yards back, using the shadows of the trees to hide himself and drew the arrow in his bow back, aiming towards the meddlesome girl. "Leave now." he bellowed, releasing the arrow and allowing it to miss her by a foot, lodging itself in the tree next to her. He then loaded another arrow into his bow and waited.

Andromeda heard the voice as she heard the whizz of the arrow and stood her ground. She looked in the direction the voice had come from and her tapetum vision, which reflected as a wolfs did to allow her to see vaguely now in the dark, showed her the shadowy image of a centaur hiding behind the trees. She knew it to be him, the centaur who had had no problem aiming an arrow at her before.

"Are you afraid of me?" she asked him, she needed to know, she had to.

Vico shook his head, "I'm not afraid of you at all. I fear what you might be able to do to my people and that is all, now leave." Vico urged impatiently.

Andromeda heard him and sat down on a near by tree stump. Her sigh was that of a defeated girl nothing more.
"why do you think I'm a threat?" she asked, knowing the answer but not wanting to hear it now. She knew this was the reason she had come into the forest again. she knew in her heart that she needed to hear what he had to say if he said anything more to her at all.

"Do you know what I am?"

"You're no threat at the moment." Vico said in a dismissive manner, "However tomorrow evening you might return to this forest, and even then it is your life you will risk but others could be in danger as well." Vico continued, adjusting the aim on his bow to actually be trained on the girl as he drew nearer. "Why do you insist on being here?" he asked, deciding to turn the tables.

Andromeda held up her own hands and looked at them what she saw were human hands what she knew she would become was different.

"Why have I come?" she repeated, "I neednt' to know, I had to know. My owl won't come near me, none of the birds or animals of the forest came near yesterday when i came here. Not even you or the other centaurs. I wanted to know what you felt when I was near, that's all"

She needed to know what type of evil was growing in side her, she wanted to know what no human could tell her.

"We're not beasts!" Vico began, his arms becoming tense and the strong on his bow mimicking the tension. "The fact that you compare us to your owl disgusts me." He continued, his bow arm shaking ever so slightly from his frustration. He was more than tempted to simply unsheath his blade.

Andromeda sighed again.
"I am sorry that wasn't my intention. But you are a magical creature and can express yourself the ordinary creatures can't. I'm saying all of this all wrong" she put her head down into her hands fighting back the tears. No, she was better than this, she wiped them furiously away.

"I am an eleven year old girl. I had a life ahead of me, I had everything to live for that all got taken from me on Halloween night when I was bitten by a werewolf. Now I am one!" she said aloud not knowing if he even cared, suspecting he didn't.

"I would never as Andromeda have hurt any living creature, none. But now - now there is the possibility isn't there and that's what scares you and ... and yes the other creatures. I won't be back here tomorrow the school have arranged a place for me to stay and wait out the full moon".

"You're still a n eleven year old girl."Vico informed the girl, "However you're also still in the forest. Perhaps it'd be best to speak to somebody of your own kind and leave my kind to ourselves."

Vico was growing tired of this girl but didn't want to harm her unnecessarily. All that would do is cause more people to come into his home.

Andromeda stood up and faced him.
"You at least have a kind" she said to him before looking back in the direction of the school, "There are none of my kind at the school for me to ask."

She shoved her hands deep inside the pockets of her robe.
"I'm sorry I wasted your time".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back