Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Matthew)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Amy had decided that since her brother had plans for the day, she would spend it somewhere where she wouldn't be bored until he'd come back home. Her parents were out as well, which left her to have the house all to herself. In all honesty she did not really have much to do except read and she really wasn't in the mood to do that. Sighing, she got up from her seat and grabbed a light sweater, considering it was rather warm outside and headed out, leaving a note on the dining room table in case her parents were to finish work before she was back. Maybe she would just explore the area she'd recently moved in, she'd had barely any time to get to know the place where she lived better. It was a nice city, she noted as she walked along the cobbled streets, observing many small restaurants and what there was to do there. Eventually, when she had gotten lost, she stopped walking and squinted trying to see if there was a street name anywhere, however there was no luck. She sighed. It was a good thing it was still mid afternoon and the sun still up otherwise she would have been in some trouble.

Amy continued to walk, turned left and stopped in her tracks. Okay, maybe she should not venture there. There were still quite a few streets she had not seen, but she preferred not to go alone. The girl headed to the right instead, avoiding all corners. She wasn't paranoid - though she might as well have been - but she valued her own life and safety. She was so deep in her thoughts that she hadn't realized how many hours she had been wandering around. She realized she had found her way back to where she'd previously explored, so the sixteen-year-old stopped to sit by a bench, not as tired as she thought she would be. That was what she called exercise.
<i></i>

By his own admission, Matthew didn't get home enough, by his mothers he had full on abandoned her. The previous winter had been the last time Matthew visited, his mother had the twin children of her friend staying with her who had since moved to the area permanently. It would be nice for her to have friends close by and some younger faces during the holidays to help her forget that her son wasn't around as much. Matthew didn't like being away, but he loved his job and it often took him away for months at a time. His most recent assignment had seen him taking his first steps into dragon taming and that had been a nine month spell in China. Matthew felt like he hadn't slept in those nine months.

When Matthew arrived home that morning the house was empty. His mother no doubt at work. Matthew dropped his bag in the 'spare' room and decided to go for a walk. He knew he needed to sleep at some point before his mother came home but for a little while he wanted to enjoy the fresh air. It had been a long time since he didn't smell something burning, so he wanted to enjoy the change while it still felt new. Ten minutes passed into Matthew's walk before he encountered another soul. He spotted a blonde girl sat alone on a bench, and at least from the distance he was, she didn't look familiar to him. As he got closer he started to realise he did in fact know her, they had spend a Christmas together under one roof. "Amy? Its me, Matthew," He said grinning brightly at the girl. She must have been a year older than the last time he saw her, something like a fifth or sixth year at Hogwarts. Around the age he had been when all the drama in his life had begun to kick off.

At first, Amy didn't even notice the figure walking towards her as she assumed it was someone simply wandering around, but when the person called her name, a male voice to be precise, she turned around and looked up in confusion before breaking into a smile. "Hi Matthew! How are you?" She beamed at him, shifting to the side so that her friend could sit down if he wanted to. It was a relief to see someone she knew or at the very least was acquainted with. For some reason she didn't want to tell him she'd stopped to sit after she had gotten lost. Although it was reasonable as she was new and decided to venture out alone, it was still pretty embarrassing.

"I just moved here," she told Matthew, smiling. "Well, not just, but before the semester started." Amy's normal cheerful self was clearly shown as she relaxed, chattering. "Oh and if you're about to ask why I'm alone around here," she gestured around them, "my brother is out with a friend and I didn't feel like staying at home by myself. It got boring...and lonely," she chuckled, before glancing at him. He looked the same as she last saw him, of course except for the fact that they'd both gotten a little older. She still hadn't figured out how old he was, however didn't want to ask him that. Matthew had to be a few years older, that much was quite obvious.
<i></i>

Matthew grinned happily as Amy asked how he was and shifted in her seat so he could join her, which he did. During their time at his mothers house Matthew had spent more time talking to her brother Daniel than he did her, mostly because the boy had taken a keen interest in his work, which was understandable, what he did was pretty cool, but his antics didn't seem to have any particular interest for the girl. "I'm okay, I just got back from an assignment overseas," Matthew didn't want to go into too much detail unless she asked, he didn't want to bore her.

Amy went on to tell him that they had just moved there, which he knew about and that she was alone because her brother was with a friend. What he knew of the twins, they seemed pretty close so he wondered how close Daniel was to the friend that he had left Amy behind. "Do you wanna come back with me? My mum should be home soon, she'd love to see you I'm sure," He offered with a warm smile.

At least he joined her, she thought as she listened to him, noticing how happy and carefree he seemed, and probably was. "Really? What kind of assignment?" Amy hadn't exactly been in a good space the last time she'd seen Matthew, it was more her twin brother who actually took an interest in his works and she therefore wanted to know all about it, considering they had time now. After all, the girl didn't want to make him feel like his work wasn't important or anything. Especially as it looked like he loved what he was doing. She was genuinely interested in his mysterious adventure. "Where did you go?" She asked later, remembering he mentioned going overseas. She loved to travel.

She considered his offer, nodding after thinking about when her brother was going to be back. She wasn't completely sure to be honest. She'd just have to send him a note when she arrived at her friend's house.
"Sure! I'd love to, your mom is awesome," she complimented smiling as she stood up and stretched. "I mean," she added with a laugh, "you're pretty cool too. I guess," she said as an afterthought, winking to let him know she was kidding. He was awesome too. He had invited her over at his house so she wouldn't have to be alone after all.

Matthew smiled as Amy took an interest in his work. The last time he had seen her it had been her brother who had shown the interest and Amy herself hadn't seemed all too bothered in speaking to him at all. "I was working with some baby dragons, it was my first experience of dragon taming...it was fun," He winced and rubbed at his arm. Though the pain and scars had faded somewhat thanks, at first the makeshift medicine they had in the field and then a salve Monty had prepared on his return home, the psychological trauma of dragon fire on the skin remained. Of course, Matthew knew what he was getting himself in for. "I was in China, it was my first time in the country,"

Amy's reaction to seeing his mother made Matthew smile, the girls words would no doubt warm the women's heart. "I'm glad, she's very fond of you and your brother, I think she just likes having children...well you're not a child, but you know what I mean?" Matthew said awkwardly. Amy was around fifteen so while technically a child wouldn't want to be considered as one, as he hated to be called as such at the same age. Matthew grinned as Amy followed up her comment with one about him. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself," He let the words hang in the air for a few moments before Matthew noticed how dark it was beginning to get. "Come on, its getting dark, we can send a note to Dan to have him meet us when he gets home," Matthew said getting to his feet.

Amy smiled at the thought of taming baby dragons. "They mustn't be easy to tame," she guessed, "do they run around a lot breathing fire?" She chuckled, though she knew it wasn't a career to be taken lightly at all. The hufflepuff didn't miss Matthew rubbing his arm. She frowned. She didn't even want to know the injuries he received. It made her shudder, so she stopped thinking about it. "I'm glad you're doing something you love at least," she said genuinely. Amy had no idea what she wanted to do, maybe she would take up teaching - she kept that option open. She'd have to decide sooner or later, she was graduating much sooner than she expected. It felt far away, but Amy knew it wasn't long before she had to consider what to do with her life.

"Wow that's pretty cool," she mused. China was far - well maybe not so far from here, but from where she was from it definitely was. She had never been to that side of the world. "Did you enjoy your stay there?" She asked, simply out of curiosity than anything else. She sucked in her cheeks to prevent herself from laughing at Matthew's next words. "I do, don't worry," she sent her friend a reassuring smile to ease the awkwardness. "I'm flattered," she said, almost to herself. Amy got up as well, nodding. "Alright. How far is your house from here?"
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back