Reluctant to be here

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri walked shakily into the hospital wing, "Nina," she said gripping her arm. "I really don't want to be here," she said quietly, looking around at the clean white sheets and smelling the disinfectant. Her aversion to food was a relapse she knew, but there was nothing she felt she could do right now. Deep down she knew it was better to be here, to get it sorted out quickly.

Nina looked at Harri and she hugged her friend gently and said, "It'll be fine, how about we go into the Nurse's office? It doesn't smell as sickly as out here." She grinned at Harri and led her over to one of the nurses office.

[which ever nurse posts first]

Harri nodded. "That sounds better," she siad weakly following Nina over to one of the nurses office.

Nina tapped her wand on the door slightly as she waited and she looked over at Harri as she said, "Excuse me Nurse Kanti, can I talk to you about something?" She smiled sheepishly at Harri.

Pearl was sitting at her desk reading when she heard a knock on the door. "Hello, what would you like to talk about?" Pearl said giving the girls a warm smile. "Please sit down" She said pointing to the chairs in the office.

Nina looked over at Nurse Kanti and she walked in her arm around Harri in case Harri suddenly got the idea to run away. She sat down on the chair closest to the door then said, "My friend, Harri, has um anorexia and umm." She put her friend on Harri's shoulder softly and bit her lip anxiously as she waited for a response from either of them.

Harri smiled weakly as the nurse joined them and they went into her office, she felt Nina's arm on her stopping her from running. "No, I used to have it..." she quickly corrected Nina. "I'm fine now really," she said smiling weakly, "Nina's just over reacting,"she siad laughing shakily.

Pearl frowned "Oh my, are you sure your fine? how long ago did ou start eating again?" Pearl asked in a worried tone.

"Eating?" Harri repeated slowly, "Erm a little while ago," she lied looking at Nina and hoping she wouldn't contradit her. "But really I think I have it under control," she said shakily.

Nina shot the nurse a look that showed that Harri was lying then she said in a small voice, "She wouldn't eat today, I tried to get her to eat but she said she couldn't." Nina looked over at her friend showing her concern and then looked over at the nurse nervously.

Pearl frowned "Dear you have to eat, your beautiful and there no reason to starve your self" Pearl said looking to the red haired girl.

Nina frowned at the Nurse's response then thought, Well she's bloody useful, god it would be so much easier just to force feed her. She looked down and said, "Appearance isn't the issue here, she's stressed out, and if I may be blunt you aren't doing a very good job trying to rid someone of anorexia and bulimia(sp?)!" Nina grunted frustratedly not caring about what she had just said. It was true, this was not going to help her friend at all.

"Im sorry but nothing is going to help her untill she decides to help her self" Pearl replied. "and theres nothing i can do about it"

Harri smiled at the nurse, "Exactly, I have to do this myself Nina," she mumbled trying to sound strong despite the fact her whole body was shaking.
"Come on i'm going, thanks," she said to the nurse before walking to the exit on wobbly legs.

Pearl walked after the girl and put a hand on her shoulder "dear, if you ever need to talk im here" She said with a reassuring smile. "and if theres ever anything i can help you with please tell me" She said looking at the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back