Realization

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa walked up the hundreds of stair steps leading toward the Gryffindor Tower. She had to talk to Katalina. As she climbed, Rhyspa's thoughts stumbled about in her head, thankfully having no effect on her motor skills, else wise she would be tripping up the stairs and that was the last thing she needed. Her thoughts were beginning to bring on a monstrous headache, one she didn't welcome. Rhyspa was angry with herself and angry with another someone. She was completely clueless as to why she felt this way.

Anger and confusion pulsed through her brain as she walked up the last set of steps. "Why me? Why now?" she muttered under her breath. Memories flooded back and she knew she had to talk to Kat about this. The summer had been a great one for her, but it's events brought back memories.

Kat was just heading out of Gryffindor house, hoping to grab a small snack in the kitchen before heading off to the owlery with letters for her family and Katerina. As soon as she stepped through the portrait hole she she ran smack into someone, knocking her right on her butt. Argh, sweet Merlin...I've gone from the clumsy first year to the clumsy fourth year she thought as she stood up and dusted herself off. "Sorry, I ...." her voice trailed off as she realized it was her best friend. "Oi...sorry 'Spa! Once again I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing!" she said apologetically.

Careful observation of her friends expression, Kat furrowed her brow. Something was up, but she didn't know what. "Alright, spill!" she said with her arms crossed and her toe tapping on the ground.

Rhyspa was still thinking about this conundrum. How could she still have feelings for him? As Rhyspa rounded a corner, a slightly smaller body knocked into her. Rhyspa fell to the ground, right on her bum and she assume the other person did too. She looked up to see Katalina, her best friend whom she needed to talk to, but didn't know how to tell her secret delicately. Confusion and frustration was evident in her expression and Rhyspa knew she couldn't hide it from Kat. She read people like books, too damn well.

Rhyspa sighed when Kat told her to spill the beans. "God," she began. "I don't even know how to tell you..." This was an odd occurrence, Kat usually came to Rhyspa for her problems with the opposite sex, but now, this was 'Spa's turn.

"Kat, I- I think I still have feelings for Dominik," Her voice going from regular volume to almost a whisper.

Rhyspa's words were just like a ton of bricks hitting her smack upside the back of the head. She didn't know whether to laugh, scream, or smack her best friend senseless, but at the moment she was absolutely speechless. Kat she's always been there for you without judgement...just hear her out she thought as she stood there, trying to come up with the right words.

"I...you...he...they...WOW!" was all she managed to squeak out for a good five minutes or so. Kat reached up and plucked a hair from her head. "Ow!! Ugh, means I'm not dreaming!" she said under her breath. She stood there, trying to get a read on her friends expression, but too many things were still flying through her head.

Taking in a deep breath and blowing it out slowly, Kat said calmly...well as calm as one could be when blasted with this kind of news, "Okay. So, urm, how long has this been going on then?" She knew it was a lame question, but it was the best she could come up with for the time being...at least until she had some more information and insight into her friends apparent brain fart.

Rhyspa couldn't help but agree with what her friend was saying. She wasn't sure why all these feelings were rushing back, but she had an idea as to why.

"I don't know. I started thinking about it once we got back and I had some time to think about what I did over the summer," Rhyspa sighed. "I mean, yeah, I kissed a boy and everything. I guess it was a fling. Derek was especially good looking." She stopped, realizing she was rambling. "Kat, I don't know. He never did anything to make me not believe he didn't care about me. He was the complete gentleman, until at the Yule Ball."

Kat just nodded stupidly to the part about 'Spa having been thinking about her...'feelings', but then her friend mentioned something about kissing Derek. Wide-eyed and stammering heavily Kat said a little louder than necessary, "Spa say WHAT?" How could her own best friend have kept this from her? She hadn't even known that Rhyspa liked Derek, let alone any of the other boys that they'd met at Kailey's this summer. "You didn't tell me that?" she added with a bit of a pout on her lips, but quickly changed her expression.

The Yule Ball. For some reason those two words made Kat cringe, mostly due to the fact that last years had been a fiasco. In fact, she'd seriously been considering skipping the one this year...she was pretty much decided on it actually. "Rhyspa...Nicolae was a perfect gentleman too. Do you not remember the bet? I mean does none of this ring a bell to you at all?" she said almost pleadingly. Most of the time Kat would have been more than happy that her best friend was crushing on someone....but this someone was one of the foulest creatures she'd ever met.

"Just please help me to understand. Because none of this is making any sense to me at all!" Kat said, searching Rhyspa's face for some evidence that this was all her idea of a joke...no such luck.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Rhyspa said, sincerely. "It was just a stupid kiss that was purely based off petty lust and I wanted to get over what had happened." Rhyspa sighed again and frowned. She'd been doing a lot of that lately. Her sigh followed with a slight chuckle at Kat's pout. Never before had she seen her best friend pout.

"Kat, I remember every little thing about that bet," Rhyspa whispered. "I remember how they treated Katerina and Yvan. I remember wanting to kill Nicolae after he physically hurt you. I remember my trust for men being erased completely..." she trailed off. "Kat, I don't even know how to explain it to you so you can understand when I can barely understand it myself."

Rhyspa hated that her past was being brought up. Maybe it was because she met those two boys from Scotland or maybe it was Derrek. She didn't know. Maybe it was longing for what she almost had.

"Don't be sorry...it's just first I find out that Kailey snogged one of them and now I find out you snogged one of them and then you drop this bombshell. It's all just a little hard to swallow. My brain is on overload at the moment...just give me a bit to process this all!" she said rubbing her temples, eyes closed. Kat flinched when Rhyspa mentioned Nic physically hurting her, but that was the one thing that had healed since then. She paced back and forth for at least three or four minutes...in total silence.

It could be worse couldn't it? Or could it? I don't know...I don't think it could possibly get any worse. Wait, yes it could...she could have feelings for Nicolae. Kat shuddered at that thought and shook her head, wiping it from her mind completely. Rhyspa had been there for Kat at times when others would have simply told her to suck it up and move on. Now it was Kat's turn to do the same thing for her best friend...as much as the prospect of Dom and 'Spa together slightly nauseated her.

Sighing heavily she looked at Rhyspa and said, "Okay...so...what do you do about it now is the question I have. Where do you go from here? Whatever you decide," she paused and swallowed hard, putting her personal feelings aside and continued, "I'm behind you one hundred percent!"

Rhyspa's eyes widened, "Kailey got action too?!" That was the first Rhyspa had heard of it. "Wow." She knew Kailey still like Njord, but so did one of her other friends and she really didn't want to pick sides right now. Not with her own mind in complete and utter confusion.

Tears welled up in Rhyspa's eyes as Kat said she'd be behind her 100%. That was a lot for Kat, who hated the Durmstrang so much. Rhyspa reached over and hugged her friend. "Thanks Kat," she said with a smile. "As for where I go from here, I'm not too sure. I know one thing, I will never regret kneeing that boy in the crotch. That was a pure and natural high I will never forget."

"Yup! She did, but she's still tore up over the whole Njord thing. I don't even know what to tell her to do." Kat said with a small shrug. And the whole thing with Lemina made everything a bit more complicated and sticky.

She hugged Rhyspa back and said, "That's what I'm here for!" An evil little smirk stretched across Kat's mouth when she replied, "And watching him limp away was even better! That boy will never walk right again!" She let a burst of laughter escape her throat.

Thinking on it for a little bit Kat said, "Well, let's think about your options. What can you do?" Kat wasn't really sure what Rhyspa was going to do about her feelings for Dominik, but if there was one thing that she'd learned about her best friend over the last four years it was she was strong-willed and always determined.

Rhyspa grinned and laughed along with Kat. She was right, that boy will never walk the same. She felt not an ounce of regret for her actions, but she still didn't understand why she would realize her feelings for Dom were still there.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do," Rhyspa said. "I honestly think I'm just going to play it by ear. Maybe he's grown up since he's-ahem-package, got a taste of it's own medicine. All I can do right now is hope, and maybe it'll all go away."

Kat wasn't sure if guys like Nic and Dom ever learned their lesson, but for Rhyspa's sake she really really hoped so. Maybe waiting to see if the feelings went away would be for the best, but that was easier said than done. Merlin knows that's difficult to do...been there done that she thought shaking her head.

Today had been quite a day that was for sure. Kat had woke up expecting it to be the same old routine, but her best friend had just shaken her up a bit. Now all she could do was hope that Rhyspa wouldn't get hurt...though it was likely that her best friend was going to get her heart broken and she would be there to help get her through it. I owe her...three years of dealing with my boy issues...boy do I owe her she thought.

"Playing it by ear might be best, but 'Spa I'm not going to lie to you...waiting it out is tough. It's probably gonna suck, but you always know where to find me if you need me!" she said sincerely, linking her arm with her friends. Kat would get her bestie through this...Dom wasn't worth it...not to her at least.

"I know its going to be tough," Rhyspa said, agreeing with Kat. "I just don't know what else to do other than that. I'm not ready to send him a letter and say, 'Oh Dom! How much I miss you! I yearn for your touch...' Yada yada yada..." Rhyspa let off with a sigh. "But, I don't really want to talk about this now." Rhyspa's eyes glanced to Kat, a sly grin spreading across her face.

"So," Rhyspa said. "Does Kat have anyone in mind?"

Kat snorted. "I yearn for your touch? Are you trying to make me throw up?" she said laughing, but that was abruptly cut off when Rhyspa mentioned if she herself had an eye on anyone. With a straight face and telling the semi-truth Kat said plainly, "No. I don't. Still a little sour on the whole male population...except for Bruin of course, but you can't really be sour with your big brother now can you?" In all honesty, Kat had a slight crush on Chace, but that wasn't something that she was just going to come out and admit the first chance she got.

Rhyspa chuckled, she knew Kat had to have had her eye one someone, but she would find out in due time. She knew Kat would tell her when she was ready. "Yeah. It's hard to be mad at someone who gave me the cutest gift ever. Brubaker is great. He's so cute and his voice is funny." Rhyspa grinned. Bruin was the perfect person to cheer you up.

"It's also hard to stay mad at the person who stood up for you," Rhyspa said. "He's a really great guy."

"That he is...that he is!" Kat said thoughtfully. Her thoughts flew back to last Spring and the whole incident on the lawn. Parts of it made her cringe, but then parts of it made her want to laugh hysterically. "Well it wasn't like half the girls in the school hadn't been dying to kiss him anyways. It's amazing how one guy can make so many girls go absolutely ga-ga and be as clueless about it as he seems to be. It's funny actually!" she said rolling her eyes and then added, "He really came through for us! I don't know if we'll ever be able to pay him back fully!" With that in mind a thought popped into Kat's head that she had to let her friend in on. "Urm, might want to keep your recent revelation between the two of us. I don't think this discovery would make Bruin very happy."

Wanting to change the subject so that Rhyspa didn't have to dwell on it for now, Kat asked curiously, "So what do you think of the two new transfer students?"

Rhyspa nodded. "Yeah, this little revelation is going to stay right here and it's going no where else," she said. "I don't want anyone to know just in case it goes away." Rhyspa wasn't sure yet if she wanted her feelings to go away just yet or if she wanted them to increase. She would feel awful if Bruin embarrassed himself because of her, and for nothing at that.

"Well, they are both easy on the eyes," Rhyspa said. "But, I think I'm going to be friends and friends only. Leave them for the other girls."

Kat laughed and said, "I don't think I noticed if they were easy on the eyes or not. Maybe I'll have to pay more attention next time." In truth she hadn't noticed much about Ashton, but Chace on the other hand...well she thought he was a bit dreamy, though she'd probably not openly admit that. "I think that friends only is the best way to go. Merlin knows I'm not jumping into having another crush on anyone." she said semi-truthfully...she already had a crush on someone, but was definitely NOT going to act on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back