Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Having lived a life in a haze since his fifth year, Ryuu Arai was not really living his life the way most would see it. Ryuu might have been a school Prefect and he had to hold some power to him, he did not feel it. Ryuu instead was focusing on what he was doing in his real life right now. With all of his family excluding his grandfather dead, it was something else to live out on his own. Many times, Ryuu had contemplated leaving the school because he had nothing holding him here. Many times he thought about getting a real job but he needed to graduate to do that. It was hard to think what he wanted to do after he graduated. He felt rather lost and without guidance without his father around to teach him anything anymore. He had been learning medicines, but if he had learned so much, why could he not have saved his father from dying? While he was walking up to the towers, a place he loved to be, it was mid-afternoon. The skies were cloudy, and rain was pouring down. He entered the North Tower, and he crossed the room to lean against the wall next to the window while he stared out and watched the rain quench the thirst of the trees and grass. One could see everything from the top of the towers, see the students fleeing from the rain, see some dancing in it as if they were just a few years younger of that they started when they were first years. The lake even seemed to be so thirsty, it was swallowing the water as well as it fell from the heavens.

The Gryffindor's pale blue eyes washed over the landscape, as he wondered over his options. His thoughts landed on his house that he had inherited from his family. It came with a graveyard with the ashes of his family, but that was the only thing really impressive about it. The rest, it was a two bedroom house and it was something small and cozy. Ryuu could never leave his home in Japan. It was lonely there though, that was a definite thing. Ryuu thought over the details of his home, and that was the beauty of not having electricity and rent to pay. It was his. Ryuu glanced down at his hands, his white, pasty looking hands that were gentle to the touch, but could be deadly when possible. Ryuu fidgeted with his outfit for a moment, and he glanced out the window once more. What ever happened to make him so out of it? It was as if he could not focus on anything for more than a long period of time. It was frustrating actually. Ryuu brushed his silky black hair out of his face and he stared down. In the distance, his owl came by and rested on the window seal. The owl was a Screech owl, but his name was Yemon. Ryuu stroked the feathers of the tame owl, and knew that it favored his father but now that he passed, Yemon came around Ryuu a lot more. He was not carrying anything right now. Ryuu fed it a treat, before Yemon perched on his shoulder, and Ryuu turned his back on the entrance to the North Tower, to see everything out the window. The rain was slowing down, no wonder Yemon wanted inside. The owl hated to get wet.

Merlina Caliburn was doing her best to settle into Hogwarts after so long away, being tutored privately had it's advantages but there was nothing like proper class work experience and the practicality of learning amongst your peers. She was happy to be back though the death of her grandfather shook her hard, he had been ill a long time much longer than she had thought he would be. The entire family had expected him to die much sooner than he had and as a result Merlina had not returned to Hogwarts until now. Two years of an absence and she thought no one would remember her but her Ravenclaw housemates had been friendly enough again, though to be honest she had never been a very friendly person to begin with. There was only one who had held her to this school, otherwise she would have gone along with her family and stayed on with her tutor. Things had not turned out as she had hoped however, her best friend or former best friend had not sought her out as she thought he might but then again she had not gone to any great lengths to do so with him either. Fear had gripped her every time she saw his exquisitely carved face; his pale features and dark brooding eyes had been in her dreams so often over the past two years that seeing the real thing gave her goosebumps. She had written to him but had never received a reply back, the family owl though old and somewhat silly, had returned time and again empty to her. So she knew her letters were getting to him but nothing was being sent back to her.

She had been so easy to forget it seemed and it broke her heart. For a while she had wanted to go to the North Tower where they had shared a dance two years before but she couldn't bring herself too, at least not until now. Hoping that it would be empty she walked solemnly there to let her mind rest. She was tired of wondering about their friendship and it's possibilities, it was so obvious now that it had never meant to him all it had meant to her. Opening the door to the tower she turned and closed it gently behind her, her gaze barely lifted from the black shoes she wore as she pondered on whether or not she should simply write to her family and tell them that she would return for good at Yuletide. The flutter of wings caused her to look upwards and her breath caught in her throat, before she could stop herself she spoke.

"Ryuu!" it was a single gasp uttered in surprise, the very one she thought constantly about was standing now with his back to her, dressed all in black. It didn't matter that he was facing away from her, she would recognise him anywhere. The temptation to turn around and leave was high but her feet did not move her back to the door but closer to where he stood.

Yemon gave out a screech before taking flight once more, and Ryuu figured that he must have seen a mouse to go and hunt. Ryuu let out a soft sigh and wondered what life would be like without his family. Well, more or less his father. This was the first time ever making choices of his own that could risk his entire future. What was he to do? Ryuu shifted once more as he adjusted the way he was standing. Funny how life and fate treated him, as if it had a sense of humor that Ryuu had trouble picking up on. At least he knew what he was to be a guardian of, his future love or something of the sort. Ryuu understood the harshness of his training more now than he ever before. But his thoughts could not be helped when he thought of Merlina, a girl that had befriended him and accepted him for who he was, what he was. And here he stood, could not remember the last time he saw her. His classes went by so fast, he never paid attention at whom was in the classroom, just that the professor was teaching something that he would understand much later on. Ryuu had not heard from her in some time, and he wondered what happened to that Ravenclaw.

A surprised gasp of his name made him freeze all thoughts entirely. Not many would speak to him, other than the common prefects, but this voice was amazingly similar to someone that he was just thinking about. Ryuu slowly turned around, and his pale eyes sank in the vision that stood before him. Amazed, yet he was not believing what he saw. He did not know that she had returned, but he knew for a fact that it was Merlina Caliburn. Ryuu just stood at her in disbelief, if he blinked, she might just turn out to be another illusion. Ryuu could not handle seeing things that were not there. It drove him nuts because it meant that he had some sort of connection and it was being missed. But she looked as frozen on the spot as he did. There was something in his eyes, hurt maybe? Because he had not heard from her in some time, but there always had to be an explanation for it. Ryuu shifted his eyes to the ground for a moment, before he stared right back at the Ravenclaw. Yes, she was there, really there. This was not a rouge. Merlina had in fact returned to Hogwarts. Softly, his words were spoken, "Merlina... You've been..." Ryuu could not even finish the sentence. He was just in utter shock. Almost a year, or maybe two? He had long forgotten.

He seemed taller than she remembered, leaner somehow and if at all possible more breathtaking. Her heart was already racing and though her face desperately wanted to break into a smile on seeing him she forced herself not too. They were not the silly children they had been when they had first met, she was not going to kiss him willy nilly and hope beyond hope that he would respond. She was not going to stand on his feet as they moved to imaginary music or cling to him sodden with rain. There had been so many times in their years together as friends that had seemed so perfectly romantic but she knew now that it was only so to her. Not only had she not meant anything like that to him but the friendship that she had held so very dear had not meant the same to him either. How often in the first few months had she sent the families infernal owl off with a letter to him, only for it to return with nothing more than ruffled feathers. Time and again she had hoped he would respond to one of them, the first one where she had laid thick every anecdote about friendship or the second one where she had told him how desperately she missed him even though barely a week had passed. Part of her had hoped that the third letter, where she had poured her heart out finally disclosing to him that she loved him would have been the letter to shake a response from him but none came and though she continued to send him letters she reverted to an informal tone in them from there on in, eventually the letters she sent dwindled down to one a month and these were nothing more than a brief telling of how her grandfather was fairing, her academic record through her private tutor and the weather.

She felt suddenly the pain behind her racing heart, as if it felt again the poignant betrayal she had felt back then. Looking at him she wished she felt nothing for him but it was clear to her now as it was clear to her the first day she had met him, she would always care for him much to the detriment of her heart.
"Gone?" she finished for him her Italian accent punctuating the word heavily, "How good of you to notice, I suppose you hoped I would not return?" she asked unable to repress the temperament of her heritage. Merlina had always voiced her opinions and having spent so much time back in the bosom of her family had been invigorated with this failing more than ever. She was not prepared to run and hide from him, she would stay and stand. Fight for the friendship he had so callously tossed away and if it was not to be, then she would have her say at least.

If only those letters had gotten to him, but the reason why he had never written her first was because well, he recently perfected his English writing, and then there was the fact that Yemon was just now his, and was only used in emergency situations. Ryuu never really understood the contacting in letters, but the fact remained, she had left when he realized that the feelings he had for her were exactly the feelings that his father had for his mother before she passed away. He could not really describe those feelings, but he knew what they felt like. Which was why he was so perturbed with her gone, he had blocked himself from feeling hurt and depressed and went into a hollow shell. But now, it was all flooding back, and he was struggling. It was easier to not feel than it was to face the hurt. He knew it, but it was also a coward thing to do. Ryuu was extremely conflicted. Ryuu heard her words, and he gave her an odd look. Why in the world would he want that? He did not want her to not return. He wanted her here at Hogwarts, where he felt that she belonged - though the true feeling was belonging with him but he did not comprehend it very well at all. He really needed to get a good feeling on what he felt about someone.

With a soft tone, the way he always spoke to her, he murmured, "Why would I have wanted something like that?" He wanted to approach her, stare into those brown eyes with his pale blue eyes, but he did not move. He was frozen to the place where he stood. His arms hung loosely at his side, and his gaze went to the ground. Shaking his head softly, he did not want to say what had happened while she was away. No, now was not the time. He then remembered, she never contacted him, never told her that she was leaving. He felt like he was the one being betrayed, but truthfully, it was a ruddy owl that led both Lion and Raven astray. Ryuu stated, "I was under the impression that what we had was nothing to you. I never heard from you at all. Left without a word..." He once wrote a letter, but then he couldn't send an owl off to the distance without knowing where it was going, right? Ryuu really did not know how that worked, especially with the school owls. Ryuu wondered how this could compare what he was supposed to feel when his father gotten sick and passed. Which would bother him more? Merlina, or death? Ryuu really did not want to compare, and he did not want to face it either. Plus, he had recently gotten to know a few prefects, but none of them meant anything to Ryuu, not as much as those two figures of his life did.

She had felt all grown up for about five minutes, she was taller and slimmer, her face had thinned out considerably and with her hair having grown a lot though she trimmed it back constantly, Merlina knew she looked slightly different at least. Compared to the girl that had left two years before at any rate but looking at him now she felt like that silly dowdy young girl all over again. When he spoke she opened her mouth aghast, as if his own words completely dumbfounded her. Frustrated anger was building up inside of her and she knew she had best keep a lid on it or she would explode.

"Never heard from me?" her small foot wanted to stamp the ground in protest, "I was woken at two o'clock in the morning and bustled out of my dorm and house to meet my aunt who returned me to Italy. I left without a word because I was still half asleep and barely comprehended myself what was happening.... but the following day I wrote to you and a few days after that and a few days after that. In fact our stupid owl had to see the bird healer three times in the space of five months for exhaustion because I kept sending him on so many journeys to you!"
Her hands had balled into fists and she realised then that she had walked closer to him again. Her breathing was shallow in her chest as she inhaled and exhaled rapidly with a temper that was boiling fast. She had poured her heart and soul out to him and now he was trying to pass his lack of commitment to their friendship off with a paltry of excuse.

"He came back without a letter each time he returned, mine gone and nothing from you. I wrote..." she told him, a slight tremor in her voice when she remembered for reasons beyond her control the last time they had been here together. She had taught him how to dance and how to hug, even now she could almost feel his arms about her. Save and warm, protecting her from everything but unable to protect her heart from himself.

"I've always done all the work in this friendship, you've always hung out on the fringes of it" she felt the white hot anger turn to sobs within herself and hated that she could at any moment allow tears to fall because of him, "my grandfather was sick... and then he died. I wrote and told you everything .. from feeling awful that I couldn't do anything to help him to how I really felt about you. Do you know what it's like ... pouring your heart out to someone and have them not respond?"
She stared at him a moment before blindly continuing, tears pricking her eyes now.
"Of course you don't Ryuu, I've been pouring my heart out to you since the day we met and you've never reacted at all. Can't you feel anything?"

Merlina knew that once upon a time she would not have minded his emotionless way, his inability to react because of his upbringing but her own upbringing had been so different. She could feel, did feel and the heart that had beat only for him since their very first meeting was wounded now and was demanding to be heard. It had broken because of him, she had broken because of him.

Ryuu could not help but feel like the situation was a little different because she seemed so sure of one thing, and she seemed so sure of another. All he knew was that he did not receive anything from her those years of her being absent. But when she explained why she left, that he did understand. His pale blue eyes averted from her own and he felt almost...he just almost felt. Where Merlina was so emotional, he wasn't. He barely felt anything because he was just learning. But over the years of being here, he experienced so many things, and was able to name what all he could feel. Happiness, sadness, anger, confusion, all of it, he knew. But he just locked himself in a shell to avoid it all because it was just the easiest solution. She had approached him, but it did not make any sense, if the owl was delivering the letters, but they never arrived to him. Could it be possible that they were going elsewhere? Ryuu did not want to suggest that, as he could read that she was angry still, and almost infuriated with something that was out of his control. He was frozen on the spot, his eyes blocking anything from really affecting him right now. Ryuu wondered if everyone in Italy had that type of temper, because that would be a place he would like to avoid. But Ryuu, he did not want to just leave it at that. A fight was probably what she wanted, and venting was just something that would have to be done before the real issue was resolved. Ryuu wanted to avoid fighting as much as possible, because it bothered him anyway.

Once Merlina finished, Ryuu let out a soft sigh. He shook his head and he muttered, "If I had known about that, about everything; your grandfather, your return back to Italy, I would have borrowed an owl from here but those letters you wrote, they never found their way to me." Ryuu was not known for lying at all, and this should be something that Merlina would know. She had known him for quite some time now. "Merlina, could it be possible the owl got lost on the way?" It was a small suggestion, but it was something. Ryuu really had no idea what all to say to this. Ryuu finally decided to open himself up just a bit more. With a close of his eyes, he could feel the pains of struggle he went through, the severe loneliness that he encountered once Merlina was gone. The feeling of betrayal, and one feeling he could not name. He described it to his father, and he only said that it was similar to what he had felt to his mother. Once those pale blue eyes opened, there was something different. Hints of emotion could be detected. "I can feel. I choose not to. After feeling helpless over my father passing, leaving me alone, coming here without a word from you, I didn't want to be pained anymore. I cannot explain it, but it actually hurt when you left, the day I did not see you at the table. Helplessness was the worst, because I could do nothing except watch my father pass. He said that the feeling that I felt for you before you left was just like what he felt for my mother. Love." Ryuu averted his eyes to the floor once more, before he took a few steps back from her, and turned his gaze to the window. He wanted to close himself back into that shell. Blocking those feelings, but she wanted to know if he could feel, then he told her, showed it in his eyes.

The sigh caught her and made her turn as if to walk away then, it sounded as if he were fed up already with listening to her and 'her feelings'. Merlina wanted nothing more than to run now and cry the deluge she knew was threatening to fall. Where Ryuu was concerned she was too raw, too vulnerable but then he spoke and her feet stopped instantly. His soft voice always had the ability to soothe her no matter what words he spoke. She had turned about half way from him, so merely turned her face to look at him now though her body seemed caught mid flight or fight mode. Her letters had never found him? She could easily choose not to believe him and just walk away but Merlina knew Ryuu as well as herself and knew he did not lie.

She tried to be reasonable in her own mind about whether her grandfathers owl had messed up or not and she found she could easily believe that he had, how often had her grandfather complained on his sick bed that the doctor had not shown up when he owled him too, making up excuses later that he had not received any owl to call him. Merlina was clever enough to rationalise instantly that Ryuu really hadn't received any of her letters and the heart ache she had caused herself over the past two years of believing him indifferent to her had all been for nothing. Ashamed she glanced down at her fingers, fumbling together before her as he told her that he did feel.

Merlina felt an even greater shame cover her when he told her about his father dying. Ryuu had been going through such a profound loss in his own life and she had not been there to help him through it. He had thought she had left him as well. His declaration that he loved her left her stunned. He had done it in his own easy manner, detached without any display of affection. She watched him step back from her and felt her own sigh escape her. A sigh born out of frustration. She had seen it, she knew she had, that flicker of emotion in those beautiful cerulean eyes. Knowing she could walk away now and let them both wallow in their own misery or she could show him she had not left and that she cared too, Merlina gave it barely any thought. In truth there was no decision to be made, that had been made for her a long time ago when she had met the strange boy by the lake in their first year.

Breaking the space between them she gently touched his arm, while her other hand reached up slowly and tenderly held the cheek furthest from her, Merlina rested her forehead against the cheek closest to her as she spoke to him.
"I will never leave you again. You ... you're my heart Ryuu. I love you."

Somehow, in the mist of all this, Ryuu had managed to turn everything around, to find the point of solving a difficult problem. The problem here was simple, the misunderstanding between the two best friends. Where he had thought that she had abandoned him forever, and that he did not care in the least bit for her, all of it was nothing more than a waste of time. They should have known that it would have never ended up that way. It was just not what fate had in store for them. Ryuu wondered if there was a solution to make sure that they were never to be separated again. He never wanted to feel what he had felt when he first lost her. He wanted to feel what he felt right now, which was some sort of warmth even though his pale skin was rather cold to the touch. Ryuu did not mean to make her feel so ashamed, and he surely did not mean for her to have felt so depressed as well, as if she wasted her time on him. Without her, Ryuu would not even know the type of person he would be. Before she returned, he was debating on living a life of completely absence. Be in the muggle world and forget everything his father taught him. Rebellion. That would have caused him to be destroyed, because without those things, Ryuu would not know how to function properly. His father taught him out to fight, kill, and even heal.

Her touches were easily welcomed. Ryuu allowed no one else to lay a finger on him however there was also something worse that came when someone touched him. He generally smacked the arm away, and brought serious pain. But this was just welcomed. He had never felt something like this. Ryuu discovered something that day in the tower. The ability to feel hormones and human desire. Somehow, Merlina had triggered that deep inside of his body. Despite his upbringing, Ryuu was still as human as she was. What he had done was without thought, just pure human instinct. Instead of just saying the feelings he felt back to her, his hand came up under her chin, lifted just a little bit, before giving her a soft, gentle kiss on those perfect lips of hers. Softly pulling away, Ryuu honestly had no idea what to do from here. This was where he wanted Ariah or someone he knew would have experience in what to do now. Ryuu murmured, "What do we do from here?" Ryuu never really knew anything about a boyfriend and a girlfriend. He knew that people got married, but how did they ever really get that far? Ryuu never had the chance to ask his father. Though at least with this kiss though, it would not have Merlina walking away, and it was brought on by Ryuu this time. He still had that coin that she had given him so long ago. He carried it around a leather necklace, for safekeeping.

She waited to see if he would shift himself away from her, she had even thought he would react strongly to her touching him but Merlina had purposefully moved with a slowness that astounded even herself. Desperately she had wanted to wrap her arms about him but knew that with Ryuu everything had to go at a different pace. He was not used to being enveloped in hugs and with affection the way she had always been but he would learn, as she had taught him many things to date, she would continue to teach him how to demonstrate affection. When then his hand came beneath her chin and tilted her face to meet his own, she had not expected it. Their eyes seemed to drown in the others, deep brown pools swimming in the depths of his blue. Time slowed down for the moment that she had waited what seemed like an eternity for, his head lowered and as his lips brushed against hers Merlina's eyes flickered closed. Her own mouth had barely time to respond to the featherlight touch of his mouth when he softly parted the contact. The lids of her eyes opened to regard him, she knew a slight flush of colour had stained her cheeks and her heart was beating uncontrollably but she did not care. Ryuu had kissed her!

He had kissed her, she had not pressured him or coaxed him in any way. The desire to do so had come completely from himself. Again she let her head lean against his as I soft sigh escaped her. She had felt miserable for so long being away from him that feeling so joyous all of a sudden seemed completely alien to her. She did not feel guilty for feeling so happy no matter the loss she still keenly felt at her grandfathers demise, he would understand completely. This type of happiness did not come along every day, it was what epic stories were written about.
"We never leave one another ever again" she told him truthfully, "I know I will be expected home at the holidays but I have no intention of going anywhere ever again without you."
Slowly she let her hand that had been gently pressed to his cheek, slide down to rest over his heart. She could feel the gentle tingle on her lips where his had brushed and knew she wanted him to kiss her again but dared not ask. Merlina knew she could easily instigate one as well but though he was receptive to her touching him she was not sure he would welcome more advances than that. The memory of how she had kissed him on the stairs so many years ago returning to her. It seemed another life time ago now but even then she knew they were meant to be together.

The kiss itself, Ryuu did not really know how to describe it, but it felt...and that was the point. Ryuu could finally express what he felt when she first left him. Though he might have to get a teacher on what to do, because he knew absolutely nothing. And as he thought about it, he did not want Merlina to be the one to teach him. He wanted another, to surprise Merlina actually. Ryuu needed to be taught about the modern society so much, it almost pained him that he was so foreign to this all. Heck, he did not really know what to do after a kiss. Kiss again? Or just stand there? Ryuu was clueless, but he figured that it would all come to him just had the desire had. He did see that there was a happier look in her eyes, deep pools of brown. It was almost odd to see the two of them together. Someone as odd appearing as he, and then someone as beautiful as her. It was almost heartbreaking. One would never see this coming, and one would have to be a fool to separate this. They were also of different races, but Ryuu did not even see that. He barely looked like he was what he was anyway, with the skin tone altered and his eyes a bright blue from absolutely no sunlight from when he was quite young until he stepped into the school.

That thought seemed rather odd. They would have to depart, but perhaps she meant like, not like she had before without contact for an extended amount of time? Ryuu thought for a moment, and somehow, he wondered what he would have to do from here. He would have to inquire from another. He may not kiss her again, until he felt like he wanted to. He never knew what he wanted really, except that he did not want to lose Merlina again. He thought over everything, before he murmured, "Come home with me on the holidays." That would solve everything, would it not? She might like it in Japan, would she not? Ryuu did not think about her staying permanently with him, but it would be something. Maybe sometime during the holidays, he could go to Italy and see her own heritage as well. Ryuu wondered what Europe was like, and wondered if it was something that he would eventually relocate to. Ryuu gazed over her once more, before he allowed his hands to rest at his side. The closeness was still there, but Ryuu was slowly adapting to it anyhow. Slowly, but it was a slow pace. He was learning to do things a little differently than what Merlina was used to, which was the opposite of what he was used to actually. He wondered what was in her mind right now. He might be able to read people, but never their thoughts.

Merlina laced her fingers through his hand, lowering the one upon his chest to hold his other hand. The fingers of that lacing through them as well. Standing before him simply holding his hands yet close enough for their bodies to be almost touching, Merlina could not help the soft smile that warmed her face at his invitation.

"I'd love to Ryuu" she told him beaming up into his face as she did, "my family will not mind, not if I write to them in advance and give enough warning. Though my aunt might wish to pay a visit every now and then to make sure all is above board and that we are behaving ourselves. Though if they knew us at all, they'd know that was a definite."
She found her tongue ramble in the broken English that they both spoke to one another in and she vowed she would make better head way with learning to speak Japanese for him. A blush had stolen its way into her cheeks as she had mentioned them behaving and the absolute surety that of course they would. Had there also been a tinge of disappointment to her voice? She wasn't completely sure but with Ryuu she knew what they felt and what they meant to one another went beyond physical touch, though that once in a while would be very nice. Glancing up at him she bit her lower lip a moment.

"Ryuu ... do you remember when I showed you how to ... embrace ... to hug?" glancing down at their joined hands she wondered if he would now, was it so wrong of her to want his arms about her. As lean as he was, he felt like granite to touch. His arms felt always so powerfully strong to her and in all the world she knew it was the one place where she was safest.
"Would you hug me now?"

The Gryffindor Prefect did not mind it when she intertwined her fingers through his hand, and he felt her warmth against his skin so pale and cold. Ryuu glanced down at the small display of affection, and though he preferred not to feel, he did not think that this was out of place at all. It seemed so natural, and it was something that would help him belong here. His blood started pumping just a tiny bit more, and he could feel as if he belonged here in this world, the world of magic. Maybe he can stick around here, and not have to revert to the magicless of muggle living. Ryuu had debated on that for many months, and whatever Merlina wanted to do, he would follow along as well. She accepted his invitation, and listened to what she had to say about it. It was reasonable. "I would be honored to have your aunt at my home, to check up on us. But what could be so bad?" It was obvious that Ryuu did not have the 'birds and the bees' talk.

The poor boy was going to get that talk this summer if his father had not fallen ill and ended up dying in the process. Ryuu had no idea where children came from, and to be honest, he had never questioned it at all in his life. His pale blue eyes washed over her pools of brown as she asked him if he remembered to hug someone, and he nodded lightly. He remembered so much of what she had said to him in his life, he could never forget something. Ryuu responded softly, "Yes. I also remember and still have the coin you told me to keep as well." Ryuu glanced down at their hands for a moment, and then listened to her request. Ryuu inhaled slowly, and then exhaled. He released her hand, and then slowly, cautiously, he wrapped his arms around Merlina's soft body, where he leaned his head against her own head as well. He closed his eyes and he did not realize just how gentle he was. As strong as he was, he was like a gentle lion as well. He truly was a noble Gryffindor.

She smiled affectionately up at him as he spoke.
"We would find nothing wrong as we ..." Merlina tried to find the English word she needed to convey her own thoughts on the matter. Sometimes it really felt as if things got lost in translation with them but feeling her hands in his own, she doubted that they would ever truly have that problem again.
"... we are innocents. My aunt however would check on us to make sure that is how it stays." she blushed profusely, she was innocent of many things but as her head had been securely dipped into books for so very long Merlina was well acquainted with the world of romance and what couples did physically to display their love. She wasn't sure how herself and Ryuu would get themselves through those blocks, showing him how to hug was one thing after all and kissing was all well and good but anything else would have to be done with the help she figured on literature. She saw no other way and certainly was not about to ask her aunt for assistance. It was times like this she wished her cousin had not gone rogue, Andromeda certainly had been fine on the boy front.

When he spoke again she was stunned. Knowing deep in her heart that of course he would have kept the coin but feeling her heart soar when he mentioned it. As his arms moved around her and drew her close to him, Merlina felt as she had done that night so long ago on the very same tower ... as if she had found home. He was her love and nothing else would ever truly matter again. Her own arms wrapped about him, her head leaning against his chest as his own rested on hers. There was a safety like no other here, a contentment that made her heart feel utterly light.
"I love you" she whispered.

It was clear that Ryuu was still not understanding what she was talking about. They were still innocents? What did that truly mean? Even if she said the proper word in English, he would not really understand it. The Gryffindor Prefect would have to read up on human instincts when he had a free moment in his time. Perhaps over the holidays or something of the sort. But what if he never wanted to discover something like that in his life and then he would not be able to take it back? Perhaps that was how it was going to be. Everyone had human urges, and if one came along that Ryuu was unfamiliar with, he would read up on it, but would he like what he would discover? That was another question as well. Ryuu was as blank and innocent as they come, and he did not even know that he was that out of the water about human emotions and such.

At least now he knew why he belonged in the Gryffindor house. His nobility, even though he still did not understand bravery at all. What was there to be afraid of anyhow? Ryuu did not have any fears that he could recall except his father coming at him and telling him that he had dishonored the family. Ryuu truly did not want to do that ever in his lifetime. Embracing her, it just felt right to the young Gryffindor, and those three words truly meant everything in that young Ravenclaw's life. Yet, those three words were still a mystery to the Gryffindor. Ryuu still had to say it however, "I love you too, Merlina Caliburn." Ryuu lightly rubbed her back with his hand, not really knowing what else to do at this point. Everything had come together, and everything was just, all the bad things from the year before and then before now were nothing more but a blur. All of that did not matter because everything was back to the way things should be if not better.

She had spent so very long caring about him that to have him now tell her that he loved her felt so bitter sweet. Her heart seemed to hammer in her chest all anew again and she could not help the smile that played along her lips. Her family would of course be most strange over her choice, preferring her to see one of the pureblood Italian boys that they would gladly set her up with. Her only hope of course in this mess would be Nastasia. She would surely hear her out and be on her side, as different as she was being a squib, Merlina felt certain that her aunt understood the complexities of love far better than she let on. If only she had her cousin to speak too, she mused enveloped in his arms and deciding then and there that there was no better place for her to be.

"What is your home like?" she asked him, imagining it to be so lonely for him now. Merlina could not bare to think of him being sad and knew she would have to put her foot down with her family regarding her stay with him. If they did not allow it for the holidays then certainly for the summer vacation. She had every intention of spending all the time she possibly could with him and any she had to be parted from him for, she would write daily - using another owl entirely. With her arms wrapped about his slender waist she sighed contently, no matter where Ryuu was that would be her home. She had known their destinies were entwined from that very first meeting, had given her heart very little choice and virtually no hope at all but hope it seemed had been kinder to her than she had been herself. He loved her and nothing else mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back