Reading.

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
After much walking and looking around corners, Lisa had, at last, found a reasonably quiet place to read. The hum and noises of students passing by was strangely calming, Lisa mused, as she sat on a ledge and swung her legs up, so she wasn't touching the floor. She opened her book, the pages ruffling softly, and she began to read, losing herself in the story. Only direct speech would distract her now.

((Okay, I'm pretty sure we haven't met, please correct me if I'm wrong))

Immy felt like looking round the castle, it was all new to her and she wanted to make sure she knew where she was going before the very start of classes. It would stop her from being late and Immy didn't want to be late for her classes. Walking a little in front of her was Immy's British short haired kitten, Belarus. Immy was well aware that she'd name her cat after a country in Europe and thought that as a name it suited her cat. Immy watched Belarus carefully as they walk. The claws of the small cat making tiny noises against the stone cold ground. Immy was a little surprised when Grace began running. It was a lively energetic cat, which was almost what Immy loved most about her. That and the fact she was uber cute. Immy chased after Belarus, she noticed that Belarus was near to a ledge where a young girl, who looked around Immy's age was reading a book. Belarus looked ready to pounce on to the girl. Immy ran to the cat but it had already launched itself up off the ground and onto the girl's legs. Immy blushed and picked Belarus up off the girl. The girl didn't seem to notice but as Immy was lifting Belarus off the girl she said to the girl.

"Sorry about that." Immy smiled at the girl who was still reading.

oh no, you're good ^_^

Lisa heard the clacking of cat's claws on the floor and looked up in surprise. The cat was coming towards her with a girl that she could only presume was its owner. The cat seemed to look at Lisa a moment before leaping on top of her, mewing. Lisa froze momentarily; a pit bull's barking seemed to echo in her ears. It left the second the girl picked up the cat, blushing.

"Sorry about that."

Lisa shrugged, trying to cover up her fear of cats. "Don't worry about it," she said, waving the girl's apology away. "I'm Lisa, by the way," she added; she hadn't met the girl before, and so could not be certain whether she knew Lisa's name.

Immy smiled and nodded as she held Belarus close to her. Slowly stroking it head playfully. Immy smiled at the girl. Lisa, she introduced herself to be. Immy looked back down at the cat which was softly purring in Immy's arms. In her mind, Immy was telling Belarus off for running off. Immy was still getting used to having a cat.

"Imogen but people just me Immy." Immy introduced herself. "I really am sorry about that. I'm new to the whole owning an animal thing. What are you reading?" Immy asked making conversation with the girl she'd just met.

"Immy." Lisa frowned; she had heard that name before. But where? Suddenly, she had it. "Do you know Taylor Marks?" she asked, "She mentioned you in passing." She blushed a little; she had asked that rather suddenly.

"Oh, I'm reading The Da Vinci Code," she answered, holding the book up so Imogen could see the cover. "It's a Muggle book," she added; for all she knew, Imogen could have never seen a Muggle book in her life. "Oh, don't worry about him. I only got an owl a few days ago." she smiled sheepishly.

Immy nodded. She knew Taylor. They were in the same house and good friends. Immy glad of that. She was glad that going into Gryffindor she already had a friend and that was what everyone needed.

"Yes, I know Taylor." Immy said brightly. "We're in the house, but I guess you probably know that."

Immy smiled at Lisa and looked at the cover of the book. The Da Vinci Code. Immy had started that book, but had never finished it. She hadn't enjoyed it and got bored while reading. It had been the first time for Immy that she'd ever gotten bored during a book. The book that ever happened was Angels and Demons, she'd never finished that either. Both books were by the same author.

"Cool, I never finished that book. I found it pretty boring. What else do you like reading?" Immy said, she got a strange feeling that Lisa didn't like cats. "Do you not like cats?" Immy said carefully.

"I read a lot of fantasy stuff," Lisa said, glancing at the book; this was the first time she had stepped out of her preferred genre of literature. "Stuff like Inkheart and Northern Lights."

"Do you not like cats?"

Lisa started at this question; was she that easy to read? "Not especially," she said carefully; the scars on her arms and legs seemed to tingle at the answer. "I...don't really like house pets," she said eventually, self-consiously rubbing her hands up her arms.

Immy nodded, still stroking Belarus's head. She knew that quite a few people didn't like animals, Immy liked most animals. She'd never gotten a pet before. She knew that some animals weren't friendly at all and she didn't want to risk it at home but since she wasn't any where near home and Belarus seemed pretty harmless, Immy didn't mind having an animal.

"I love Inkheart. Brilliant book" Immy said. She'd not read Northern Lights but had for a long time been planning to. Every time she did try to start reading it something else came up, something else she had to do.

"This isn't really a house pet, it's a school pet. I won't be able to take it home at summer, most likely." Immy said looking down at Belarus and then back up to Lisa. "I'm quite wary of house pets, some are dangerous. Which is why back home we've never had a pet. I've never even considered allowing the buying of a pet at home. No matter how much my sister begs."

"My aunt doesn't like owls," Lisa said. She couldn't imagine why her aunt didn't like the birds; they were beautiful in her eyes. "But loves cats and dogs. How ironic," Lisa laughed, "Because I love owls. They're such beautiful birds." She sighed and closed her book, laying it on the sill beside her. "So I won't be taking Prince home, for sure."

Immy smiled. It didn't seem like she was the only one who'd have to find somewhere for there pet to stay during the summer.

"Owls are beautiful. Amazing creatures." Immy said with smile, while calmly stroking Belarus. "I don't have an owl but I use the school ones to send things home. They are amazingly able creatures. Being able to fly over both short and long distances in half the time it would take for muggle mail."

Lisa smiled as Immy said she liked owls too. "I know, it's incredible," she said. "I love how sleek their feathers are, and how they fly." She thought how beautiful her owl Prince was in flight, and smiled at the thought.

Short, sorry >_<

Owl's were elegant when flying. They seemed to glide across the sky, like the sky was endlessly moving and they were merely place on to it. Immy had watched many owl's fly away with her letter's home. There large wings and gracefulness.

"I love how they seem to glide upon the air and the gracefulness of there flights." Immy said smiling. "It's amazing."

"I know." Lisa nodded. "It's like it's the sky moving, and not them." She sighed. "I wish I could be as graceful as that in the air," she laughed, "I can't even sit on a broom, let alone fly on one!"

Immy smiled. She'd never even been on a broom before. She was looking for to it but was at the same time, worried. Worried she might fall or make a fool of herself on a broom. She knew she would not be as graceful as an owl.

"I've never sat on a broom, but I'm guessing I wouldn't be good at that or be graceful in the air" Immy said smiling, lightly stroking Belarus. "I'm looking forward to learning. Are you?"

Monty began to make his way from the Gryffindor common room. The stairs seemed to have got him loss, but he didn't mind it. Adventure was his middle name and he was ready for anything. He was in his house robes, and his hair was how it usually was, messy. As he was making his way, he had realized he was on the third floor, in the corridor.

He watched as his feet shifted positions. After making it half way into the corridor, he had noticed a girl he met earlier in the commons room. Monty began to rub his hands down his robes. As if he was trying to get the wrinkles out of his robe, which there were none.

He walked up behind Immy,

"Hello, ladies. Immy?" Monty asked, being as well-mannered as he could.

Immy looked round and smiled when she saw Monty. Immy kept lightly stoking Belarus' head as she help her so she could not run away. Or wonder off. Immy smiled at Monty. She'd met him early in the common room.

"Hey Monty." Immy said politely. "What brings you to the third floor?"

As Immy turned around, he waved to her. He still admired her as before. He noticed the cat and waved to her cat as well. Immy greeted Monty and as she did so, Monty waved to the other girl that Immy was talking too. He wasn't much for words, but when he did speak, he tried to be polite.

"Well, to tell you the honest truth, I wondered around and got lost on the staircase and ended up here." Monty stated.

"Whats your friends name?" Monty asked.

Immy blushed slightly at her manners. She smiled at Monty and then to Lisa.

"Where are my manners, this is Lisa. Lisa this is Monty." Immy said politely. Pointing from one to the other. She smiled at how he'd gotten lost. She had with a friend, Lauren managed to make a very good drawn map of the place. It still needed a little attention but that would come. Immy knew that without the knowledge of the map she too would've gotten lost.

"I have map of sorts so I can't get lost. Maybe you should make one, to stop you from getting lost." Immy said with a grin. "A map has seriously helped me."

Lisa saw a boy, Monty, creep up behind Immy. She had met him on the train to school; how far away that seemed! "Hi Monty," Lisa said, smiling a litte. "We met on the train, remember?" She hoped the boy would remember; she didn't really want to explain herself.

It had a been a long time ago, well to Monty. He tried to remember, but her name sounded very familiar. She then announced that they had met before on the train to Hogwarts. Monty felt rude, as he didn't remember their introductions before. But as she looked up at him he had remembered her keen and powerful green eyes. Monty's small infatuation with eyes seemed to be getting to him now. Everyone in the first year seemed to have very enchanting eyes. Monty hadn't even met a single boy yet, just girls.

"Ah, yes. Sorry, I didn't notice right off. Nice to see you again, Lisa." Monty said as he flashed a pleasing smile.

Monty then looked to Immy. She began to tell him that he should make a map. He smiled at the idea.

"Well, I actually like the adventure." Monty giggled a little. "I don't know what I'll do when I start classes; I'll probably just follow you around Immy." Monty said, as he flashed a smile at Immy.

Lisa smiled as Monte appeared to remember. "Nice to see you too," she said; she hoped they would run into each other again. She watched as the two Gryffindors talked, and Monte smiling at Immy. She had a hunch that Monte had a crush on the other girl; she smiled to herself.

Monty waited for one of the girls to say something. But, everyone seemed to be speechless. Monty's hands began to twitch with eagerness. He wanted to say something, but had nothing to say. At all. Monty tilted his head as if he was bowing in thanks, to Lisa. He still felt a little bad, about not knowing her right off the bat. Monty got to anxious, and asked the first thing that came to his head.

"So, who's ready to attend class and learn some magic." Monty asked, with an awkward smile on his face.

Immy smiled at them both. Immy couldn't wait to learn some magic. She was ready to be able to swish and flick her wand and make something interesting happen. It was a little fustrating to be able to wave her wand around and have nothing happen. Immy nodded.

"Follow me all you want Monty. But if we get lost even with an excellent map don't blame me. You choose to follow me" Immy said smiling bright. "As for classes, I'm so ready. I really can't wait. It is going to amazing. Don't you think?"

A long silence came after the question. But just as he thought, Immy was the first one to reply. He smiled as he listened to her talk about him following her.

"Follow me all you want Monty. But if we get lost even with an excellent map don't blame me. You choose to follow me." Immy said.

"Oh, it's okay, we can have an adventure together!" Monty said, with some motivation in his tone.

But the idea of magic and learning it still twisted Monty's ability to learn. He had never attempted any magic himself, but as a child he watched his father do fun spells that kept Monty entertained. This idea began to make him frown a little. He was still worried about his father, without Monty. All his father had was, Monty, and he is off at Hogwarts now.

"As for classes, I'm so ready. I really can't wait. It is going to amazing. Don't you think?" Immy said.

"Oh, yes. I want to learn to fly!" Monty said. He was excited about the whole thing, but he wanted to fly the most.

"I really, really want to start learning soon," Lisa said, clapping her hands in anticipation. "I'm looking forward to Charms the most," she added; being able to make things levitate and grow legs would be very enjoyable. "I don't really want to learn to fly, though..." she broke off, biting her lip. Lisa was scared of heights, and the added fact that she was generally clumsy made flying seem like a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back