Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was relieved when she saw that Harper was now in the owlery; she had grasped the letter all the way there so as not to lose it. Giving the barn owl a treat she gave her the envelope, and said, "Make sure this gets to Carlisle quickly, okay?"

The owl hooted in agitation but took the letter anyway, soaring out of the window and into the sunset. After staring out the window for some time, Estrella left, deciding that she was going to wander the school for a bit.

After Transfiguration, Estrella ambled slowly up to the owlery, her mind on many things. She was relieved to see Harper, holding a letter in her beak as she entered the spacey room, the barn owl swooping down upon her and demanding a treat. She threw a treat to the owl, and tore open the letter, beginning to read.
Estrella,
First off, I have to point out that your last letter was quite rude towards Lucius Malfoy.  I know that you're far away, but you must still mind your manners.

How can I say this?  I know that you try to mean the best, but frankly, I'm tired of being left in the dark.  Lucius has at least given me the courtesy to let me know what's going on with your world.

What happened over the summer, Estrella?  Can it be so bad to tell an uncle who isn't even able to see a niece that is more like his daughter, for half a summer or even the next Christmas break.  If you're in danger, tell me.  I can help.  You shouldn't be worried to confide in me.  I have you in my best interests, and as far as I'm concerned, so does Elizabeth's grandfather.

Can you send me something more substantial than a few sentences this time? Please?
Love,
Carlisle

Estrella whipped out her wand, seriously considering turning the letter to ash with the incendio spell. Thinking better of it, however, she took a spare scrap of parchment, sitting down at the owlery table and beginning to write. Harper stared at her impatiently with huge golden eyes.
Carlisle,
As I have stressed so many times before, I don't even understand what happened over the summer.  I'll say that I was imprisoned for a time.

I do mean the best, I really do.  Otherwise I would be telling you all that I could.  But sending such information over long distances is not wise.

And really, Lucius Malfoy is not the man to be chumming around with.  Especially considering you're a muggle, and he was once one of Voldemort's greatest servants.  A bloody death eater!

I wish I could tell you more, I really do.  Just keep to yourself and don't meddle in the affairs of my world, okay?  Think about your family too, not just me.

Love,
Estrella

Was it serious enough? Estrella thought so. Sealing the letter, she gave it to a satisfied Harper, who glided out of the owlery window with a hoot.

Having made rounds for quite a few days to the owlery to see if she had gotten a response from Carlisle, Estrella was relieved to find Harper, perched in the owlery, dropping her letter to the floor and nearly landing it in droppings. Thankful for small favors, Estrella ripped open the letter, which was oddly discreet.
Estrella,
What in the world are you talking about?  Death Eaters and Voldemort?  Who the hell are they?

I'm getting very, very worried.

Love,
Carlisle

How could she explain this to him? It was unexplainable in a simple letter.
Knowing what she was going to do, Estrella put the letter in her pocket and left for Hogsmeade.

Having already wrapped the book The Rise and fall of the Dark Arts in paper, she placed it in a small bag as she trudged up to the owlery, throwing a letter in as well and hoping that Harper would be able to carry all of it.

Carlisle,
This should at least explain something.  I'll be sending another shortly.
Love,
Estrella

Giving a disgruntled Harper the bag, along with two owl treats, she watched as the barn owl flew off, and left the owlery, awaiting her new book.[/color]

Estrella, once again, rushed to the owlery, the somewhat lighter book in her hands. She received a reproachful glare from Harper, and said, "I promise, this one's not as heavy and it's the last one I'm giving you. Promise." She stroked Harper's feathers as she opened the satchel, reading Carlisle's note. She scrawled on the back of it with a spare quill.

Carlisle,
This one should be much more helpful.  It's more current and makes for easier reading.
Love,
Estrella

PS: Don't do anything rash, okay
?

Putting the book in the satchel, she watched as Harper flew off once more, and then left, finally able to relax. Or so she hoped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back