OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Marc was already over this. He was just as invisible in this school as he'd been when he was home. He'd stuck around in the Great Hall just long enough to snag some food before he'd taken off again, breakfast in hand, and found his way to the empty students lounge. It was close to his common room without actually needing to say some stupid password to get back in. He was reading a book, poking at his breakfast slowly as he turned the page.

Arcadia had been exploring the school ever since that first morning. Before classes was the perfect way to learn the routes to take after all. She was now on the fourth floor, having been doing a floor or two before breakfast and now on to the next few. She entered a small lounge area that was cozy. She wondered if it would often be too populated to study. She saw one student sitting there, apparently not interested in eating in the great hall. Arc thought for a second before approaching and pointing at a seat near him. "Is this seat taken?" Asked the first year.

Marc was content to eat on his own. He looked up, mouth full of breakfast, when he heard someone speak. He considered a moment, chewing slowly as he looked her over. He shrugged, not caring if she sat or not, but he didn't stop her either. He just motioned to the seat with the fork and went back to his food, taking another bite.

The boy shrugged and Arcadia took that as a sign to sit. She unloaded her bag from her shoulder and took out her book. It was some fantasy novel about the magical world - Something she only knew was fiction because it was labeled as such, but she didn't know which parts were. She tried to sit quietly and read but curiosity got the better of her the more she peeked up at the boy. "Are you... also a first year?" Asked the distinctly European girl.

Marc looked up from his breakfast, looking over the girl and considering her before he spoke. "Yeah," He offered, before taking another bite of his food. He was slow to respond, but decided he might as well. He didn't have anything better to do, anyway. "You?" He questioned, playing with his food.

Arcadia noted how long he took to answer. Was he suspicious of her motives? Maybe he didn't think she wanted to be friends. However he answered and she smiled. It took him a few more minutes but he returned the question and she nodded. "Yeah. I actually... had no idea magic existed until this. Well I mean real magic and not just like card tricks like I do." She said with a laugh. "Did you know about it?"

Marcus was involved in this conversation now, somehow. He should at least attempt to reply. He was still slow about it, though, eating a bit more of his food. "Nah. Mum's a witch, but dad's muggle. Didn't know until my magic showed up," He offered. "You do magic tricks?" He asked, thinking that would give him a chance to eat without replying too much.

Arcadia smiled at what he said. "That's so cool. I'm the eldest of like a ton of siblings. We think I'm just the first to be magical." She shared. When he asked about her magic tricks she perked up. "Yes! If you'd like to see I have some cards!" She said pulling out the deck from her bag that she carried with her. She wasn't the world's most skilled magician but she knew a few tricks. "Here, pick a card!" She said smiling.

Marc didn't comment, letting her talk about her siblings. He wished he was the oldest; then he wouldn't be in this mess. But he wasn't, so instead he just kept quiet, munching on his breakfast. When she offered to let him pick a card, he reached out, running his finger over the deck before pulling one. He raised a brow. Two of hearts. He offered it back to her, face down, figuring the point was that she didn't get to see it.

Arcadia smiled as he picked a card and then grinned more when he set it down face down. "Clearly you've been shown this trick before." She said half joking. She then began to seemingly shuffle the deck, but she knew her card would remain on top. She smiled and pulled up the card. "Two of hearts?" She asked, showing him.

Last edited:
Marcus blinked, mildly impressed. There was probably some trick to it. "Well done," He gave her half a smile. "Know any other tricks?" He questioned, his attention more on her now. He'd admit it, she'd caught his attention. He didn't really care for magic normally, but she had a sparkle in her eyes that drew him in a bit more.

Arcadia smiled back when he gave her a little smile. That's what she was after when it came to her magic, people smiling and enjoying themselves. "I have more tricks in my room! I can bring them to show you sometime if you ever want!" She offered, almost a little too eager to show off her lame tricks.

Marc blinked. Huh. She wasn't... annoyingly cheerful. That was a first. He took another bite of his food. "Alright," He offered after a bit, "That wouldn't be terrible." He shrugged, looking back to his plate. "Do you like anything other than magic tricks you like?" He offered, trying to get her talking again.

Arcadia felt like this was a win. The boy wanted to see more tricks sometime and also wanted to keep talking. Her first friend! "Yeah! I think that flowers are cool." She said. "I'm excited to take herbology and learn about magical ones. What about you?"

Marcus considered her question. "I'm not sure I really care," He shrugged. "Lessons are lessons and lessons are annoying," He countered. He just stuck his hands in his pockets and leaned back on the back legs of his chair, looking at her. "You're almost like... annoyingly chipper," He commented, without any heat in his voice- it was just an observation.

The boy before her seemed so disinterested with anything they talked about, adn she wondered what his interests were and how to get him out of his shell. He made an observation about her chipperness and she blushed, embarrassed to be called annoyingly anything. She looked down at her nubby fingernails, that she chewed quite often. "Sorry, I just was really excited to make magical friends." She admitted quietly.

Marc was still studying her. "Don't apologize," He countered. "Doesn't mean its bad," He tried to knock his knee against hers. "Don't ever be sorry for who you are. It's what makes you interesting." He shrugged like it was obvious. "Sides, you've got one now, don't you?" He gave her a half of a smile- it was genuine, and fairly normal for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back