Relation Complication

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor sighed resting her head against the glass of the window. She shouldn't be worrying about this? It was unreasonable, but after her Dad acting the way he did in his office, Tay was beginning to fear the meeting that would take place on the next Brightstone weekend. Taylor reached down to pet Albus. She found herself bringing her owl everywhere nowadays. He was just nice company when she just wanted to let her thoughts wander. At the moment they were on this Avory lady. Would she be nice? Would she take Keith away like Taylor feared she would. After her Dad had been too busy writing a letter to his girlfriend to properly acknowledge Taylor when she went to visit, it had left her with all kinds of bad feelings.

Her mind went from her Dad to Raffael. The boy hadn't changed much and Taylor thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him. He hadn't said much about his love life, only that he hadn't been in anything serious since she had seen him last in France. He did mention a girl named Hadan briefly but Taylor couldn't get much out of him about her. Taylor found herself still blushing at things he said every now and again, but maybe that was just old memories coming out to play with her mind. She smiled to herself at the thought of a whole year with Scorpius. The feeling of being with him was fantastic. Raff was nothing when compared to Scorpius. Taylor had detected the obvious awkwardness between the two at Hoshi's party, but it was natural she supposed. Taylor would feel weird if Scorpius had Luna live with him. Although Raffael and Taylor hadn't formally broken up, they had just accepted that Taylor's holiday would come to an end and that was that. Taylor bit her lip, yet another thing that worried her. Maybe she would talk to Scorp about it. If his jealously was anything like her own, then it could possibly be a problem. Why hadn't she thought of how Scorpius felt before? She had too much on her plate right now. Not to mention her Mother acting strange about some guy that she wouldn't tell Taylor about.
"Relationships cause so much drama." She whispered to Albus with a sigh. A soft hoot was his reply as he ruffled his feathers under Taylor's touch.

Wendy was feeling a bit lightheaded these days ever since she had come back to Hogwarts. She was still working out daily and drinking lots of water but for some reason her body seemed weak. During meals Wendy would force herself to eat but she always felt so sick she would just end up throwing it up later, so the only solution she thought of was to skip out on large meals and eat small snacks in between to keep her healthy like she wanted to be.

After her daily routine of going to class, working out, and showering, Wendy got dressed in a green dress and left her dirty blonde hair hanging loosely around her face. She was trying to dress more fashionably lately because now that she was in her third year at Hogwarts, she still had very little friends. After observing everyone around her and especially her half sister Isabella, Wendy had come to the conclusion that it was your appearance that mattered to a lot of these Hogwarts kids. Normally Wendy wouldn't care about her look and what people thought of her, but at the moment she was feeling very insecure and vulnerable so she was trying to at least begin to dress better.

Still feeling somewhat ill, she decided that perhaps she needed a bit of fresh air and quiet, so the Gryffindor girl left her common room and decided to go up to the North tower where she thought she'd get exactly that. Her small feet barely made any noise as she went up the stairs and entered the place and sighed rather audibly. Then her blue eyes landed on another person there already and without even knowing if they noticed her at all, quickly said, "Sorry I didn't know anyone was here already!"

Taylor jumped when she heard a voice, she hadn't heard anyone coming up the stairs at all. She turned and noticed a girl she shared a dorm with, but hadn't spoken to since first year briefly at Brightstone, or maybe it was Obsidian, that's how much Taylor couldn't remember of the girl. "That's okay." She said with a small smile. "There's plenty of space up here." She said with a shrug, her eyes roaming the area absently, falling on the window that her and Scorpius had been stood at when he told her about Luna. It felt like such a long time ago.

Biting her lip, Taylor looked back at the girl. "I feel a little bad, we've been room-mates since first year and I can't even remember your name." Taylor admitted apologetically, silently asking for the girl to tell her what it was.

Wendy smiled softly as the girl said there was plenty of space up here, indicating that it was okay for her to be here as well. Wendy walked over to the opposite end of the tower, just to give her some space if she wanted it. She recognized the girl as a fellow Gryffindor, her roommate to be more specific, but the two had never seemed to talk more than once back in first year, twice maybe. Wendy couldn't blame her, the two had completely different sets of friends, her moreso than Wendy, and it wasn't exactly like because they were roommates they were required to talk to each other.

Wendy was looking out at the scenery, about to take a sip from her water bottle when she felt the girl looking at her, not in a weird way or anything, but just as if she wanted to say something. Wendy turned her blue eyes over to the girl just as she spoke up, voicing something along the lines of exactly what she had just been thinking about. Wendy smiled softly in response to the girl's apologetic smile and said, "That's okay, I didn't expect you to, and truthfully I hate to admit it but yours seems to have slipped my mind too," the Gryffindor girl replied. "I'm Wendy," she re-introduced herself to her roommate.

Taylor let out a small chuckle, glad the girl didn't hold anything against her for forgetting her name. She was also slightly pleased that the other Gryffindor couldn't remember her name either, it didn't make Taylor look as bad. "I'm Taylor." She said with a grin. "I won't forget your name now, I promise." She admitted and let her gaze fall back to the scenery the back of her mind trying to push thoughts of Avory forward, but Taylor held them back, choosing instead to focus on making a conversation. "What electives are you taking this year?" She asked lamely, although it was better than nothing at all. A part of Taylor regretted not keeping up friendships with Wendy, having been room-mates since first year, even changing to the same dorm this year, it seemed a shame that they had let what could have been a good friendship slip away. It's never too late. Taylor's mind reminded herself.

Wendy smiled as the girl re-introduced herself to her as well, glad that the two of them didn't seem to have remembered each others names because it would've probably been more awkward if one of them remembered the other's name and the other didn't. This way, they didn't have to feel as guilty knowing that it went both ways. Wendy laughed a little as Taylor said she wouldn't forget her name from now on. "Same here," she replied playfully as she leaned against the wall of the tower. When Taylor asked what electives she was taking, Wendy replied with, "Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies," with a small smile. Even though she had grown up as a Muggle her entire life, she wanted to see what the wizarding world thought of their world and their objects, it just seemed like fun really. "What about you?" she asked in return, having a million questions for Taylor but deciding only to ask one at a time.

Taylor grinned, hoping that they could both keep their promise. "Oh awesome. I was going to do Muggle Studies, but I changed my mind. I have Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy and Divination." She said with a smile. "What's Muggle Studies like?" She asked, curious as to whether she had made the right decision in not taking it. Taylor was glad the conversation was going fairly smoothly, it kept her mind away from all the other issues that clouded her mind.

[Wow, fail post. :lawlz: ]

If the usual creaking sound effects on floorboards and sudden music announcing the arrival of a ghastly ghoul that one usually sees in horror movies could've happened just then, it would definitely have done so.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Clunk!

The soft footsteps and the final echoing clap upon the floor marked the arrival of a tall, well-built boy, whose skin appeared to be eternally pale. Sharp eyes flickered from side to side, watching the place with the intense gaze of a predator hunting it's prey. Dressed in very plain clothes of black and white, he made a stunning appearance with a single firebolt earring, various precious rings, and an ornate decorated necklace that turned his otherwise unremarkable apparel into something similar to a God's form of dress. "Hm?" His sultry, sickeningly seductive voice rang out as he spotted the two girls while turning around a corner.

"Taylor Mercer." The boy exclaimed softly, his unnerving pale orbs settling upon her countenance like a Grim Reaper marking his target. "Hi." Henric greeted, a relatively simple greeting becoming something like a death threat with the powerful commanding ring in his voice, made there when he wanted it to be. "Whose you friend?" He asked politely while spinning a simple, sturdy wooden pole in his grasp and smiling calmly at the two. He looked for all the world like a handsome serpent attempting to decide which one he should eat at this time.

Wendy's eyes grew big as Taylor listed off her electives, impressed. "Wow cool," Wendy replied with a grin. "What're Arithmancy and Divination like?" she asked just as Taylor asked what Muggle Studies was like. "I'll let you know once I take it," she answered with a small chuckle. Unfortunately for her it wasn't scheduled until next semester.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, someone else appeared at the entrance way to the tower. Wendy turned to look at the newcomer, noting how eerily perfect he looked. Immediately something attracted her to him, that was just like her, liking all the people she couldn't have, but showed no indication of being attracted in him. He and Taylor seemed to know each other due to the way he greeted her, though the way the words were coming out of his mouth so calmly didn't match the look in his eyes. Wendy's brows furrowed slightly in skepticism and confusion over her azure blue eyes but chose not to say anything.

When he mentioned her, asking Taylor who her friend was, Wendy decided not to be silent any longer, knowing she could speak for herself. "Wendy Chaos," she introduced herself, a small smile upon her face. "And you are?" she asked, her voice mingled with politeness and complete curiosity.

The boy tilted his head slightly to view the girl with an amused sort of expression that he should answer first. "Henric Lee." He answered smoothly, his voice ringing throughout the tower walls as he smiled at her with a charming, yet thoroughly constructed artificial smile. "Chaos...?" He pondered over the name for a moment, and then nodded at her with another sly smile. "I know your sister." He said politely, "Isabella Chaos."

Henric seemed to slither across the floor as his robes crept after him - No, more like he floated across the surface of the cold floor with eerie graceful movements that made it seem like his feet never hit the ground. "Nice to meet you." Henric commented, with a bow of his head towards Wendy's general direction. Canting his head slightly, the boy viewed both girls while his dark hair obscured his pale gray orbs from sight. "What are you two doing here, then?" The pale boy asked warmly.

Wendy knew it was coming, but it still didn't stop her from rolling her blue eyes as he repeated her last name, instantly connecting it with that of her older sister's. She still didn't understand why her mother couldn't have just named her after her last name, it wasn't as if she and her father had even known each other to consider a possible relationship between the two, but she supposed that when you met a man with the last name 'Chaos' it wasn't hard to forget his name, and thus name their illegitimate child after him in case she wanted to one day find him.

Wendy nodded her head once as he said he knew her sister, making him even more off limits to Wendy because anything or anyone Isabella liked, she couldn't like otherwise the progress they made with their friendship would go right back to square one and Isabella would hate her all over again. "Funny, I would never expect my sister to know someone..like you," Wendy commented with a smirk on her face, not intending for it to come out rude so she hoped her tone was a bit playful. She had to wonder if the two would know each other even if they weren't on the same Quidditch team.

Wendy bowed her head once in return when he said it was nice to meet her and replied, "Same here," with a smile. Wendy looked over at Taylor, wondering what her reaction to this mysterious boy would be, and looked back at him when he asked what they were doing here. Wendy shrugged her small shoulders and said, "Just thinking I guess." After figuring she had said enough, Wendy took a sip from her water bottle to allow Taylor to talk to Henric now.

Taylor let out a small chuckle when they both asked what the others subjects were like at the same time. She was about to answer after Wendy, when she heard a disturbingly familiar voice. Turning her head she met the piercing eyes of Henric Lee. She felt herself tense slightly, a natural reaction after the awful threats he had given her last school year. Oh, not to mention the fact she almost got killed when he tipped her broom. Instead of answering, she let Wendy talk. Taylor wondered what Henric was doing here and more importantly what he wanted.

Taylor was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard the last name Chaos. "Wait. Wendy Chaos? I didn't know you were related to Isabella." Taylor said, although it was a stupid statement. Taylor would have never guessed it. Wendy was completely different to Isabella and only now that she was aware of the fact did Taylor realise they looked slightly alike. Taylor knew it wouldn't make her like Wendy less, Taylor wasn't like that, but if Wendy and Taylor because good friends, it would be rather weird being enemies with her sister.

The conversation between Wendy and Henric went on for a short time longer. It wasn't until a silence, that Taylor contributed to the discussion. "Yeah, pretty much just thinking." She said, attempting to be casual with a shrug, but secretly feeling nervousness about Henric's motives. "What are you doing here?" She asked in return, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Walking." Henric said, as if that answered every question the world had to ask. He canted his head sideways, "And ... Well. Why don't you take a look to behind me?" His own penetrating gaze broke away from her and flickered towards the walls at his back, which were decked out in a bright array of colors and moving creatures that seemed to be enchanted onto the walls. "I'm ..." He paused for a moment, mulling over which words to use. "... Painting?" The pale Slytherin boy smiled wistfully at the two. He showed none of the hostility he had displayed last year to Taylor, and he certainly presented himself as nothing more than an extraordinarily charming figure of perfection today.

The boy's gray eyes fixed onto Taylor abruptly. "So, Mercer. Your love life isn't going well?" He lifted his hand to his face as he spoke, allowing a swarthy, stern toad to creep onto his hand and fix it's large eyes on Taylor accusingly. Henric smiled at her once more, a smile that could very possibly freeze all the blood in one's veins. "I heard rumors." He lied pleasantly, clearly having other sources of information.

Taylor glanced behind Henric when he recommended it and noticed a wall full of brightly moving colours. She raised an eyebrow as her eyes moved back to Henric. She didn't trust his smooth attitude and charming demeanour for a second. She raised her other eyebrow at his statement looking at Henric incredulously. "What have you heard? My love life is fine." She said, admittedly feeling slightly uneasy, but knowing she had nothing to worry about. Her and Scorpius were great, apart from Knight feeling a little uneasy about the whole Raffael situation, but surely it wasn't anything to worry about. Or did Taylor have something to worry about? Did Henric know something that Taylor didn't? The Gryffindor threw the thoughts aside, Henric was probably trying to mess with her head, just like he had at the Quidditch game.

A low chuckle resonated across the walls as Henric said quietly, "Really?" In an amused sort of voice. Raising his head, dark hair cascading down his fringe, he raised his hand to his shoulder to allow the wise-looking toad to take sanctuary there. Lowering his hand, he walked over calmly towards Taylor, eyes fixed upon hers, his disturbingly powerful gaze locked onto his eyes.

"Can you be ... quite so sure ... Taylor?" Purposefully speaking in a slow, deliberate voice to allow her to think about his words, his voice had switched from his usual cold, charming voice, going from aloof to concerned in a matter of seconds, as his pale gray orbs bored into her own. As he moved, the robes covering his neck slid down slightly, revealing an intricate dragon tattoo that seemed to glare up at Taylor. The tattoo disappointing as fast as it appeared when Henric re-adjusted his position, and smiled - kindly - at her.

His words were a mere whisper as he said, "How many people know what it feels like to be pierced through the heart?"

Taylor kept her eyes on Henric's, trying to match his piercing gaze, but knowing she couldn't quite measure up. As he walked closer Taylor couldn't help but feel that every time Henric was around it felt like she was in a horror film. It was the way Henric moved and spoke, like a snake looking for prey and unfortunately Taylor was that chosen prey today. She furrowed her brows at his words. What if Scorpius had been complaining about their relationship? What if Henric had seen him with another girl? Taylor suddenly became extremely paranoid. She didn't know why Henric was making these assumptions, so what else could she assume?

At the next question Taylor shook off her paranoid thoughts. The feeling was still there, but she dimmed it as much as she could. "I would say quite a few people actually." She tried for strong, but it never felt as tough as she wanted it to around Henric. Clearing her throat, she tried again, narrowing her eyes slightly. "Anyone that has actually cared about someone probably knows the feeling. Isn't it a shame you will never feel it." She said coldly, managing the tone she wanted. She was sick of Henric showing up and making her feel weak. She was a Gryffindor, it was time to start acting like one. She probably had nothing to worry about with Scorpius, Henric was just being annoying. She pulled her eyes away from the Slytherin boy and stepped back, instead looking over at Wendy, almost apologetically. The interruption from their conversation wasn't the most pleasant one.

Lips curled upwards into what could be a magnificent sneer, Henric managed to transform it into a slow, deliberate smirk as he watched Taylor, tilting his head as his gaze studied every feature on her face. "But I already have." He whispered, his voice turning into a slight hiss, making him seem more and more like a dangerous predatory serpent. Turning away from Taylor, as if losing interest in her as she did in him, he blinked lazily at Wendy casually, his features turning once more into those of an exceedingly handsome individual, "Sorry for the interruption." He purred, twirling his wand out from within his robes. "Do you like art?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back