Ready to take on the World-or her Colleagues.

Aisling Finnigan

OOC First Name
Maia
Aisling was nervous. She had worked in HNZ for about a year now, but she hadn't gotten around to getting to know the teachers and other staff. she rarely left the hospital wing-she ate there, and she went home in the evenings, even though she had a plae to stay in the school. Se'd always avoided going to the Great Hall. She didn't go to the parties, or the meals-she doubted anyone knew there had been a change of staff in the last few years. Undoubtedly they all knew about that Doctor, he seemed to be more confident socially, but Aisling-well she just wanted to get used to the school, and sort out the hospital wing before anything else. She knew people wouldn't think it was healthy, but she saw plenty of people-the students who came to the hospital wing. She liked caring for them-what was so wrong about that?

However, this morning she had chosen to do something different. She had stayed the night in the castle and was going to breakfast in the main hall. She just wore something simple, and her usual make-up. She would switch into scrubs when she was in the hospital wing.

She made her way up the hall, walking confidently. She'd always been good with people, and today was no exception. She smiled at some of the students she knew. That girl had been in with a broken arm two weeks ago, and that boy had, had an allergic reaction to one of the plant in herbology.

Pretty soon, she was at the top table. She sat down near the end, and took some bacon off the platter in front of her, she also took some cereal-to keep a balance. She needed plenty of carbohydrates to keep herself going during the day. She began to eat observing the other adults around her. Suddenly, she felt very young, and silly.

Professor James Lock wandered into the Great-Hall for breakfast. He hadn't joined the students and the other-Professors for a meal-yet, he had been too busy with Daisie.....and Eden for that matter, to even think about joining-them. But this-morning, James was up and ready.....and had actually awoken in the Castle, and not in another-girls bed.....And that always made a big-change for James, and the type of day that he was going to have.

James approached a Lady at the top of the table, obviously a fellow-Professor and sat-down opposite-her, on the other-side of the extremely long-table. "G'Morning." James greeted the lady happily as he took his seat, placing the cereal-filled-bowl onto the table infront of him as he did so. "I'm Professor Lock.....but you can call-me James." James said happily to the lady, as he introduced-himself with a wide-smile on his face. It was about-time that James mixed with other-Professors.....Other Professors that weren't his girlfriend.....Daisie.

Aisling had just taken her first mouthful of cereal when someone aproached her. She swallowed quickly, holding up a finger to indicate that she would reply. She smiled, after she had swallowed, mortified that she had embarassed herself in front of the first staff member she'd met. "Sorry-I'm Aisling Finnigan-the school nurse. Nice to meet you Proffe-James." she answered, smiling back, and trying not to laugh at the state she'd been in when he first walked up.

"How long have you been here, I havent seen you around before." she asked, beginning to eat, but slowly this time, so as not to slow the conversation. "]She'd seen most of the teachers passing the hospital wing, and by now knew most of their names, but not from meeting them-from students. this guy was obviously new, and Aisling felt lie she was new, so there were kind of in the same boat-well, not really, but kind of.

James laughed at the state the Lady was in as he approached-her Everyone had those days. "Heya. Well It's nice to meet-you Aisling." James said calmly, with a sweet-smile spread across his face as he started to take-bits from his cereal-bowl and eat-them.

"I'm new here." James informed-her, replying to her question. "I have literally just-started this term. What about you?" He asked-her with a friendly-voice. James was glad that he had met someone-new today, and also that she was Professor. Oh, and the fact that James was finding her quite pretty-looking was also helping things along-too. But that was just typical-James for-you.....

Aisling laughed along with him. She knew she looked like an idiot, but everyone did sometimes, and anyway-she was a nurse. She had bigger things to be worrying about. The Hospital Wing hadn't been too busy lately, which was a good thing-it meant the students were healthy, but something made her feel like it was just the calm before the storm.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." she smiled, her Irish accent warm and welcoming. "I've been here about a year, but there's another Doctor in the Hospital Wing now." she smiled, she was mostly working on her own, but the Doctor was there every once in a while. "Do you like it so far?" sh asked, her head cocked to one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back