Reaturn of the Gypsy

Dreama Petulengro

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Sexual Orientation
No questions please
Dreama's troup came back to New Zealand for the Summer Festival. They had missed a year given to the fact that they where oversees but they where back now. Dreama brought something extra with her though. A child with moon like eyes. Unlike his father the eyes of litte Angelus were full of life and wonder. So much so that it seemed really like the moon itself had been imbedded in his eyes. The one year old laughed as he ran down the street to see the new place he had been brought to. Like his mother Angelus seemed to love nothing more than to see new places. Dreama looked forward to taking him all the places she had been, he would get to know the places as he would know people and miss them just as one misses an old friend. "Come back to me Angelus." She said holding her arms out wide for the child. Dreama should have hated Link for leaving her. Should have but didn't not when he left her with such a wonderful treasure. Her son, her life, her everything. Link would have his other wife, his other life. She would make her own with Angelus at her side. Him and her family.

Summer time force the man out of his own shell even when he didn't want too. Link, almost twenty stood out by Harbor points just staring out in sea, the waves taking his thoughts away. Not enough can be carried out, to much heat stop that from happening. The sun was beating down his expose back, the little wind did no good to him. He bared it though, enough for him to stay a long time and watch the waves circle around back again to shore. When he felt the sea's were enough for him, Link went back to the main street of the harbors. Where the crowds decreased a little more by the passing minute.

It felt strange to be amongst those around him. He didn't freit, he actually just like blending being unnoticed. No one would stop and stare at him, for they were to content with their on lives. Just like he wanted to feel, content and less angry for his own damn past. Like the little ones running freely around, he wanted his past to be innocent like them. Link felt a tinge of jealousy, it didn't last long when he saw a very small child run around him. He watched him, weird it brought a smile to his face. The smile reached the corner of his eyes, he did a good thing of hiding it. The child kept him occupied for a little while.

Dreama noticed that Angelus hadn't come back to her though he usually did so she went after him. Without looking up she picked up the little boy and nuzzled him. "What did I tell you about the Gadje." She said in Romani. It was only when she bent up to take him to the park one village over that she see who he was running around. "Well it is a surprise seeing you to say the least." She said her accent thick but still understandable. She had done her best to keep her English good. There was no malice in her voice when Dreama said that. Again she didn't hate him.

Angelus looked at him with those spakaling silver eyes then back at his mama. "Moon, mama, moon." He said in Romani. Angelus knew no English. That would come later as he was forced to speack to the Gadje. For now he was purly Romani. Dreama nodded then put his hand down to keep him from waiving. "How has life been treating you?" She said kindly. If Link did not recongnize his blood than so be it. She didn't need him any more than she needed any other Gadje. All she needed was her family to take care of her little boy.

Link paused from watching the child, the voice he heard actually brought chills to his spine. Last time he checked he left her somewhere she couldn't come back. Now all of a sudden he was staring into her eyes again. Like as if they just met yesterday, the girl with the strong hold around him suddenly appeared in thin air. "Your his mother?" he didn't answer her question he didn't say anything else but those three words. Again he look back down at the child, he looked gypsy like Dreama but when he saw his eyes, he swear everything just fell before him. What in gods name, he felt himself become uncontrolled by his actions. He went back to staring at Dreama shaking his head, "Is that little boy my son?" he question her and demanded she answer his question. Why else would she be here? And not where he left her with her family? Link couldn't recite what was just happening, he had a child and never knew of this happening ever.

All Dreama do was laugh. Had he actually thought he had gotten rid of her? Dreama knew the world like the back of her hand and she was only eighteen years old. "Yes I am his mother." She said answering him. She could practicly see the wheels in his head turing. "I am a Gypsy, Link I move around." She said shaking her head. Of course it had been a little easier because of her condition for nine months but still the child was in her arms and they moved that normal pace now. Dreama shrugged a bit mockingly now. "I do not know Link does he look like your son?" She asked shaking her head. Angelus murmered and laied his head down on his mother's shoulder. It was later in the day so Dreama was no surprised that he was getting sleepy.

Link shrugged and shook his head all over again. That night, the night he been with her he had been reckless and for sure she came unannounced baring his child. How could he been so stupid, damn gypsy woman and her ways. She wrapped her ways without touching him this time and like a fallen star he gave up to his darkside. He wanted to be angry and curse her in more way possible. Bring her down and bring fear into her like last time. He could see now that wouldn't work, instead he went back to staring at the child. A child that matched the same blood as his now, had been born outside of a marriage. Link can't say he the traditional type, still the child exist without his knowledge till now. "how come your here now? Its not to tell me of the child..." he literally hope not.being a father wasn't natural to him. He wouldn't know what to do or what to say, now standing there he felt overwhelmed not knowing what to say. "Dreama" he said her name and that was all. the man kept staring at the moon eye little boy. He looked back at Link with wonders, his eyes cradle so much life, it seem so unrealistic. With his eyes, link felt rob a piece of him taken just to be seen as something so innocent as a child.

Dreama had no intention to reseve his child that night. She had muttered the song-spell to keep it from happening. Somehow though, when she looked back on their night, she had missed a word and Angelus was conseved. Dreama looked at Link and smiled kindly. She wanted to say that she hated him, that he could burn in hell with all the other Gadje but Dreama was not that kind of person. That was to say that a part of her still loved him. She watched as Link watched Angelus. "My family has come back for the Mid Summer Festival. You're welcome to be there if you want, everyone is." She said. Being a mother came naturally to Dreama. She had taken care of her younger brothers and sisters all her life and had watched her mother do it. She was learinging about little Angelus while she was taking care of him and for him she would destroy world. She would face all the darkness if she had to. "Dreama what Link?" She asked as she walked closer to him. She looked down to see Angelus staring at Link and smiled wide. "He is quite a unique child you know."

"I see" he stepped back, a few steps back away from Dreama and the boy. The boy who change his life entirely for the better or worst. If he learn to accept him as an offspring and compound a bond between the two, Link needed to decided. Today he left it alone, occasionally blanked out while everyone seem to be passing both parties. The best time to enjoy the weather but he couldn't because of this sudden news bestowed upon him without warning. "What are you going to do when festival passed and you have to leave? Will you be taking him with you?" he wanted to know. See how much time he had left to really find out if the child his or not. But the proof was so potent, right in front of him. He couldn't deny the grey of life, if they reflected the ones he own. He couldn't deny what was already there. "What's his name Dreama? What did you call him?"

Dreama nearly cackled when she saw Link step away from her. Not that she wanted to be mean but also didn't want him to be comfortable with their meeting. It had been unexpected and sudden but as her sister Nacturna said, nothing was mearly chance. "Of course. We have done surprisingly well without you Link so if you want to simply pretend like this is not happening than you can. He will not miss you, he has seen you but only once in his life and if you so choose he will never see you again." She said plainly. There was no smile on her face right now. She didn't want to be saying these words but she was. Dreama expected nothing from Link, him having crushed her hopes when he left her, what he did next would be completly his choice. "Angelus Dojordji Petulengro, The angel who works the earth and steel. My sister picked it out for him." She said again plainly.

"I'm not pretending at all" he yanked her arm to his side. The boy almost gasp seeing the man grabbed his mother that way. Link felt terrible but he set his guard way low this morning. Dreama wasn't just gonna get away with this, he wanted to destroy this woman to pieces. He just held her still, almost whispering into her ear when he had her snatch so close. "If he's my child... he stop unable to finish his statement. He just held her still almost an embrace, his son's eyes dancing from both his parents. "just be glad your still alive love.."

Dreama worked fast. She put Angelus, who was on her other arm, on the ground quickly. "Go to Nocturna she will protect you." She said in Romani to the boy who even at the age of one understood. He looked at the man how was holding his mother in such a rough way then turned to find his aunt who wasn't too far away. "Go ahead then Killing Angel, finish me. I promise you my family will make sure you will never see our boy again." She whispered back into his ear. Flames came up from her heart as her body remembered what it was like to be held like this by him. Dreama had never been afraid of Link. Then again Dreama didn't fear death. Dreama turned to him, her lips hearly touching his skin. "What would you do if he really is your blood?" She asked nearly spitting the word 'if' at him.

Link eyes darted quickly at his son, a small child escape through the crowds before he could stop him. "Why are you making it worst for yourself Dreama? You didn't have to send him away alone. Something could happen to him..." he let her go pushing her away. Link went after his son before his mother rejected to the idea. That should answer her enough, if the child is his he would want to be apart of his life. Just without her, he couldn't keep Dreama around. She had to go away, for good. This time no chance in hell for her coming back. Link kept pushing many others out of the way, it was no use. The child was gone and his mother was the only one who knew where he went. Link went back to Dreama, were he stood a few feet away. "If he's my blood I'm taking him with me. Is that what you want to hear?!" he said from across away.

A woman with skin like cocoa and eyes with a ring of red around the black irises placed her hand on certen spots on Dreama's back even though she had been in front the whole time. She had the child gently in her arms. "He Romani, his mother Romani, you Gadjo. You not belong with the boy." She said in the best English she could. This was Nocturna. Most of the Petulengro were of fair skin but Nocturna was of a darker nature. Among her family it was said that it was because the night had blessed her with darker skin. No one would believe that the girl was a product of entecours outside the marrege between her parents and even if it was it was clear that it was a meeting with a Gadjo with meant that it did not count.

Nocturna bore her duo colored eyes on the man she had snached her nephew from as if to study him. She turned to Dreama and whispered something in her ear then turned back to the man. He was the father of the boy in her arms but if he wanted it he was going have to take down the entire Petulengro clan and she didn't think that he had the skill to do it. She didn't think that a team of his friends would have the skill to do it.

Dreama hissed a little. "What are you doing? Take him and get out of here." She said low in Romani but knew that whatever Nocturna was planning was bound to get her out of this. "What she means is that you can't take him just like that. If you want him you will have to go through a lot of people to get to him. Me includeded. I do still love you Link. You left me, you are threatening me but god help me I still love you. What you did to me is unforgivable in the eyes of my culture though. In that same culture Angelus is my son, I won't let you take him from me." She said looking away from Link.

Dreama knew that they where both safe now. Nocturna was young but she was powerful. And if Nocturna fell, Dreama would take Angelus and run as fast as she could back to the tents. She would tell her father to hide her until they left. Dreama would do everything possible to make sure that Angelus stayed with her. He was her life, for him she would kill the one she had given her heart to.

Link narrowed his eyes towards the witch gypsy woman, she had to be related to Dreama, with the way she was protesting to protect Dreama. "Silence your mouth, this has nothing to do with you or your culture..." he looked at the woman with hawk looking deadly eyes. "this has something to do with Dreama and myself...she knows what happen...if you know than I advise you to leave us alone.." he turn his grey hued iris back at Dreama, when she said she love him. Link didn't say anything, he just stood there watching her, almost waiting for them to do anything. "let me speak to her alone, just her and I'll leave you and your family alone. Don't worry I won't hurt her.." his voice now felt more calming. Falling back into civil cooperation. He didn't need trouble, especially when he killed a man here just a year ago. The memory still fresh from his mind and thoughts. That will never go away. Something he regretted in his past would be killing Elliott Woods, but regretting just means he regretted everything else. Oh well, the devil own his soul now. Heaven will never shine down on him, he will always belong to the devil. Till than he walk the lands as sinner, souless, and heavily corrupted.

Nocturna took in what her sister had said about still loving this man and closed her eyes in an impationt gesture. She listened then to the nam who was talking to her and pursed her lips. She passed her hand down Angelus' spine to make him sleep. Once the spell took hold Nocturna walked up to Link with the sleeping child in her right arm and grabbed his neck. "I know what taint the soul." She said as she let a pulse of magic slide through her hand. She would not kill him with force. She had enough magic to kill him without it. "You hurt her. I rip you." She said letting another slightly stronger pluse go then let him go. Her long skirt swaid on the ground as she took Angelus through the crowds. She meant it. If Dreama came back with so much as a scratch there was not a force on earth that would stop Nocturna from making it impossible to put his body back together.

Dreama made to take her sister off Link but before she could do anything Nocturna was already taking Angelus back to the camp sight. "Forgive her. Nocturna is a bit over protective when it comes to family." She said seeing her sister's darker than night hair through the crowds get smaller. Nocturna, born at night and said to be one of the most powerful in Dreama's generation. There was no doubt that Nocturna would become a clan Elder when became of age to do it. Dreama made sure that Nocturna was far enough away before speaking to Link again. "What is it then." She said looking down. After what her sister had done things could go one way or another.

link held his tongue afraid the woman would curse before he said nay, swallowing back the ounce of saliva he took well of her threats. Link knew someone just as scary as her, more matched if anything. She could make her threats for now, Anthony can handle her later once he reported back to him. She left them be, Link pushed himself towards her. His hands now tuck at the front pockets of his old chaps. "if I had seen you today, was you ever gonna tell me about Angeluis? Speak a word about him ever to be? Or was it your plan to keep him hiding?" he spoke the obvious in this situation. A son, a child was born from him and he had no clue of it happening. Link was born to this world without a father, raziel had been the closest thing he could call and claim as a father. Different beliefs just never mixed well, raziel still cared about him though link grew to hate him. Just because of difference, link won't change for himself what make you think he will change for his so called father. "is that what your plan was? To keep him away? Cause all I did was left you alone for your on good. I didn't hurt you I left you because you were in danger with me..." he honestly spilled his guts for her to hear it. She would be daft if she didn't listen to him, and close to truth was all he was saying.

Dreama had seen the clear bitting back in Link's face and sighed. People never understood. Nocturna was not scary by choice. This woman was born scary. Dreama had been scared of her when she was much younger but as she grew she understood what Nocturna's motives were to be as she was. Still she didn't say anything about it. "I was never going to hide him Link. If you came looking for him, for me you would have found him. But no I was never going to come and tell you." She said looking up now. Little Angelus had been born without Link there and Dreama as well as the rest of the Petulengro clan were going to make sure that Angelus had a happy childhood. Even so it would have been a good thing if Link had been there. Not that it mattered anymore.

Dreama looked into those gray eyes now and shook her head. "You left me for Sanctuari." She said drawing closer to Link. "You left me for your Gadje woman and it's understandable that you did. This is why we Gypsy women don't often get invovled with Gadjo. We are too easy to forget. We leave with the chainging of the wind and ride the current where ever it may take us. Link I was not about to chaing my life style for you." She said as she crossed her arms to keep from tracing the lines of his face. "In what dainger could you have put me in. You have yet to hit me hard enough to call it abuse." She said logicly.

"So you knew than? And there's nothing for me to hide now? Yes I did leave for you, because she was there before I met you. She didn't come with the passing of night nor did she fill my soul like you did when he we spent the night together. Yes I love her and may love her now. But like you, I can never be anything stable...." he let his head drop, his shoes drag on the ground, till their eyes met upwards. "Least I know, I want to see him more. If you leave I will follow you..."

Dreama shrugged. "Do what you like." She said non too carring. "But what about Sactuario? Will you uproot her just to follow your son around the world?" She asked. And if Sactuari had children herself? Would he forget about Angelus. It might be easyer if Link did. He said he loved her at the time. He said that he still loved her but he also said that she had not compleated him like she had. "There is nothing for either of us to hide." She said softly.

Link took a minute to think or two. "What happens between me and Sanctuari doesn't concern you Dreama. We parted ways. For some reason I can never be happy with anyone as long as I roam this earth. That's what I've been telling you before I took you far away from here. Something I have to accept but for the mean time, he's all I have.." link stared down at the woman, his eyes were pleading to the very nich of his soul, he seem warm to rebel against, still he's link. He could have million ways of getting rid of Dreama, anything to get his son. Fight her entire family, something told him not to do it. Angluis hating him was not an option. He would just have to follow and follow no matter what. He will be there, Link took Dreama hand. "I'm not going anywhere..."

OOCOut of Character:
Going to bed night! Sorry my muse is gone

Dreama closed her eyes and dreamthed in to keep from showing too much emotion. She had been warned against this but still she thought that if she left her feelings uncheaked she would brake down in slow tears. What happened between him and Sanctuari did matter, it mattered a lot because if things where not treated carfully now they would crumble around them and there would no trace left behind. Nocturna would make sure of it. "That's just it Link, you roam this earth." She said as she allowed herself to draw herself in with that hand. "You can not be bound to one place just as I can not be bound to one place. Even with my family I leave from time to time on my own. My son, our son will not be bound either." She told him finally getting the nerve to touch his face like she had about a year ago. "Yes you are, your going everywhere." She said crypticly as she pulled him fourth with her.

"But it means I can't have you, that we can't be together in fear.." he sighed closing his eyes. In his hand he held the woman that fitted his soul perfectly, practically understood every aspect of him. They can never be, never be lovers again just because of what's become of him and his ways. He hurts and destroy anything that comes by his path, he's often enemies to his own dirty skin. "go home, your family would be waiting for you. Don't want war with them as long as you have him with you.."he let go of her hand. Kissing the part of her forehead where the bits of hair fell to the side, and her skin pressed against his lips. He kissed her closing his eyes, just that part and let go. "Go before the sun falls and the night steals you away.." he demanded now. His voice rattle by the core, his stomach turn, yet he kept staring at her normal than most days in his life. Sending a message through thin air.

Dreama took the kiss and sighed. She kissed Link's cheek then turned to his ear. "You don't get it do you? I am inviting you come with Angelus and I as a part of the caravan." She said then pulled herself away from the man that should have been a gypsy by blood. Dreama was convinced that he had the soul of a gypsy and that the reason that he couldn't find a place for his heart was because he was always stuck in one place when he was mean to travle. Dreama could be wrong though. She could have been very wrong. "I will bring Angelus around here again if you want to see him." She said then turned to walk away. She tossed a strand of brown hair over her shoulder and walked back. Around the corner she could see her frighting sister watching her closely. Dreama saw under the corner of her eye that Nocturna shot a look around the corner at her would-maybe some day again lover but she did her best to keep her opinions to herself. None of the siblings or the cousens went against Nocturna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back