Relaxing...

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa had just finished a homework assignment and decided to take a break. She was a little tired. Working hard in classes, getting around and meeting new people. She just needed to relax a little bit. She was sitting in a chair at a table, her textbook closed and her piece of parchment with her assignment written on it turned over so nobody could look at it. She had a smile on her face as usual.

Hiria desperately needed to get some essays finished, and was looking for a tutor. and was in the library. A 4th year Hufflpuff girl Vanessa Parker had owled her about being the tutor, and said to meet her in the library. Hiria looked around and spotted a girl in Hufflepuff uniform. "Are you Vanessa Parker?" She asked.

Vanessa nodded at the girl. "Yup, that's me," she said. She pushed away her homework assignment and textbook and pulled her old first year textbooks in front of her. She had never gotten rid of them, she didn't want to. Vanessa was glad that they were the same books the new first years bought and the list hadn't changed. "I guess you're Hiria HallButcher?" She had to make sure that it was the right person.

"That's me!" Hiria said. and she sat down. "the first thing I need some help with is a History of magic essay. It has to be no lesss than 150 words, and no more than 500. It has to be on King Arthur, Merlin, or the Medival times." (OOC- It's due tomorrow help!)

"I was thinking of doing Merlin anyway, because he sounds the most interesting. So, yup."

"Alright. and it's ok. I've never really had a real tutor before, except when my friend Ailsa helped me with my muggle homework." She said, getting ready to read the chapter on merlin.

((This can help you with homework for History of Magic. Won't post her reading it here because it would be a lot of words on the screen.))

Vanessa nodded. She moved the book over to Hiria and moved her chair over so they could both see well. "Arguably the most well-known wizard of all time...." she started. She read the rest of the page on Merlin and when she was finished she said, "You can always refer to the book, you don't have to memorize it. Very helpful tip."

"Thanks." she said. "But it's just that in particular, I find writing essays hard, muggle school or wizard school."

"I am a writer, I love to write creatively, but when it comes to essays and stuff like that, I find it hard." Hiria said and agreed to the sentence thing.

"I like to write in a creative way, also," Vanessa said. "Although I can do essays when I need to. Let's see..." She took out some parchment with her quill and ink. She wrote a few sentences on the parchment.
Merlin lived in the Medieval time period, also known as the Middle Ages. It is apparent that he lived in between the fifth and sixth centuries, although nobody is really sure.
She looked up from the parchment as she put her quill in the ink and left it in there. "Now you try putting that in to your own words, and we'll see if it works out."

Hiria would try her best.
Merlin was a great wizard who lived in Medieval times, sometimes known as the Middle Ages. According to some, he lived in between the 5th and 6th centuries, but not everyone is sure.
Hiria put the quill down. "Is that right?" Hiria asked unsurely.

Vanessa read over what Hiria had wrote. "That's great," she said. "A tip for writing essays, because I won't be able to help you with every single one. There will always be one of the books you bought for school that you can look in. Find the thing you're learning about, and read the whole thing. Then just try to put the important things in it in to your own words." She started writing, this time she would write less, and see if the girl could continue.
Merlin was born to parents who were not married to each other. His mother was a princess of Dyfed. His father is unknown, as is the identity of the princess's father.
She stopped writing and waited again for Hiria to put it in to her own words.

Hiria would again try her best.
Merlin was born to an unwed couple. His mother was of Dyfed royalty. His father is still unknown, also unknown is the identity of the princess's father.
Hiria again asked "Is that right?"

Hiria was going to try her best on her own this time.
The name Merlin was penned by a prophet in or around the 10th century. Merlin was not in fact his original name. He was known to some as Emrys, but later this was changed to the Latin for Merlin's birthplace, Myrddin in Wales.
"Is this good?" she asked.

Vanessa read the next section of the book before Hiria finished. She then read Hiria's version of it. "Yes," she said. "It means the same thing, but is not copying it from the book. I mean, they want you to put it in to your own words. If you don't, you're not doing any work." She blushed. "Sorry, a little off topic there. Try doing a bit more on your own this time, I need to do a little more for a class... just realized I forgot to do it." She went and did the part of the homework she had forgotten to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back