Remembering.

Shaylah Rouge

OOC First Name
Taneaka [main]
Wand
15" Ebony and Raven Feather
Shaylah sat on the wet grass by a tree and looked out over the cliffs. She couldn't believe what had happened to her life. She had spent ten years where it was just her and her dad. She had made friends when they moved to New Zealand but it was still just Shay and Jay. Now he was in azkaban with a life sentence and she was never going to see him again. She didn't realise she was crying until she felt her top getting wet from where tears were falling off her face. It wasn't a normal thing for Shaylah to cry. She usually held her emotions in and acted strong. Now, she felt nothing. There was emptyness inside her and it wasn't going to be filled.

It was a gloomy day outside.It was even gloomier back in the Slytherin common room.Jacob was out for a stroll as usual.Now that the exams were over he felt like he should take advantage of the time that was left for him to spend at Hogwarts this year.Today his legs brought him out to the cliffs.Although they were forbidden many students came here every one and then.

Today how ever the place was almost deserted.Almost,except for a girl who was sitting under a tree facing away from him.He thought that it would be rude to just go about his own business and not to say hi.He made his way towards her slowly.He didn't know how to approach her but he bent down beside her to see her face.

Her cheeks were wet and eyes red.It only explained one thing.She had been crying."Hey,are you okay?"he asked her as he sat down beside her with a worried expression on his face.He could tell she wasn't hurt.Not physically at least.Emotionally.He remembered seeing her in the common room every now and then.And if she was a Slytherin,she might not like to be seen as she cried.But Jake couldn't just leave her by herself.

Shaylah hadn't heard a boy approaching her. Usually she would have but she was too distracted. His voice made her jump and her head shot round to look at him. He looked a bit older than her and if she wasn't in such a bad mood then she would have thought he was cute. She didn't have eyes for anyone at the moment though. The only friend she had now was Sydney and that's only because they were half sisters.
Shaylah wiped the tears from her cheeks and looked away from the boy when he sat next to her. She didn't want to lose control of her temper again as she didn't want to hurt a complete stranger. "I'm fine." She had tried to sound normal but her voice was slightly shakey. Her usually messy hair was flying in all directions as she pushed it out of her face and wiped another tear off her cheek.

Jake knew that whatever the problem was,it wasn't a row with a friend or a breakup.It was something major.Only some big problem could make a Slytherin girl cry.Slytherin girls were often very strong emotionally.Jake didn't wan't to be nosy or anything but he felt like he should comfort this girl."It's okay if you don't wan't to tell me what has made you upset,but you shouldn't hide your emotions."he told her trying not to sound like he was giving her a lecture.Sometimes he felt strangely protective over people he didn't even know.

Shaylah had the feeling this boy wasn't going to leave unless she explained what was wrong. She hated talking about her problems but she had no choice. "My dad got sent to azkaban. He was a death eater and he killed two kids. He was only trying to protect my mum when she went into labour in the middle of Bleak Street." Shaylah had always loved her dad. He was there for her when nobody else was and now he was gone. She wished she could just see him again. That was the only thing she asked for. It wasn't much to want to see you're dad.
Shaylah expected this guy would think she was a wimp for crying over her dad going to azkaban. She didn't care though. He might as well be dead instead of in azkaban. People went mad there and she didn't like the image she got every time she thought about that.

Jake looked at the girl as she told him that her dad got sent to Azkaban.Even though he had known that she wasn't upset over something small,he hadn't thought that it would be something this big."Oh,I am really very sorry."was all he could think of saying.He patted her hair comfortingly.He didn't know how he would react to such a situation."Didn't he get a fair trial?Because that is just not fair."he told her.He didn't know what to say but he didn't think it was her dad's fault.

"Sorry isn't going to bring him so don't waste your breath." Shaylah had never been good at accepting people's sympathy for her. She preferred to go it alone and ignore the people who sympathized for her. "He did but he used the killing curse on one of them. The first was an accident. He was just trying to keep them away so he knocked them off their feet. The girl cracked her head open and died. He only killed the boy because he charging at my dad." Shaylah hadn't talked to anyone about this, not even her sister-Sydney. It was weird and it was making her whole body tense up with anger. "An auror was alking past at the time and ran to where he was when he heard the spell."

Jake didn't take even a little bit of offence.He knew that this must be a very emotional time for her.Recalling certain events wasnt easy.He was sure she hadn't talked to anyone about this.He listened patiently as she told him what had happened.She must be passing through a hard time.It was good that she had finally found an outlet for her feelings."I am sure you mut be very close to your father."he said wondering what he would feel if this happened to him."How is your mother?And your baby brother,or is it a sister?" he asked her.He wondered if the delivery of the baby had been successful.

"I was. Not any more." She shook her head. "It's hard to be close to someone who's hundreds of miles away and not allowed anywhere near me." Shaylah leaned back on the tree and looked up at the sky. It was a dark grey by now and it seemed to sum up the mood she was in. "Both. My mum had twins. They're only half brother and sister though. They have a different dad." Shaylah realised this was probably confusing for him. "I didn't know who my mum was until last christmas. Then my mum's ex husband died and she re-married my dad but she was already pregnant with theodore's babies." This was one reason why Shaylah was so close to her dad. She never had a mum or any siblings and she wasn't exactly the most popular person around when she lived in Scotland.

Jake had to really concentrate to understand.He hadn't known that a pregnant can have tow kids with different fathers but he probably didn't know enough about pregnancy.He looked a the sky when she did.It was growing dark.He realised that he hadn't asked the girl's name yet.He hoped it wouldn't sound weird to be asking her name when they were talking about such a serious thing.

"Um,by the way,I am Jacob."he told her with a smile,"I hope you feel better now.It always helps to share your feelings with your friends.I guess I could call myself your friend."he told her with a smile.He hoped that she would feel better now that she had let her emotions out.

Shaylah kept her breathing slow and deep to try and control the rest of her body. She could feel anger pulsing through her blood and flooding her whole body. She didn't understand why this boy seemed to care about her so much. What had she ever done to make someone care about her. She spent most of her free time beating people up and didn't care about the consequences.
Shay to turned to him when he introduced himself and gave him her best excuse for a smile that she could. "I'm Shaylah." She shook her head. "Talking never seems to do anything for me. It's good having a friend though. I seem to have a maximum of three friends now. I get too moody with all my friends and end up in fights with all of them. I have two friends who I've known practically since I was born and my half sister is one of my friends." She shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back